What do you think about 2022 Aprilia RSV4 ?

1705057269935.jpeg

bought mine brand new a decade ago ~ fantastic FUN bike to ride *

A very good friend of mine who is also a bike mechanic and has been for over 30 yrs now said that the Aprilias are both expensive to fix as well as maintenance heavy compared to many other bikes...he said BMWs and Ducatis are right on their heels.

There was a time when each of these three had a surcharge just to remove fairings...it was something like $250 if they had to take any fairings off...not sure if they still do this though.

His friends who have BMW, Ducati and Aprilia dealerships love them, they are expensive to buy, expensive to fix and spend lots of time in his mechanic's care...he makes money hand over fist in servicing.
Lol I know this is a Redstoration but your friend definitely has some anti Aprillia bias. I've owned a V4 Tuono Factory for years and it's as rock solid as the Busa was. Granted, I always do my own work so the different service department hourly rates are moot. The RSV4 fairings are no harder to remove than Busa fairings. The fairings on an ST1300, quite another matter. Valve checks are recommended at 12k intervals, but the other service schedule is identical to a Busa. Read any forum, this one included, and you'll be led to believe that particular type of bike is problematic. Ride one of the V4 RSV4 models and your world will turn upside down. I got to ride one on the track in Austin TX last season and I came away amazed. The combination of torque, top end and absolutely neutral handling is super addictive. On the street, it's probably a bit much but oh, the fun.

Last edited:
Lol I know this is a Redstoration but your friend definitely has some anti Aprillia bias. I've owned a V4 Tuono Factory for years and it's as rock solid as the Busa was. Granted, I always do my own work so the different service department hourly rates are moot. The RSV4 fairings are no harder to remove than Busa fairings. The fairings on an ST1300, quite another matter. Valve checks are recommended at 12k intervals, but the other service schedule is identical to a Busa. Read any forum, this one included, and you'll be led to believe that particular type of bike is problematic. Ride one of the V4 RSV4 models and your world will turn upside down. I got to ride one on the track in Austin TX last season and I came away amazed. The combination of torque, top end and absolutely neutral handling is super addictive. On the street, it's probably a bit much but oh, the fun.
Beats me, this guy has a lot more experience wrenching than I do and he (to me) is the expert...

I know nothing about Aprillias, although, I almost bought one years back but this same friend steered me away.......that's as close as I came or will come.

The bike I currently have will be my last bike, once it no longer fits my needs, it's gone and won't be replaced...it almost got replaced recently as I was thinking about going into a classic pick up instead but changed my mind.

I think a lot of people just regurgitate something they heard or read or have one bad experience and suddenly a specific bike or brand is problematic. I'm a member on Aprilia forum and some bikes definitely have issues but it seems the vast majority of Aprilia owners are happy with their bikes. In reality it's expensive to maintain any bike, I didn't see much difference between what I pay for maintenance on my BMW's and what I paid to maintain my Kawasaki.

Back