What do you guys think!!

It would be better than jeans and a t-shirt. :laugh:

As far as the quality for track, I would invest in a track tested brand. I have both Teknic and Komodo leathers. Both are well made and reasonably priced. Newenough.com had a killer deal on Teknic leathers a few months ago.

One thing I would also highly recommend no matter what suit you get: Remove the back protector from the leathers and get a Teknic of Alpinestars back protector to wear under them. It will provide much better protection and be very comfortable.

check out cyclegear I just got a nice 2 piece Frank Thomas from them with boots and gloves for $535.00. Also, your suit doesn't come with knee pucks.

Cycle Gear is a good shop. Frank Thomas is no Alpinestars, but I have to admit they make stuff a little nicer than that Suzuki knockoff. I agree with the other posters. Somebody is pirating the trademark and doing a bad job of it. There's no way that's officially licensed stuff. I know it's tough to save up the money, but you really do get what you pay for with quality leather safety gear. Resist the temptation to go cheap. There's a difference between good value and low price.

I'm not even gonna mess with that place i called I didnt notice they havent sold anything since 08. I gonna call that spartan place tomorrow and see what they say. I'm all for giving small businesses a shot especially in times like this. I dont see why some people think you have to spen big$$ to get good quality. Thats like saying a $500 paint gun is better than a $50 gun, Its not the gun its the painter using the gun. If i cant get what i want from a small place then i will go to the big name stuff. Thats just how i roll:laugh:

Well this sucks i ws lookin at all the name brand companies sizing charts and none fit me. I can get the waist size but the chest and height is way off. so it looks like i'm gonna have to have one custom made. LOL that or i need to about 60#s by july 17 when i make my first track debut. I guess i'm just a fat ass :-(. :banghead: note to self need to stop eating so much :banghead:

The 2 pioece is good especially when you are waiting in line on outlaw track days.

a longer suit--- you can tuck the pant legs down into your boots and make it fit

The height for the suits that would fit my waist is 6' 2"-6'5" i'm only 5' 10" thats a big difference and like i said at that the chest isnt big enough I'll figure something out lol. I might have to get some lipo:laugh:

i know how you feel, i am larger guy myself. off the rack is not an option for me. i bought a Z Custom Leathers suit a few years ago, and was looking for a new one...for less cash.

Spartan and Tilt seem to be legit, there are bunch of guys racing in Northern cali that use the Tilt stuff and they seem happy....i know the Spartan website has a forum, maybe you can find someone local to actually look at a suit before you buy.

i am not sure how close you are to Spartan, but I saw you were both in IN, so i figured it might work out for you....maybe its worht a couple of bucks in gas and a road trip to look at his stuff....

if they are half way decent, for the price it would be hard to pass up....

Ya i just got off the phone with the guy from spartan. I'm gonna head down there sometime next week and take a look. the bad thing is its gonna take aout 2 months to get my suit if i order it, or i can pay an extra $125 and get fast shipping and have it in a couple weeks. He does this as his side business so it not his main source of income so he takes pride and make sure every customer is satisfied and the suits are top notch quality.:

Get this one. It will get the job done:whistle::rofl:

JK... I don't know anything about track suits. Hope you find what your looking for.:thumbsup:

PINK.jpg

Back