What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

ODO.20k.JPG

Installed my alpha t full exhaust:banana::banana: :thumbsup: ... I'll have to get some pics tomorrow as it got dark and cold on me. I also ended up putting the marble mod back in for now since the flames were a little too close to the tail with it just sitting still but I have a feeling that marble will be pulled out before summer ends:D:D

Stripped and cleaned my 6 pot Tokicos today.
There was a fair build up of crusty gunk under the dust seals increasing pressure and resistance on the pistons.
Last time I did it was Feb 2017, 39,000kms ago, I'd fully cleaned out the seal recesses (lands), pistons looked good and I re-used all the main seals and dust seals which also looked OK , and I replaced the front pads with EBC HH sintered at that time.
The brake pads which now have 39,000kms on them are about 2/3rds worn.
My rotors took a beating from the HH sintered pads and are now at minimum thickness both fronts and the rear rotor also, dang it.
Soooooo . . . I'm now looking online at rotors, pads, and caliper seals.
Man it's never ending maintaining these bikes lol . . and EXPENSIVE!! :confused:
But sooo worth it! :D

With so much free time on my hands I finally got around to I stalling a few bits lately. Finished 3D printing the final version of my "Shark Fin" toe protector, and got it installed. Had to put a couple of 6mm SS Riv-nuts in the swingrm to mount it, but it fit perfect.

I also got around to installing the Carbon fiber gauge cover I have had sitting around for awhile now. Not thrilled with this one honestly. Quality was fine but fitting it required a fair bit of "work" (sanding) on the factory cover to get it installed. The alignment with the OEM turn indicators is not perfect either. Oh well it looks world's better than melted factory cover.
MVIMG_20200417_115449.jpg

MVIMG_20200416_173326.jpg

With so much free time on my hands I finally got around to I stalling a few bits lately. Finished 3D printing the final version of my "Shark Fin" toe protector, and got it installed. Had to put a couple of 6mm SS Riv-nuts in the swingrm to mount it, but it fit perfect.

I also got around to installing the Carbon fiber gauge cover I have had sitting around for awhile now. Not thrilled with this one honestly. Quality was fine but fitting it required a fair bit of "work" (sanding) on the factory cover to get it installed. The alignment with the OEM turn indicators is not perfect either. Oh well it looks world's better than melted factory cover.
View attachment 1617137
View attachment 1617138
Did you place the c/f cover straight over top the OEM cover?
Did your OEM cover have 'lensing' burn damage like mine?

B02ED745-3352-447E-980D-28AA48BD72AF.jpeg

4D8724AE-6D52-4622-9361-6C045F6912FC.jpeg

I started putting mine back together. Put a different gas tank on it I bought off a Busa page. It had no rust and my original did so I swapped them out. Done the oil change, ordered a new rectifier cause I believe mine was trash (battery won’t charge). Waiting on my new windshield screen, iridium plugs and decals to show up in the mail. Started it up and reved it up a lot till the battery died. Got high of gas and exhaust fumes. I’m so ready to ride this thing. I have become one with my bike since I got it. Been all through it getting to know it. Soon we will be one and everywhere together. Can’t wait.

Did you place the c/f cover straight over top the OEM cover?
Did your OEM cover have 'lensing' burn damage like mine?

View attachment 1617139

View attachment 1617140
It did. I think I mentioned in another thread the other day these gauges were not the originals, the sun damage had already been done. This CF cover installed over top of the factory cover as no lenses are present in the CF part. Still looks
better than stock, but I would not do business with this particular vendor again for a few reasons.
MVIMG_20200416_172013.jpg

I started putting mine back together. Put a different gas tank on it I bought off a Busa page. It had no rust and my original did so I swapped them out. Done the oil change, ordered a new rectifier cause I believe mine was trash (battery won’t charge). Waiting on my new windshield screen, iridium plugs and decals to show up in the mail. Started it up and reved it up a lot till the battery died. Got high of gas and exhaust fumes. I’m so ready to ride this thing. I have become one with my bike since I got it. Been all through it getting to know it. Soon we will be one and everywhere together. Can’t wait.
You guys are sooooooooooo in love, its so cute!
Word of advice . . don't cheat on her, she'll leave you :rolleyes:

Stripped and cleaned my 6 pot Tokicos today.
There was a fair build up of crusty gunk under the dust seals increasing pressure and resistance on the pistons.
Last time I did it was Feb 2017, 39,000kms ago, I'd fully cleaned out the seal recesses (lands), pistons looked good and I re-used all the main seals and dust seals which also looked OK , and I replaced the front pads with EBC HH sintered at that time.
The brake pads which now have 39,000kms on them are about 2/3rds worn.
My rotors took a beating from the HH sintered pads and are now at minimum thickness both fronts and the rear rotor also, dang it.
Soooooo . . . I'm now looking online at rotors, pads, and caliper seals.
Man it's never ending maintaining these bikes lol . . and EXPENSIVE!! :confused:
But sooo worth it! :D

I just got my seals in from brakecracters. Use brake15 as a code and save a few bucks if you use them

Back