What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Removed the chain guard, thoroughly cleaned it and the chain, didn’t need adjusting. Mileage is 64,552 and I’ve had it since 2/04/06. The rest of the bike was already detailed after my last ride. It’s nearly 100 outside and will be for the next week or so. Bike’s gonna sit for awhile. :confused: :D

How many chain and sprocket sets have you gone through in 60,000+ miles?

I've always been one to change it all at one time but I've also considered two chains for every pair of sprockets. Now that I got rid of the OE stuff, I may do that.
Im at 20,000 and just changed my chain and sprockets and thought I had the wrong front sprocket when I pulled the giant oem one off. Have to say bike does roll a little easier in the garage with the new chain even tho the oem showed very little wear it was obviously time to change it.

Im at 20,000 and just changed my chain and sprockets and thought I had the wrong front sprocket when I pulled the giant oem one off. Have to say bike does roll a little easier in the garage with the new chain even tho the oem showed very little wear it was obviously time to change it.

Yep. I had the same issue when I did mine but realized that the stock front sprocket had a built in dampener. This is the pic I took when I did mine

Yep. I had the same issue when I did mine but realized that the stock front sprocket had a built in dampener. This is the pic I took when I did mine

View attachment 1603745
I was definitely a little confused fir a second :lol: with all the talk on lightening up the drive on these things I figured someone would have posted to get rid of that big thing a long time ago. Only thing I didn't like was I ordered the red zvx3 chain and didn't realize it was gonna be the metallic red but still looks good with the black vortex rear sprocket and the 2 extra teeth in the back make it feel even better then before. I'll have to get some pics posted tomorrow since I forgot ti take em when I was changing it.

Timing... Went to fit my new front yesterday, and had to double, then check again that it was the correct one. Same, as it's all steel with no rubber dampener on it..

I was definitely a little confused fir a second :lol: with all the talk on lightening up the drive on these things I figured someone would have posted to get rid of that big thing a long time ago. Only thing I didn't like was I ordered the red zvx3 chain and didn't realize it was gonna be the metallic red but still looks good with the black vortex rear sprocket and the 2 extra teeth in the back make it feel even better then before. I'll have to get some pics posted tomorrow since I forgot ti take em when I was changing it.

I almost bought a full Vortex kit. I was convinced not to. I went with a Renthal Ultralight front and Superlite rear all steel sprockets. Pro Bolt titanium sprocket nuts and axle nut. Chain is a gold ZVX3 chain. All OE specs.

I almost bought a full Vortex kit. I was convinced not to. I went with a Renthal Ultralight front and Superlite rear all steel sprockets. Pro Bolt titanium sprocket nuts and axle nut. Chain is a gold ZVX3 chain. All OE specs.
I looked at the vortex as well but after putting their 525 chain on my cousins 600 gsxr didn't have really have high hopes on the chain so I used the zvx3 and the vortex sprockets.

Very nice . . but why two when they're both near new and both Gen 2's?
I bought the black one first before seeing the grey. When I saw the grey I wanted it but could not get a good deal on trading my black 19 for it so I traded my FJR.

I am going to see what happens in 2020 if there is a gen3 or not. Then I will decide if I want to trade the black one or just sell the black one.

Otherwise I don't mind having two. I can go 600 miles without servicing a chain then just do them both at the same time. I just trade off riding them. I also thought about making mods on one but not sure.

Gonna go home and park mine for two days. I'm off work and have nowhere special to be.

My helmet showed up at my house yesterday so I'll post pics of that when I get home.

Very nice . . but why two when they're both near new and both Gen 2's?
I think you meant to say why not... if I could afford it id have a building full of them, hell I'd have one of every color offered :thumbsup: . I love that grey and red and had a feeling once @08BusaKY seen it he was gonna regret not waiting for it abs grabbing that black one so quick.

I bought the black one first before seeing the grey. When I saw the grey I wanted it but could not get a good deal on trading my black 19 for it so I traded my FJR.

I am going to see what happens in 2020 if there is a gen3 or not. Then I will decide if I want to trade the black one or just sell the black one.

Otherwise I don't mind having two. I can go 600 miles without servicing a chain then just do them both at the same time. I just trade off riding them. I also thought about making mods on one but not sure.
I think with the two I'd turn one (black one) into a long distance rider like a ram jam replica and leave the other one stock looking and just do a few little things like an exhaust and dyno tune. :thumbsup:

Back