what fram oil filter do i use for my Busa?

OB_JRBusa

Registered
Could someone please help me out. I want to change my oil and filter before going on my weekend trip but not for sure if I have the right filter in hand. was going to look at old filter but lettering is hidden on bling side. Dont want to take a chance on ruining old filter until I have new one for sure. Is Fram # 6018 the proper filter. If so that is what i have. Someone please let me know? Please don't tell me that I just need to go to the dealer because the one in my home town is notorious for ripping people off.

Use SUZUKI GENUINE PARTS SGP oil filters.
A little more expensive than others but they are
designed and approved by the folks that created
the BUSA TRUST THEM!

Dont worry about a few dollars on this, I showed up at the dealer once with a fram on the bike and they ripped me a new asss. Their made like shitt compared to the oem filter and its grounds for warranty voidation. It aint worth it.

I'm gonna back JC on this one. Think about it- your going a buck ninety and your oil filter blows apart at the crimp. Where is the oil going to go?

Kirk you are close
I look at it this why.
change oil filter every 3k.
at an extra lets say 3.00 per filter(just a Number)and 60,000 miles that is a total savings of $60.00 over what 5 years that is
1 dollar a month that I saved .I think I will pass on the fries with my next order.

I am not an avid Fram fan myself. And the dealer is right across the street from my shop. But I am gonna take that f-ing fram thng apart and see if it suckks bad or not.the Wors thing that can happen is for the bypass valve to open too soon or not at all. The drain plug is absolutely clean. No metal fragments at all. Good sign since I bought this bike used. I get the Frams for about 3.50 each. But I agree, if in doubt, buy OEM.

JR Just buy the suzuki filter and the wrench that fits it. The fram is hell trying to get off. Plus the suzuki is much better in quality. The suzuki filter has an o-ring type seal, the fram looks like they glued on the seal. You do have to tighten the suzuki down good though, finger tight then 2 full turns and check for leaks after that.

You bought an AWESOME bike, now you want to put a CHEAP filter on it?? Maybe you could save some more $$$ by filling it with diesel???

But seriously, do a search on FRAM filters, I have already given my input. People got injured/died about 10 yrs ago because of their GREAT quality control. NO BULL!!! Stick with the OEM filter...

Dave

Buying a Fram filter has nothing to do with trying to save a few dollars. It has all to do with patronizing a business that has for many many years spread rumors about me that are totally untrue. Rumors like calling me "Gay" or telling customer that I was not equipped to do valve service work etc. Why? Because I have been taking away good business from them for 25 years. And then be charged a ridiculous price at that. "My special price" as they would say. I know their hype tactics well. They will pee in your hand and tell you its raining!

thanks anyways gys, I know you are just trying to help. I am well aware of the dangers of using substandard parts. Don't know if you are aware of it or not but I recall seeing some EMGO filters stuck in Fram cartons. Then i heard some rumor that Fram had bought into EMGO stock. Remember those pink paper filters from EMGO. Yep, quite a few of em turned up in Frams stockpile.

Back