What do you consider a "long ride?"

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So I'm a "member" of this "sportbike club" on Facebook. And this guy posts this today..

These guys are the type that "ride" from parking lot to parking lot to hang out. They are all youngin's... I seriously laughed out loud when I read this... :rofl:

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Well, you have to start somewhere. :poke:

2 hours maybe a long time for them.

Wait til they try a 1000 miles or more.

I don't consider a 2hr ride a long trip but I guess it's all a matter of perspective and relative to your riding habits. I know some guys that won't even take their bikes out on the highway. They just cruise around town piping a slip on exhaust trying to look cute for the ladies :banghead:

For me, a long ride is anything more than 100 miles (See pic). And after that, the Busa is so comfortable, I can go on forever. :laugh:

DSCN0614R.jpg

DSCN0614R.jpg

Just did the Lake Michigan Circle Tour a few weekends ago. We only did about 900 miles, and in two days, but very easily done in 24 hours. Have fun! :beerchug:

it depends on where i'm riding but typically anything under 500 miles is a fairly easy day...it takes me an hour to just get the kinks worked out and start getting in a groove...once you get over 750 miles on a Busa, everything is getting pretty numb and you can push on as long as you aren't falling asleep :beerchug:

Depends on the bike.
I rode my Busa all the way in one day back from Bash which was 900 miles in 11hrs.
I felt fine afterward. But if I got on a 600 or similar liter bike I don't think I'd last an hour.

I consider 2 hours a long ride if I am just going out into the mountains to have fun and arrive back home. 700 miles I would consider a long ride if I was headed towards a destination. My 2 hour mountain runs involve hundreds of corners and elevation changes. Best thing about Tennessee is the twisty mountain roads where if you are doing 35 MPH you are on the ragged edge. Love it.

Depends on the bike.
I rode my Busa all the way in one day back from Bash which was 900 miles in 11hrs.
I felt fine afterward. But if I got on a 600 or similar liter bike I don't think I'd last an hour.

You should have taken the long way home and done 1000.

If I can leave in the morning and get back in one day, its not a long ride.

i am leaving on September 8th for about 11,000mi. :cheerleader:

that is what i consider a long ride.

you live on painkillers for the first 2-3 days as you build up muscle. after a couple weeks on the road it becomes routine. get up, ride all day, when you get hungry stop and eat, try and make your destination every day, but if ya don't, it isn't the end of the world. :thumbs:

:poke: anything under 2000mi., your just out for a cruze. :moon::laugh:

anything longer then 2-3 hours at a time is too long for me. I go out to hammer it not tour the country. if I wanted a bike to tour on I wudda bought a Goldwing. actually, I wouldnt mind owning a Goldwing for long rides. of course mine is turboed, stretched and lowered so not apples to apples. I just get bored riding around aimlessly.

Back