what happened to all the sport bikes??

havent you heard? those damn jap, rice burning, crotchrockets are Dangerous!!! :laugh: In colorado we still have quite a few sportbikes running around, but with every season of Sons of Anarchy and OCC we get more and more sleeveless black shirts and half helmets running around.

When I got my Busa new in 06, I was the last of about 10 of us that got sportbikes. I'm the only one still with one. Most wrecked, others had to sell for one reason, or another. Now whenever I ride, if it's not with my little brother, it's always with a ton of cruisers.

When I got my Busa new in 06, I was the last of about 10 of us that got sportbikes. I'm the only one still with one. Most wrecked, others had to sell for one reason, or another. Now whenever I ride, if it's not with my little brother, it's always with a ton of cruisers.

I've tried riding with the cruiser crowd a couple times, then gave it up. My really slow is their really fast and it's just cats and dogs. For all of us being on motorcycles, there is nothing in common, so I pretty much completely ride by myself now. That's why (as I've posted in the past) I've thought about selling the Busa and going completely dirt. Always someone to ride with, racing, fun times, everything that the street used to be, but is no more..
But I still love to ride the twisties, so I keep the Busa and hang on for a while longer.

Yeah its a damn tragedy:down:. My little brother is only 26 and he traded in his zx-10 for a damn harley streetglide:dunno:. When did cruisers become so cool:wtf:. I never wanted one when I was younger and the only reason I may get one now that I'm older is so me and the wife can take long and comfy trips (her choice...she hates too long of a ride on the ol' Busa). Even still...I wont be getting rid of my Busa and she will get 95 to 99 percent of my ride time:yes:.

Even when I go to bike night the majority of bikes is cruisers. The sportbikes that are there are mostly 600's and 750's. I remember 1 week I was the only busa there. Guys were looking like I was insane 4 even sitting on 1 :laugh: I got asked a million times "how fast you got it up 2?" My response was always the same.... Its a busa how fast you think?:whistle:

Even when I go to bike night the majority of bikes is cruisers. The sportbikes that are there are mostly 600's and 750's. I remember 1 week I was the only busa there. Guys were looking like I was insane 4 even sitting on 1 :laugh: I got asked a million times "how fast you got it up 2?" My response was always the same.... Its a busa how fast you think?:whistle:

When I first got my Busa, and went to bike nights, at Hooters, there'd be about 20 Busa's there, and sportbikes would take up the whole back half of the parking lot.......NOT ANYMORE !!!

I think it all has to do when they started taking dodgeball out of schools, ever since then there are more feelings, sissy people and cruisers:laugh:

I wish more people would buy them and keep the development going...looks like Suzuki is really having having trouble moving bikes:banghead: I cannot explain it, dudes cannot buy a bike but they can spend $200 a month to TALK ON THE PHONE???

I wish more people would buy them and keep the development going...looks like Suzuki is really having having trouble moving bikes:banghead: I cannot explain it, dudes cannot buy a bike but they can spend $200 a month to TALK ON THE PHONE???

All my buds are buying 20K baggers :laugh:

Street gliders are all over the place here to and some of the guys with sport bikes want to sell their bike to get one:duh: but we still strong and I'm steady trying to recruit more:beerchug:

What about the more frequent track day crowd? You folks see any increase in the last few years? I'm sure the truth to it is motorcycling as a whole has been a victim of the downturn in the economy. I know the shear number of people I talk to about replacement body work has all of about plummeted. I feel like the real riders out there are still riding...just less, and I think less covers street and track.

What about the more frequent track day crowd? You folks see any increase in the last few years? I'm sure the truth to it is motorcycling as a whole has been a victim of the downturn in the economy. I know the shear number of people I talk to about replacement body work has all of about plummeted. I feel like the real riders out there are still riding...just less, and I think less covers street and track.

I didn't go to the track last year, but from what I seen of the registration list posted from Hallett, there were normal turnouts for most sessions. If the numbers were down any, I'd say it was more from the 100+ degree heat through most of the summer, rather than any economic problems.

A side note to my situation.. A buddy of mine that I used to ride with who sold his bike a couple years ago, just bought a beautiful old (1998 model I think) YZF1000. Another dirt riding buddy of mine has gotten an F4i and is wanting to ride. Somebody to ride with once in a while again! Things are lookin' better.:thumbsup:

i had a night train while i had a sport bike and loved bolth but when push came to shoved i sold the night train...i could live with out that but not with my busa..

+1

At work I'm the only one on a sportbike. Probably close to 35 cruisers on a nice summer day in the parking lot. Seems to me that the closer you get to Charlotte the more sportbikes you'll see. When I make my runs to the mountains I'll pass HD roadblocks on the backroads. It's not until you get to the real twisty stuff that cruisers disappear and the sportbikes show up. I think the kids are more into the stunt thing and leave the mountain riding to the old men:laugh:

Yup, same here, of course we are not far apart.

Yeah....I won't even ride with my brother anymore since he got that HD Streetglide. He asks why and my reply is always the same, "that thing is TOO fuggin' slow and it cramps my style:laugh:". Besides, I hate when I get a nice stretch of highway to crank it up and I have to slow down for his ass:banghead:.

recently i have been thinking a lot about this... it has been few years that when i go for a ride on beautiful days i hardly seen any sport bikes and i see so many cruisers..
just wondering what is going?? it did not use to be like that.. i wonder if it is only in my home town or that happens on your area too..???

They all run and hide when a Busa comes 'round........

:laugh:

Back