What Does Your License/Registration Fee Go For?..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Listed on my receipt.. "Registration Fee.. $17.00", general tax stuff I figure. "Agent Fee.. $7.00", the outright politicians cut. Then there's the "Railroad Crossing Fee.. .50". Railroad crossing fee? Lol, there's one to think about. All together $24.50 for a 2 year plate.
What are all your license fees going for? Any head scratchers like the RR crossing fee on mine?

Mine is like 80 bucks for one year. Tags are the only thing I miss about Missouri.

California 1 year - Mine is due in May:

Registration fee: $71
License fee: $25
Weight fee: $0
Special Plate fee: $0
County/District fee: $10
Owner Responsibility fee: $0

Total: $106

Owner Responsibility fee?! I guess if you're not responsible enough to keep your weight down (Weight fee) then you get charged an additional fee for your lack of responsibility...

I assume this is the same as road tax which we pay in the UK.

If it is mine cost $116 a year.

My bike is up for renewal this month. $17.00 per year in Hamilton County, TN. There's no break-down on the charges.

just got mine today in texas,

$43.50 a year total
$30.00 plate sticker
$1.00 reg DPS fee
$10.00 county road and bridge add on fee
$1.50 child safety fund
$1.00 automation fee

dont tell em about the RR fee cause im sure the a holes will stick it on there if they think they can.

Not that it matters to you folks in the states but our registration fee is 6% the value of the bike. And the value of the bike is 27,000 US $.:banghead: So roughly 1600 US $. The only saving grace , registration is for the lifetime of the vehicle. Plus you have other expenses like , handling charges , pollution test fee , special number fee etc.

Do you get a discount if you promise not to cross any railroads? Maybe its 4 times the amount if the same county owns all for RR's? Can't be a good ride on the reading RR after passing go

Back