what do i need to run 1/4 mile

slowmoving1

Registered
leathers,gloves,what kind of boots,does the busa have a cutoff built in if you lay it down aka killswitch for fuel injection.
only draged cars be my 1st go on a busa

thanks in advance gainesville does a good tech just want to be ready

Tell them when you pull up your bike has a tipover kill switch integrated into the wiring system and you should be good for the kill tether,snell 2000 helmet ,leather gloves,ankle high leather boots or tennis shoes,leather pants if you can go over 120mph in the 1/4,and a nhra license if you do better than a 9.99..more than likely the last two the first few times you won't have to worry about them,but before the night is over you may need leather pants..work on getting a good light and good sixty foot,when yo get them down get your 330 and 1/8 mile down after that apply for your license cause your gonna get faster.  
bowdown.gif
have fun and remember ride at your skill level not like the guy beside you or in fronmt of you and you will have a great time..let us know how it went you get back.

the most important thing you will need is to practice up on crying and whinning and making excusses, and bitching ,moaning, name calling, and general bad sportsmanship is good to have too
AAAssjani.gif
argue.gif

Just my opinion and obsevration, but drag racers seem to be the worst sports of all, vaery rarely do they just say "yep you were faster than me" and they argue like little kids. When you race for a full day on a twisty track and get beat, you dont complain cause you know why you got beat, you suck
SHOCKED.gif

(warwgn @ Oct. 03 2006,06:02) the most important thing you will need is to practice up on crying and whinning and making excusses, and bitching ,moaning, name calling, and general bad sportsmanship is good to have too
AAAssjani.gif

argue.gif

Just my opinion and obsevration, but drag racers seem to be the worst sports of all, vaery rarely do they just say "yep you were faster than me" and they argue like little kids. When you race for a full day on a twisty track and get beat, you dont complain cause you know why you got beat, you suck
SHOCKED.gif
you must own a slow bike.....I have never made those excuses
jump9.gif

(warwgn @ Oct. 03 2006,08:02) the most important thing you will need is to practice up on crying and whinning and making excusses, and bitching ,moaning, name calling, and general bad sportsmanship is good to have too
AAAssjani.gif

argue.gif

SHOCKED.gif
How many times have you raced your bike at the strip?

I have only raced at the strip a couple times when I had my GSXR 600, and it was just to see what it would run. I have never competed on the drag strip, it's just not that much fun to me nor do I have the cash to make my bike fast enough to really compete. Thats why I race my ATV, I have enough cash to make it race worthy the rest is all rider skill which is free.

My 600 did manage to pull an 11.28 in the 1/4 @ 5000 ft, and I am sure with a skilled rider it could have broke into the 10's, but it only had a K&N filter and 1 tooth smaller front sprocket and was my daily driver so it would never have been enough to be competitive against modified bikes.

And you guys just proved my point, the first things you did was be negative
argue.gif

But I started it huh
tounge.gif

I wasn't negative, I just figure you didn't dragrace. There is a LOT of sh!t talking that goes on in the sport, percieved by outsiders as negative, if you spent some time at the strip, you would know that it is one of the most close-knit communities you could possibly be a part of.

I drag race for fun,not to beat anybody. i will race to better my E.T i don't care what anybody runs beside me,but i would like to win.

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 03 2006,08:flamethrowing:) I wasn't negative, I just figure you didn't dragrace. There is a LOT of sh!t talking that goes on in the sport, percieved by outsiders as negative, if you spent some time at the strip, you would know that it is one of the most close-knit communities you could possibly be a part of.
+1

(warwgn @ Oct. 03 2006,08:27) My 600 did manage to pull an 11.28 in the 1/4 @ 5000 ft, and I am sure with a skilled rider it could have broke into the 10's, but it only had a K&N filter and 1 tooth smaller front sprocket and was my daily driver so it would never have been enough to be competitive against modified bikes.
If your track elevation really is 5,000 feet, I have a hard time believing your times on that 600cc bike with only those mods.....
rock.gif

MAN MY 900 AT THAT ELEVATION WAS RUNNING THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO ONLY BE LIKE 100 LPS I HAD SOME MORE MODS THAN YOU AND IT WAS HARD TO BEAT THAT

(slowmoving1 @ Oct. 03 2006,11:01) I drag race for fun,not to beat anybody. i will race to better my E.T i don't care what anybody runs beside me,but i would like to win.
im with this guy. im out there trying to get better not worry what everyone else is doin.

(Got-Busa? @ Oct. 06 2006,12:49)
(warwgn @ Oct. 03 2006,08:27) My 600 did manage to pull an 11.28 in the 1/4 @ 5000 ft, and I am sure with a skilled rider it could have broke into the 10's, but it only had a K&N filter and 1 tooth smaller front sprocket and was my daily driver so it would never have been enough to be competitive against modified bikes.
If your track elevation really is 5,000 feet, I have a hard time believing your times on that 600cc bike with only those mods.....  
rock.gif
why, that time sucks! it took me like 10 runs to get it too
sad.gif
first run I ever did on it was 12.33. I was too scared of wheeling it and dumping it so I didnt launch nearly hard enough.

but yep it was at the Albuquerque intl drag strip, so actually a little over 5000'. But still not that special, onlt 11.28, come on that is still slow. I was beating honda cbr 900's and f4i's and beat a Busa too, but that was all their fault. There was another busa out there that night that was running low 10's and I really think he was just farting around.

Like I said it was just for grins, but I had never run that fast before so i remember the times. All my cars I ever ran were 14 and 15 sec cars
AAAssjani.gif
so to break into the 11's was cool for me.

It was a 03 GSXR600, if that helps you any. I also got the speedo to read 172 on I40 before, but that was with a smaller front sprocket so I suspect it was really around 150 something?

Go ahead and let the flaming begin.

You better call SPORTRIDER because that's a record. No way do I believe that time with those mods on a 600cc bike at 5,000'! You can claim it all you want but I don't think you are going to find anyone to believe that.....
sad.gif

I belive my speed was 123mph on that run, if that helps any.

Back