What do i use to get the swing arm bolt out??

KYBUSA502

Registered
Been reading threads and I don't see anyone saying what the used exactly to get the swing arm bolt out. I'm changing swing arms and I'm frustrated because i don't know what to use. Please can someone help asap! I have both side buts off and I know its threaded in there so what do I use to turn it??? Looks like a super sized Allen but goes in there!

I got this one off amazon for mine
79D6C70D-6207-4EC8-B04B-9B665B4BC35E.jpeg

Motion Pro 08-0397 Chrome Hex... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009D3FPSM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I got my multi Allen
Suzuki swingarm tool in stainless steel

And my swing arm took from titan classics. May as well order some titanium bolts while you are there :D:D

Exactly which bolts? And I appreciate you guys replying back so quick. I will order that and I snapped the bottom shock bolt while I was in there man! pretty upset about it.

Exactly which bolts? And I appreciate you guys replying back so quick. I will order that and I snapped the bottom shock bolt while I was in there man! pretty upset about it.
Oh boy.....well I mean if money grew on trees, all of them LOL.
From titan classics I got my Ti kick stand bolt, my fairing bolt kit, Clevis pin for rear master and my pinch bolts.
The nice thing about Ti is no corrosion as opposed to what you experienced with your shock bolt.
Side note, did you snap it by wrenching it by hand?
I have found that if I am struggling, an impact gun works wonders...guess the impacting vibrations of the gun are better at freeing stubborn bolts than brute force. Just don’t use impact on assembly.

Oh boy.....well I mean if money grew on trees, all of them LOL.
From titan classics I got my Ti kick stand bolt, my fairing bolt kit, Clevis pin for rear master and my pinch bolts.
The nice thing about Ti is no corrosion as opposed to what you experienced with your shock bolt.
Side note, did you snap it by wrenching it by hand?
I have found that if I am struggling, an impact gun works wonders...guess the impacting vibrations of the gun are better at freeing stubborn bolts than brute force. Just don’t use impact on assembly.

Yes that's exactly what happened. I was unbolting it by hand and it snapped. I got it out and everything, I'm guessing it was from the tention from the shock, idk but I'm gonna try the place your talking about. My compressor went out on me couple of weeks ago otherwise I'd been using it. Got another question for you.

My starter cover was cracked and I took it off, while waiting for my other one I said i mute as well go ahead and change swing arms. While the bike was tilted to the right i noticed the gears on the starter was sliding down. I have pictures but I'm trying to figure out if its supposed to slide off that freely with nothing holding it on. I'll post the pics to show you.

Posed some of the same pics twice on accident but I'm pointing to the end were it seems there's nothing holding it on. Is it supposed to be like that?

20190320_224232.jpg

You are the second person in like 2 weeks that has issues with suspension bolts. Those bolt are stupid tight with thread locker. I might have some bolts in my spare parts bin, depending on which one you need and the year of your bike.

Yes that's exactly what happened. I was unbolting it by hand and it snapped. I got it out and everything, I'm guessing it was from the tention from the shock, idk but I'm gonna try the place your talking about. My compressor went out on me couple of weeks ago otherwise I'd been using it. Got another question for you.

My starter cover was cracked and I took it off, while waiting for my other one I said i mute as well go ahead and change swing arms. While the bike was tilted to the right i noticed the gears on the starter was sliding down. I have pictures but I'm trying to figure out if its supposed to slide off that freely with nothing holding it on. I'll post the pics to show you.
Yes both the gear and the mounting stud should be loose. This keeps them from binding and or wearing preamaturely.

47F7F6D8-5592-445D-8CE3-CCEC2E18D988.jpeg

579318BF-DBB9-48DD-95BC-18FC2B406458.jpeg

75BAB0F1-3A42-414A-AD08-A8840E468B4B.jpeg

CEF51EF3-F308-47F5-A57C-460E16D576F4.jpeg

6469E13B-8498-4F7F-BA54-EC38BD675F33.jpeg

B20F3FD7-EAEF-4C39-AB80-09A4DF6EBEA0.jpeg

F28A2F47-81D4-4E1D-89A8-3E353918CEFC.jpeg

552303B1-D6AF-4DB0-8200-621F005526AA.jpeg

Just had to show off that blue huh??:lol:
@KYBUSA502 welcome aboard, lots to learn here. There are a few other members in your area, and I'm not too far from you on the other side of Evansville IN

Man i appreciate you guys. I got a little worried when I seen that. I like how the response time is super fast! I'm mad I have to wait on my tool or else I'd be wrenching away right now!

Back