What did you do to your other vehicle

Got the front done. Only real glitch was there is a simple little latching piece that holds the coil springs into their position. It's on the top of the spring. A little 10mm bolt. Little chyts both rusted bad enough they snapped off. Took longer to drill those out than to change the entire spring and shocks. Bigger hole, bigger bolt now.

Tomorrow the rear.
Rear was a complete challenge! All shocks were original to the van. I purchased the Van in Illinois.

They were totally rusted. The mount bolt which is a biotch in normal times was a MFinBiotch when rusted. And pretty impossible to get to.

Finally got a 14" Sawzall in to its resting place and cut it off. Lots of choice words and a couple of roughly handled shocks that pretty much disintegrated from rust as they were getting abused by me, but it was conquered.

7 days is still a long time. But I needed every bit of 2 whole days.

New springs and shocks all the way around. Don't want to do this one very often!

Whew........just changed over the wheels for the summer on the Ram......boy, those winter 20" steelies sure are heavy......

The summer aluminum ones are heavy too but not near as much....I can see why there is so much difference in CF rims as opposed to stock rims on the bike, the truck handles a lot faster with the summer wheels on....

Once the wife gets home I'll switch out the rims on her Edge.....she has factory 20" summers on it and when I put them beside my truck's rims, there is at least 5 inches of difference as her tires are low profile Scorpions...

Back