What do you guy's want from Suzuki?

smv busa

Registered
I'm starting this tread cause everybody wants Suzuki to come out with a NEW BUSA! What do you guy's want? So the bike platform is from 1999,lets look at what the other bike company's have done since 99. Kawasaki has had 3 or more superbikes trying to out do the busa! They just got it right in 2012! Honda said **** it! Yamaha hasn't had a real superbike since the 84 FJ 1000! The engine is bomb proof! Name one other engine that can be turbo stock and take it up over 300hp,none! So what it took them awhile to put killer brakes on them but it's there now! The only thing thats needed is a updated electronics package and a reworked clutch. It's still the KING OF SUPERBIKES! Pull up anywhere on this planet and people know what it is! To be honest the 14r for having 100cc more a head that was built with the help of Bob Carpenter:bowdown: is not that much faster than the Busa!

I want a complete new look for the Gen-III. New bodywork, new plastic.

New frame makes sense - its 15 year old technology with that frame.

Patiently waiting to see what Suzuki will do next.

LOOKS: New look is fine ONLY if it's functional IMO! Make the bike more aerodynamic and I'd be okay with the change. If it's going to be for looks only and worse aero then I'm okay with no change or minor change. Also, DESIGN THE FAIRINGS BETTER! Go back to one piece sides or bracket and screw setups for easy removal. None of this pop together plastic crap that comes apart and blows apart at high speeds. Come out with better colors and less graphics and NO MORE cheap looking stickers!

Get a more classic and current look... :thumbsup:

PERFORMANCE: Frame is fine if cost to update is to much but AT LEAST update it. Use lighter materials with new technology and update it wherever you can. The engine needs to be at least 1441cc+ because of the 14R. Better head/cams and smoother gear box. Brakes are better now with Brembo's but any upgrade would be better, and please make the ABS an option or at least easily removed. Power wise it needs to make at least 30whp+ more than the current bike to the tire to stay at the top and lose around 35lbs or more. Lighter wheels would be great or at least an option!

ELECTRONICS: We are in a computer age, it should have ABS, traction control (several modes), launch control (several modes), digital dash with analog or digital tach modes (with trip computer, tank range, temperature, mpg, tire psi monitor, etc..), bluetooth that links your phone/helmet, a few USB power ports, adjustable rearsets, HID/Xenon headlight, LED tail light and blinkers. Adjustable suspension would be great but not a requirement. Get all this CURRENT technology and electronics on ALL the models to save cost and improve the brand.

This stuff has been out for decades on cars, why aren't bikes getting it?

I could go on if someone from Suzuki wants to entertain some ideas or at least listen to CURRENT OWNERS.... :beerchug:

IDK? I'm a street rider so maybe if I was racing or going back and forth across the country racking up miles I might have an issue but i'm good still with my Gen1 :whistle: Owned a handful of sportbikes and theres just something about this bike that just fits with me and ive yet to still ride this bike to its full potential and probably wont. Ive done countless mods to it and still have much more that I want to do to it so to start all over again from scratch and land myself in more debt for a new gauge cluster or some more CC's that I can get from say a turbo, P&P, or a bottle of nitrous isn't that appealing to me. There will always be a New model or thingamajig that comes out that makes the old 1 so-called obsolete but I'm good with that. I'll be obsolete and happy with my tricked out fossil of a busa :thumbsup:

LOOKS: New look is fine ONLY if it's functional IMO! Make the bike more aerodynamic and I'd be okay with the change. If it's going to be for looks only and worse aero then I'm okay with no change or minor change. Also, DESIGN THE FAIRINGS BETTER! Go back to one piece sides or bracket and screw setups for easy removal. None of this pop together plastic crap that comes apart and blows apart at high speeds. Come out with better colors and less graphics and NO MORE cheap looking stickers!

Get a more classic and current look... :thumbsup:

PERFORMANCE: Frame is fine if cost to update is to much but AT LEAST update it. Use lighter materials with new technology and update it wherever you can. The engine needs to be at least 1441cc+ because of the 14R. Better head/cams and smoother gear box. Brakes are better now with Brembo's but any upgrade would be better, and please make the ABS an option or at least easily removed. Power wise it needs to make at least 30whp+ more than the current bike to the tire to stay at the top and lose around 35lbs or more. Lighter wheels would be great or at least an option!

ELECTRONICS: We are in a computer age, it should have ABS, traction control (several modes), launch control (several modes), digital dash with analog or digital tach modes (with trip computer, tank range, temperature, mpg, tire psi monitor, etc..), bluetooth that links your phone/helmet, a few USB power ports, adjustable rearsets, HID/Xenon headlight, LED tail light and blinkers. Adjustable suspension would be great but not a requirement. Get all this CURRENT technology and electronics on ALL the models to save cost and improve the brand.

This stuff has been out for decades on cars, why aren't bikes getting it?

I could go on if someone from Suzuki wants to entertain some ideas or at least listen to CURRENT OWNERS.... :beerchug:

Got-Busa?, why don't you work for Suzuki? Excellent suggestions.

I want a complete new look for the Gen-III. New bodywork, new plastic.

New frame makes sense - its 15 year old technology with that frame.

Patiently waiting to see what Suzuki will do next.

15yr old technology that is still one of the fastest production bikes on the planet.

Whilest I've not had a Hayabusa yet (March of next year will be my first), I can't think of anything they could do.

Acclerate faster than anything on the production planet - check
Top speed (limited) 186mph - check (Do you really need to do 200+ on the street)

The only thing I can think of is maybe redesign that tail. The lights just look plain goofy sticking out with that giant hump on top. Maybe traction control from the factory...

Aside from that it can be customized like a set of lego's... dont like something it can be changed... and with the same design, the parts get cheaper.

Redesign it and the price of the bike increases, people have to retool for new parts, making them more expensive.

Almost everything Got-Busa said minus the digital dash. I do too much touring on mine for a digital dash. VERY hard to read with the sun in the wrong place.
Otherwise, more powa! :laugh:

I'm down with all of the above with the exception of digital speedo. I dig analog! Have 1 idea Suzy, how about a 99' anniversary copper/silver color scheme as a limited edition gen 3?

same as got-busa said but also a high beam that works like a high beam instead of a bird finder and a digital speedo in the middle of the analog one..

Back