What Fits On A Half Dollar And Costs More Than Bst Cf Wheels?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
So hear (pun intended) they are! Phonak B70R hearing aids. My doctor says he has never had a patient so geeked up over having hearing aids. But they are just another cool electronic toy to me. They are pretty amazing and less intrusive than my glasses that I absolutely never wear. Haven't learned all the toys yet but working on cell phone control and attaching them to the TV. Amazing how I can zero in on a sound now even in a restaurant or crowd. My hearing isn't generally better but I feel less stressed at the end of the day. I think I was really working hard to understand people. When I crank the aids up, I actually have super hearing right now. Pretty cool. Unfortunately insurance paid all bot all of it, lol! They were as useless as usual. But my accountant says I can write the full $6K (includes testing, fitting, adjustments, etc.) off. Yes I said $6K. I did think long and hard on this because that is a lot of mods to the Busa. I asked myself many times do I really even care what people are saying? But studies show the hearing loss can lead to early dimensia and other cognitive issues, so I figured I better do the right thing for a change.

Protect your ears people, especially if you are diabetic (I'm type 2). Symptom are TV up loud and not being able to understand people even though you can hear them talking. Note that loud pipes are generally not the problem, it's wind noise. Use ear plugs or isolating ear buds to protect your ears.

ear 01.jpg
ear 03.jpg
ear 02.jpg

Wow, do they have blue tooth capability?

It sucks getting old, I used to get really bad stress headaches, didnt even realize I needed glasses.

Now you can hear how sweet the bird sounds , or tune out people . A long time friend has had hearing aids for as long as I can remember .
At thanksgiving years ago his better half was complaining at him while he relaxed reading a book . He calmly took a remote out of his pocket
witch he pointed at her pressing the volume down button .
Yep he turned her off LMAO !

I asked myself many times do I really even care what people are saying? But studies show the hearing loss can lead to early dimensia and other cognitive issues, so I figured I better do the right thing for a change.

My father has been hard of hearing for decades and he just never gave a crap. He has built a world where it doesn't matter what anyone says, only what he thinks they said. I gave up for the most part. I don't usually try to talk to him. Sometimes I write a short note (which he readily accepts as an alternative to talking) because I refuse to yell. His deafness is debilitating but he dosn't wear his hearing aids. That's his choice. The rest of the world isn't going change for him.

I always wear ear plugs on the bike. I agree it's the wind noise that is loudest in my ears and it is worse with a helmet than not. I wear the lid and the ear plugs and I hope it helps me head off hearing loss I likely have inherited from Dad. If it's damaging my hearing, I've done all I can. I'm not giving up riding. I will wear hearing aids though when the time comes.

For years , I never wore earplugs while riding , but for last couple of years I have . I feel it makes me more in tune with the cycle and also the ride in general , was quite amazed about the difference they made . Got to say Arch , that listening flap of yours is immaculately clean and presentable :laugh: , wouldn't be game to post a pic of mine , in case you saw the light shining through from the other ear hole !

So hear (pun intended) they are! Phonak B70R hearing aids. My doctor says he has never had a patient so geeked up over having hearing aids. But they are just another cool electronic toy to me. They are pretty amazing and less intrusive than my glasses that I absolutely never wear. Haven't learned all the toys yet but working on cell phone control and attaching them to the TV. Amazing how I can zero in on a sound now even in a restaurant or crowd. My hearing isn't generally better but I feel less stressed at the end of the day. I think I was really working hard to understand people. When I crank the aids up, I actually have super hearing right now. Pretty cool. Unfortunately insurance paid all bot all of it, lol! They were as useless as usual. But my accountant says I can write the full $6K (includes testing, fitting, adjustments, etc.) off. Yes I said $6K. I did think long and hard on this because that is a lot of mods to the Busa. I asked myself many times do I really even care what people are saying? But studies show the hearing loss can lead to early dimensia and other cognitive issues, so I figured I better do the right thing for a change.

Protect your ears people, especially if you are diabetic (I'm type 2). Symptom are TV up loud and not being able to understand people even though you can hear them talking. Note that loud pipes are generally not the problem, it's wind noise. Use ear plugs or isolating ear buds to protect your ears.

View attachment 1577878 View attachment 1577880 View attachment 1577879

My father has been hard of hearing for decades and he just never gave a crap. He has built a world where it doesn't matter what anyone says, only what he thinks they said. I gave up for the most part. I don't usually try to talk to him. Sometimes I write a short note (which he readily accepts as an alternative to talking) because I refuse to yell. His deafness is debilitating but he dosn't wear his hearing aids. That's his choice. The rest of the world isn't going change for him.

I always wear ear plugs on the bike. I agree it's the wind noise that is loudest in my ears and it is worse with a helmet than not. I wear the lid and the ear plugs and I hope it helps me head off hearing loss I likely have inherited from Dad. If it's damaging my hearing, I've done all I can. I'm not giving up riding. I will wear hearing aids though when the time comes.
Hey Mythos , your old Dad sounds like a real character bro ! Yes , got to look after the ears and eyes , very afraid of loosing either sense .

Lol! If I'm honest I'm definitely with your Dad on the hearing thing. But I have to hear to do my job so I figured I better take care of it. My dad worked on a flight line on F-4's for 20+ years so he can barely hear too.

For years , I never wore earplugs while riding , but for last couple of years I have . I feel it makes me more in tune with the cycle and also the ride in general , was quite amazed about the difference they made . Got to say Arch , that listening flap of yours is immaculately clean and presentable :laugh: , wouldn't be game to post a pic of mine , in case you saw the light shining through from the other ear hole !

I didn't even think about showing my ear flap! I was more caught out by the amount of gray hair! Funny when you post here a lot you start to think like you are talking to a couple close friends and forget this is an open forum!

PS: Hope my naked ear isn't too sexy for this family forum!

Congrats Fallen. You are now bionic. It will take you a few weeks of wearing them to learn how to process the sounds you've been missing for awhile. You will probably need to get them tweaked a few times to tailor them to your personal needs. But yeah they are pretty amazing nowadays.

Congrats Fallen. You are now bionic. It will take you a few weeks of wearing them to learn how to process the sounds you've been missing for awhile. You will probably need to get them tweaked a few times to tailor them to your personal needs. But yeah they are pretty amazing nowadays.

wouldn't be game to post a pic of mine , in case you saw the light shining through from the other ear hole !
:laugh:

Hey Mythos , your old Dad sounds like a real character bro !
Oh yeah, he sure is! Tell ya though, hearing loss might contribute to all sorts of other problems other than early onset of dementia and the expected communication difficulty. The isolation from other people might cause erosion of normal social skills, too. People doing they own thing and aren't reallt connected enough with those around them to realize it ain't normal and makes others uncomfortable...so you hang out by yourself even more. Vicious circle.

Problems with website posting. Obviously. Sorry for the multiple post.
I thought you were repeating yourself incase he didn't hear you. :poke:

I didn't even think about showing my ear flap! I was more caught out by the amount of gray hair! Funny when you post here a lot you start to think like you are talking to a couple close friends and forget this is an open forum!

PS: Hope my naked ear isn't too sexy for this family forum!

Well Arch , I'm feeling the same way ... not about the grey hair....yet :laugh: , but the friendship thing bro :rolleyes: . Yes I often find myself getting well caught up in my own dribble writings , basically going a little over the top ... or near the edge anyway , with my toad humor . If ever I am becoming too familiar ie; sharing stories warts and all , posting pics of my luv blisters in hope of cheap treatment advice , and or just generally making a roadturd of myself . Please, everyone , feel free to send me a friendly tap on the shoulder , just letting me know you care enough to tell me when it's time to 'pull my head in ' like old mate turtle boy .:D :thumbsup:
PS; I think your ear pic post is fine Arch , reakon nobody but me noticed those tell tale , clearly affectionate nuzzling nibble marks ....:thumbsup:

Back