What drew you to the busa?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
What made you get the Busa over other bikes? Obviously costwise you can afford almost any other bike if you bought a Busa, so why this? Because it is the world's fastest and such? It's looks? It's rarity? Just wondering what decision process people went through to arrive at the decision this bike is for them. I also noticed many others have decided 1 bike is not enough, and if I could financially do that, I most likely would.

Looking forward to responses...

Looks -- Well... that's self explanatory

Comfort -- almost got a Duc, but that seat killed it for me

Performance --- See Looks

Last edited:
I told my wife I really liked the Busa. She said no way, you'll kill yourself.
She went to Peru to visit her Mom for 3 weeks.
I had to have the forbidden fruit and I bought it.

She nearly killed me when she got home and saw it in the garage. No, I didn't tell her while she was there.

It's like a mistress. Forbidden, devilish, sexy, exciting, rare, unforgiving, and requires some maintenance. Just the thought of riding it gets my adrenaline going.

king of the hill (and no, I dont wanna hear anything from the whackasaki guys with 14's) For me its all of the above, comfort, speed, :laugh:looks, it's just seems right. As they say " If it has to be explained to you, you wouldn't understand" unless you have one, then you get it.

King of the road,the comfort for high speed touring,parts are cheaper than Kawazaki in my country,the hp,its looks and the stability for high speed

I never really cared for them much until I helped my buddy search for one. I test drove one he was buying and fell in love. I had to have one after that.

Love the lines.. She is so sexy.. always believed in Suzuki.
Size little bigger... comfort

Last edited:
HMMM---interesting question. For me, I like the fact that other riders give you that "LOOK" when you tell 'em what you ride. I like the looks, speed, and repretation of the bike. I bought the 'busa, my son bought the ZX-14. We get lots of "thumbs-up" when we ride together. :thumbsup:

It's reputation of being number one. I love having the best of anything. Bike, Wife,Kids, all the best, it's been a heck of a year. Also, like stated above the reaction you get from people when they find out you ride a Busa.:thumbsup:

looks, long distance comfort and power......plus it's built big enough that i don't look like a monkey on a football like i do on the liter bikes :whistle:

I always wanted a sportbike, but that's just not how things turned out due to needing to finance education and investments first. A $400, previously laid down Honda Nighthawk was the closest I ever got.

Fast forward twelve years and I have the itch to ride again. Money is now not the hurdle it was, and there are way too many Harley's in this area. I'm married now, so I want something I might be able to get her to ride on with me from time to time, without it being a total party killer the 95% of the time I'll be riding solo.

The Hayabusa has a reputation for being comfortable enough to use as a sport tourer, without the looks of a Gold Wing or Concourse. I'm not there with mine yet, but I've only got 800 miles on it so far, and it's all stock. With some more time on the bike and a different seat, maybe some bar risers, definitely a taller windscreen, hopefully a Yoshimura R77 full exhaust, probably a speedohealer, likely an undertail kit of some sort, maybe some Buell pegs or equivalent, and a tank bag, it seems like it will become a great sport tourer! Oh yeah I forgot to add tire chains for next winter:

Motorcyclist's Home.jpg

February Bike Ride 1 Low Resolution.jpg

Back