What do you guy's want from Suzuki?

smv busa

Registered
This tread is to all the owners of Busa's. Granted the bike has been out since 1999 and has had only 1 update in 2008, its still the best SUPERBIKE platform out there! Name one other motor that can be turbo stock and go over 300Hp. Kawasaki just got it right in 2012 how many years did it take them to do it? Honda thur in the towel when the zx11 came out! Yamaha hasn't had a real SUPERBIKE since the 1984 FJ-1100! So they finally gave us the brakes the bike really needed years late! The only other things needed is a updated electronics package and a reworked clutch! Name a bike that you can buy anything,anywhere like the BUSA? None.And for the record the 14r is not that much faster than a Busa!:thumbsup:

Updated electronics with abs , traction control and at least 1400cc to match Kawy.They are way ahead now If we keep buying the bikes as they are, Suzuki will not change the bike much. It took them 13 years to put on ABS, lol BMW invented it in 1985

BB

It took them 13 years to put on ABS, lol BMW invented it in 1985

BB

This is true..... but for how many years did people ride busas and other sport bikes and was completely satisfied but then all of a sudden So and So puts ABS on their bike and 5 minutes later everybody that owns a busa is complaining about how old and out dated the brakes are and how they can't ride without ABS.... mind you the majority of the people wanting it never rode a bike with it so I guess it's a keep up with the Jones's vs actual ride experience thing

Screw the abs and traction control, that's for people who shouldn't own a busa! :D Give me a 1441 and I'm good!

Kawi's offerings in previous years were not crap, as the ZX series sport bikes are some of the toughest bikes out there. They didn't get it right per se just recently. You just were not into what they offer. I want to see a stock Busa engine survive at 300hp for an amount of time. I know, I've been the turbo Busa route and I would like to see Suzuki for once make a decent transmission for the Busa. The stock Busa trans are junk.

I think the most popular mods is a good place to start along with incorporationg some of the advances made by other companies. Difficult to do and keep the cost down but I wouldn't mind paying a few grand more for the following features. After all, this bike was meant to be the benchmark for all grand sport bikes out there.

More displacement. TC and ABS that can be switched off if desired along with a more aggressive ECU tune. Electronic suspension like BMW H4 that can adjust to big guys. Separate high beam/low beam adjustments with HID. Moto GP like swing arm. Updated electronics but keep the analog tach and speedo. Possible small GPS display for sport touring. Better looking wheels. Galfer like rotors. Adjustability in the clip-ons. Radial brake master cylinders and stainless steel lines. Maybe some carbon graphite parts in the right places.

That's probably my only gripe.... If your gonna do something don't do it half :moon: If you put Brembo Calipers on the bike it should come with Brembo master cylinders as well :whistle:

^ I agree! I'm not waiting for suzuki as I am in the process of improving my stock brake setup over the winter. After test riding the zx14, I have to agree the busa brakes are no match.

I like the looks, more go, more stop, able to turn better, and the elect. to help us who can't ride , out of the weeds.

Back