What did you run on the BUSA???

What did you run on the BUSA??? - 1st time on the 1/4 mile how did you do?

• 13.00's or slower!

Votes: 580 70.4%
  • 12.00-12.99!

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • 11.00-11.99!

Votes: 40 4.9%
  • 10.00-10.99!

Votes: 135 16.4%
  • 9's First weekend ever on the track and a Hayabusa!

Votes: 55 6.7%

• Total voters

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
I am just curious how you guys did when you were NEWBIE's?

This poll is more or less for a friend of mine. He has an 03 Hayabusa and has never raced a bike in the 1/4 mile or on a track before.

I told him his first weekend out, I don't think "he" will even get in the 10's! He seems to think he will be running right beside me or in front of me at the track!

He should read this but how do I explain to him that it's harder than it looks?

I am far from good but have run several 10.2's @ 137 stock and have since done a strap and clutch mod.

I don't want him getting hurt trying to beat me? Can you guys help this ROOKIE out for me?

Thanks,

Josh

First shot last year, after years not being at the drags.

11.0 with
10.1 156mph
9.8 160mph
9.65 163mph

9/10's 209.37mph

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "new top end"|1079285333 -->

What about on a BONE STOCK Hayabusa and the first time you raced it 1/4 mile?

Your MPH indicates a far from STOCK bike! :D

BONE stock as in like out of the crate with 42psi in the rear tire and I weighed then 190 with leathers.
10.49 very first pass with a baby lauch and shifting. next pass was 10.20's

Stock busa 11.01 on the first pass.and 10.897 133mph for a best time that night. Old fat guy riding it and no balls on the starting line. I will have to work on all that. I did all that even with the tall GoldWing looking winsheild.

What about on a BONE STOCK Hayabusa and the first time you raced it 1/4 mile?

Your MPH indicates a far from STOCK bike! :D
Yes it is far from stock. 280hp-310hp depending on the boost. Stock would pull mid to low 10's. each major mod knocked some time off and increase the speed.

First time & only run I sucked big time! Track was too full to hang around for another 3 hrs to get a 2nd run. Slow 60 ft. Hit rev limiter in 1st, actually down shifted between 2nd - 3rd (rev limit again) didnt see where the trap was so I kept going till I had to stop & turn around... anyway still did an 11 sec run @ 136mph - I think my top end was better :super: :tounge: :super:

dragday.jpg

I've never run the 1/4 but I believe my time would suck...I have plans however of being :devil: ...

im not old enough yet but i have a certain love for bikes mainly busa's so i hope to see yall in 3 years<span style='color:darkblue'></span>

never before raced in my life, but we have a local eighth mile track. I ran something like a 7.32 @ 102mph. I need a little practice at the light!! But I had a blast and I guess thats what counts.:p
tounge.gif

racing is really really fun...keep up the practice and you'll get better.

Hey I never noticed that you're from iowa....sweeet where from? I"m in Waterloo...maybe we can hit the track sometime this spring...will be my first time racing on a bike :blush:

The first run was with a 7" extension and I ran a 11.6, the track was not prepped and I could not hook up I kept spinning all the way through 3rd gear. Plus I am a weenie off of the line. I have to practice at launching. The second time I still babied it off of the line and ran a 10.9. That was on the stock tire. Now I have a shinko and it hooks up alot better than the stock. I probably won't try again on this bike since I am chroming it out and just got a custom paint job done.

Lesse, Have yet to be to a proper 1/4 mile venue but I can go from Zero to Holy Crap in about two city blocks...

Yeah yeah, Biggest problem I always had at the strip (CAGE RUNNIN) was nerves, I cannot imagine what it's like on a bike... But put me at the tree, with a crowd of my contemporaries watching... my reaction time shoots to about .504 or so... Once I settle down I am better, but those same nerves on the Busa... Hmmm, could get ugly...

Lesse, Have yet to be to a proper 1/4 mile venue but I can go from Zero to Holy Crap in about two city blocks...  

Yeah yeah, Biggest problem I always had at the strip (CAGE RUNNIN) was nerves, I cannot imagine what it's like on a bike... But put me at the tree, with a crowd of my contemporaries watching... my reaction time shoots to about .504 or so...  Once I settle down I am better, but those same nerves on the Busa... Hmmm, could get ugly...
you "settle" down??? a .504 R/T is damn near perfect

.500 being perfect...
smile.gif

Back