What gloves do you like?

RedBusarider

Registered
I'm in the market for some new gloves.

I have used my Alpinestars GP PRO gloves for quite awhile now and they are
either getting smaller or my hands are getting bigger. Leather shrinks right? So I hope it's the gloves getting smaller.
They are super tight to get on. If I remember correctly they were always a little tight but now it takes 30 seconds or longer
to put on one glove. I currently have the GP's in XL size and would consider another pair in XXL if I go that route.
I'm not afraid to try another brand, however the GP's have served me well and I want a quality glove. Protection is worth
more to me then ventilation - not sure if you can have your cake and eat it too. :laugh:

So My questions are...

What glove do you use and would you recommend it?
Where did you find the best deal on it?
How long did they last?

Because I have a Red bike I would like some red in the glove, probably red, white, and black, which is whats on my jacket too.
Also because hand protection is important to me I'm willing to spend UP to $250 for a good pair, However a good pair under $200 would be OK too.
Usually you get what you pay for so I'm thinking a $79.95 pair won't do the same job when needed the most.....

Thanks for any tips or advise. Pictures are always welcome -

scorpion_sg3_gloves_zoom.jpg
I'm on my third set now.
Looks like these are gonna be the keepers.
Got the Scorpion SG3 Gloves with yellow Kevlar stiching to match my Busa
also they work on smart phones too

Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
2 / 5

1 review
0 out of 1(0%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.
Authentic Reviews

Time of Purchase:within last month
Place of Purchase:in store
Level of Expertise:Expert
May 18, 2014

Nice pair of gloves on first look, the velcro is on the wrong side, hard to get just right. the raised impact pads on the top of the fingers come off on first use. too early to tell if they will last. $10 cheaper than the ones I have been buying at Lowes. Wish they still stocked those.
I would not recommend this to a friend

I guess you didn't read the review.
Thanks for trying to help out, but I think I'll pass on those gloves.

Hard to beat the GP Pro's....:thumbsup:

I was able to score 2 pair of Teknic lightning gloves on ebay for $100, Ill use those for the wet weather commutes and to increase the life of the Astars. The Fla summers are murder on gloves.

Revzilla has good prices on brand name gear. You have 2 strike while the iron is hot or else all the good sizes and colors will be sold out.

Me personally I prefer Alpinestar. I wear a set of their shorty GP gloves right now and the fit is incredible. I have a set of Cortech scarabs for winter and Teknic gauntlets which aren't bad but fit & feel don't compare 2 my A-stars :whistle:

another vote for Alpinestars (currently have the GP Pro and GP Tech, both full gauntlet). For hot weather, I am a big fan of HELD Air Stream

Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
2 / 5

1 review
0 out of 1(0%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.
Authentic Reviews

Time of Purchase:within last month
Place of Purchase:in store
Level of Expertise:Expert
May 18, 2014

Nice pair of gloves on first look, the velcro is on the wrong side, hard to get just right. the raised impact pads on the top of the fingers come off on first use. too early to tell if they will last. $10 cheaper than the ones I have been buying at Lowes. Wish they still stocked those.
I would not recommend this to a friend

I guess you didn't read the review.
Thanks for trying to help out, but I think I'll pass on those gloves.

1 review... LOL
I'll go offset that review myself, and have another friend do it as well... :-)
:rofl:

HEROIC SP-R Pro V2 - Kangaroo, Stingray Skin Road Racing Gloves - The Ultimate Road Racing Glove

I start by saying yes these are really f'ing expensive and I mean really, really but as stated above you get what you pay for. Any of us that have to work with our hands for a living and have lost parts of fingers to crashes or just the loss of use of our hands from a big ass scab on the palm will appreciate the protection.
Upsides: great protection, good flexibility and feeling, fits like a glove, long cuffs to keep your jacket from riding up, customer service was great.
Downsides: did I mention they are expensive?, only come in one color, are a little warm in stop and go, look as big as welding gloves, are sized for your normal road racing which is 5 foot nothing so if you are normal size you need to get like a XXL glove.
I'm at the point in my life where I have stopped trying to save money on things like helmets, gloves, boots because I want protection and comfort.

my experience with gloves is you HAVE to try them on at ur local store like cycle gear otherwise ordering them is a complete crap shoot! not only do different manufactures stitch their differently the exact same glove in the exact same size can often fit differently. u also didn't specify if u want a full length glove or not.

I always go to cycle world and try on different gloves and then buy immediately cause I've ordered from revzilla after tryn on a glove at cycle gear and the thing fit differently then it did when I tried it on so saving the few extra buks aint worth it imo.

I do find that Astar gloves fit me best but I long monkey hands. the rest of the european gloves fit like european gloves and jackets which run small.

Back