What does the site need?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Good evening everyone,

Just curious as to what you all thought the site needs to make it to the next level? I know that we have the suggestions forum but I am looking for bigger picture items. We have a chat room (never used) and a message board (always used) a picture gallery, an upload center, vids, what else do we need to set up? Let me know your ideas.

CAp

:super: It's prettynav-able as it is Cap, maybe a "Subject Index":super: A listing by general subject and their subsets, like:

Exhaust
Slip-on
Full System

Fuel System
Filters
Pumps
Octane

Stuff like that.

-A "BACK" button from the picture gallery to the Board.

-Contributing members either through t-shirt/decal purchase, donations, etc... should have the option of setting up their own photo albums in the Gallery?

-Make the "ADD REPLY" page a little more user friendly. Bring back the ability to easily change font size, color, heck even the font. A spell checker would kick butt... Maybe go to a Horizontal layout? Place the typing field across the bottom half of the page, with all of the moti's, fonts, color options, etc across the top half...Just a thought....

-Place the Moti's back into a smaller scrolling window and allow folks to add their own moties to a custom motie drop down. Allow motie's to be placed anywhere in the body, not just at the end. Currently it is impossible to go back into what you have written and drop moties in, they only show up at the end of the text.
- Increase the number of Moties allowed, or distinguish somehow between motie's in a quote and motie's in a reply.

Nothing Earth shattering there I know, but just some thoughts...

;) This is a great site.One suggestion is when someone does a project it would be very cool for many if we documented and took step by step pictures as tutorials.Granted not all can be done this way for the sake of time during some projects but there are many that would be easily done this way.Power commander install TRE and so on,then those contenplating such projects could do them with more confidense.One may know how to do this and one may know how to do that,but it seems like it could be a learning experience for all.Cool the exchange of positive input.Just a thought

;) This is a great site.One suggestion is when someone does a project it would be very cool for many if we documented and took step by step pictures as tutorials.Granted not all can be done this way for the sake of time during some projects but there are many that would be easily done this way.Power commander install TRE and so on,then those contenplating such projects could do them with more confidense.One may know how to do this  and one may know how to do that,but it seems like it could be a learning experience for all.Cool the exchange of positive input.Just a thought  
I'm with SHODA on the how-to section. www.uponone.com has one but not the quality I'd like to see here. I'd like to see them on actual webpages with quality photos. Something like the dragbike.com feature of speedraider's turbo busa build up but with each "article" detailing an individual mod. Go here to see an example of how I'd like to see it done.

Members usually express interest in photos and specifics when someone posts about new mods. I think having a part of the site devoted to just that would be a great addition. People could check the how-to section before posting "how do I..." for the 1000th time like I always end up doing. Or, when they did ask for the 1000th time they could be pointed to the how-to section instead of not getting a reply, or getting a ton of links to other threads or even other sites to dig through to get the info they need.

Another thought... I think an article area would be nice. Again, something set up right, like dragbike.com features. Members could submit articles on different bike related issues and maybe even provide event coverage from bike shows, races, etc...

I don't think adding emoticons and spellcheck is going to take the site where you want to go. Changes to the message board portion of the site may improve that section but to really rise above where it is now and actually hit another level I think you're going to have to put out more than just the best dang bike forum on the net. Giving the site informative (how-to section) and more journalistic (articles/event coverage) aspects would bring it to a whole new level.

I mean let's face it, this site has the best bike forum on the net as far as I'm concerned, but little else. It needs to be a website with a forum and not just a forum to truly rise to another level. Just my $.02...

Of course these ideas would require letting more people become involved in the making of the site, unless you plan on doing a LOT of mod how-to's with pics and writing a LOT of articles yourself.

So who is going to write these articles? I have done a couple in the past and requested submissions but have not had anyone provide me with the content. Bullet are you going to send them to me?

Cap

Sorry dude, just a suggestion... Didn't mean to strike a nerve. I didn't know the ideas I had already flopped in the past...

No nerves hit at all just a simple question. Everyone wants videos but I cant seem to get anyone to upload vids to the FTP server. Not a single video has been uploaded. I know what you are looking for, here is one that I did a long time ago for stemstand. Stemstand Narcissus has done a couple over the years and posted them on the site but no others. If there are those out there that want to create a webpage or two and send them to me I will post the how to's in a new area. I just havent been overwhelmed with submissions.

CAp

Cap i will try to put together a couple for the site.Simple things that i had to search for info on because there were no directions in the box (lol as though a tech was going to do it)I can do one on installing a pc2 or a 220mph speedo on a 2001 stuff like that.But im no serious wrencher.No je piston stuff here.Glad to help if i can and others are interested,at 65.00 an hour thought many would like to have a shot .Some things are a lot simpler than they sound until seen.Thats my case anyway very visual type i guess.

Hangin in there, trying to make this the best site possible.

cap

I compare it only to what I expect the site to be..... I dont know of a site out there that has the vids, gallery, upload center, message board or chat.. I have pretty high standards

What you should do then is write down everything you want the site to be, then work on achieving that goal, or you'll just be chasin yer tail forever........You must have some idea of what the ultimate Busa site should be......now go do it.
Personally......I think it's the best already.
I see by reading above, that all of us already love the site, so much so in fact that most of the suggestions are just small improvements......nothing major at all.
Take er easy Cap!!!!!
:beerchug:

I just realized something while swappin posts with ya Cap.
What the site needs is for you to interact with the members a little more.
I know yer busy, but I see ya on here alot, most of the time probably doing maintanence, but.......maybe when yer on.........welcome some of the Newbs......say Hi.......start a thread about something you wanna talk about, besides the board........I think alot of us would like to get to know you a bit.
My .02, but my best .02
:beerchug:

BTW.......we wanna see what ya look like too......post yer ugly mug in the appropriate thread will ya..........or are ya scared?? :eek: :eek: :tounge:

Back