What do you figure made this?

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I cut some lower branches off a tree the other day for easier mowing and found this nest.

Made out of twigs on the outside and firmly packed with mud on the inside.

Weird thing about it was the nest faces out horizontal instead of vertical.

Mud nest.jpg

that would be the great yellow bellyed cackslapper. its curious mating habits include wailing and lamenting of its chest about gun control and rainbow farting unicorns!! lol

Swallows are the only bird I know of that makes a nest using mud. Every year the little buggers use my boat house as a nesting hotel. If I had to guess, I'd say it's an unfinished swallow nest. I don't disturb them because they eat thousands of mosquitoes daily. Keeps the bugs down along the river where I live.

Found a little critter this morning. He is aggressive and does not want to give up his ground. I've got him to the ground and under a 5 gallon bucket till I figure out what to do with him after church hours. :whistle:

You can see him hissing and showing some pretty large fangs here.

He might be showing aggression since I just woke him up in daylight but I have to wonder if he isn't just a touch on the rabid side...looks like he has been holed up in the umbrella for a while.

critter bat.jpg

Found a little critter this morning. He is aggressive and does not want to give up his ground. I've got him to the ground and under a 5 gallon bucket till I figure out what to do with him after church hours. :whistle:

You can see him hissing and showing some pretty large fangs here.

He might be showing aggression since I just woke him up in daylight but I have to wonder if he isn't just a touch on the rabid side...looks like he has been holed up in the umbrella for a while.

Neighbor across the street had one hanging on her front door the other day and was all freaked out,i brought it home and turned it loose that night(cool little critters and eat lots of bugs).:laugh:

Back