What do you think about CAP proposed in the book "Killing America Slowly"

What do you think about CAP?

• I think CAP is a good idea and I support its implementation.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I support Cap and will work for its implementation.

• I think the idea has merit but needs some refining.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to hold government’s feet to the fire, but feel CAP will have un-intended consequence

• I think CAP is a bad idea and will not fix government.

• Total voters

IG.

Registered
Thanks to a great suggestion by fallenarch, I'd like to post this poll. Please refer to this thread if you don't know what this is all about.

I started my last response to IG thinking CAP was a stupid idea. I have evolved to thinking it might have merits with some pretty heavy adjustments. I think if all you gun toting, right winged, " I love America types" don't make your opinions known on this poll then I will have to question the sincerity of your patriotism. (was that to strong a push? :sly:)

All of us come here to learn something, share our experiences, maybe read a joke, or simply chit-chat. It is an enjoyable, exciting, and often unpredictable experience. That's what makes H.ORG so unique (thanks, Captain). Getting involved in some heavy duty political discussion does not exactly fit this purpose, especially if it requires reading a lot of stuff, thinking, and figuring out. And I completely understand that.

But days are ticking away, weeks turn into months, and months turn into years. We all know that something is very wrong with our country, that our country is getting sick, and as time goes by this sickness turns into a chronic illness. We push this seemingly unsolvable problem to the back of our minds, I think in big part because we don't believe there is a solution, and if there is one let someone else figure it out. We gladly complain, joke, and show our frustration when talking about shortcomings and faults of our governments, but we find it challenging to get involved in trying to solve this problem.

I know it takes an effort to push yourself and get involved, but what should be inspiring, that this is done for a great cause - something that ultimately will come back and benefit you directly or indirectly. So, maybe when the mood is right, after you read all new posts, replied to everything you wanted, and have the time to read a bit more than usual, maybe at that moment you can step back, look at everything in retrospect, and look at the long term future, and maybe cross that invisible barrier.

It's that important. And your participation will make a difference no matter what you think.

Back