What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Removed the chain guard, thoroughly cleaned it and the chain, didn’t need adjusting. Mileage is 64,552 and I’ve had it since 2/04/06. The rest of the bike was already detailed after my last ride. It’s nearly 100 outside and will be for the next week or so. Bike’s gonna sit for awhile. :confused: :D

Last edited:
Thanks! The plan was to clean the concours14 as well, but I was soaked in sweat and the fan wasn’t doing much for me, so figured I would do the concours another day. Also started the Dr650 to at least warm up the engine. The woods are flooded, so no riding dirt either. I always laugh when people tell me I’m lucky to live in Florida and able to ride year-round. Summers are my slow riding season, due to the daily storms that roll through everyday.

View attachment 1603186
I'm getting that too in Palm Beach county Florida the rainy season, every day thunderstorms around 1pm and 5pm

I'm getting that too in Palm Beach county Florida the rainy season, every day thunderstorms around 1pm and 5pm
This is what I did to my busa aka The Falcon put a no name megaphone on it now its loud as F---- I have decided if I'm going to keep it on the Falcon very loud !

20190813_033620.jpg

20190813_040350.jpg

This is what I did to my busa aka The Falcon put a no name megaphone on it now its loud as F---- I have decided if I'm going to keep it on the Falcon very loud !

View attachment 1603493

View attachment 1603494

I tried a pair of heavily modded OEM cans once and it actually dynoed 5 hp less than stock. Sounded great though and I couldn’t actually feel the slight loss, but it did surprise me.

I tried a pair of heavily modded OEM cans once and it actually dynoed 5 hp less than stock. Sounded great though and I couldn’t actually feel the slight loss, but it did surprise me.
I have a full system 4 into 1 Yoshumara I changed the can to the meg. So I might put the Yoshumara can back on to early to tell right now if anyone else has tried this let me know about your experience thanks

I have a full system 4 into 1 Yoshumara I changed the can to the meg. So I might put the Yoshumara can back on to early to tell right now if anyone else has tried this let me know about your experience thanks
I'm putting my Yoshumara can back on the Falcon that Sic Dog megaphone muffler is too dam loud I let a friend of ride the Falcon and I rode his busa the Sic Dog megaphone muffler sounds great amazing but while riding it, it sounds like crap to me I guess it has a irritating drone to me personally not trying to bash anyones business but it's not for me if anyone wants it its listed on Facebook busa classified for sale I used it 1 day drove the busa to work then home I just got it in the mail yesterday

I'm putting my Yoshumara can back on the Falcon that Sic Dog megaphone muffler is too dam loud I let a friend of ride the Falcon and I rode his busa the Sic Dog megaphone muffler sounds great amazing but while riding it, it sounds like crap to me I guess it has a irritating drone to me personally not trying to bash anyones business but it's not for me if anyone wants it its listed on Facebook busa classified for sale I used it 1 day drove the busa to work then home I just got it in the mail yesterday

Sometimes loud isn't always better...of course just try and convince many HD riders of this..

A tuned pipe sounds much better than an open exhaust on an in line 4 IMO.

I was at the gas station filling up the truck the other day and one started up and I almost jumped over the truck as it scared the crap out of me...man, was it loud! Too loud, ridiculously loud, should have been illegal loud.

Sometimes loud isn't always better...of course just try and convince many HD riders of this..

A tuned pipe sounds much better than an open exhaust on an in line 4 IMO.

I was at the gas station filling up the truck the other day and one started up and I almost jumped over the truck as it scared the crap out of me...man, was it loud! Too loud, ridiculously loud, should have been illegal loud.
The muffler sounded great while my friend was riding my busa , And I was on his busa , but it did have the iconic busa sound my Yoshumara can definitely sound quality is better, but that's too funny you almost jumped over your truck :lol:

Sounds like me with my mustang. Bought it with flowmasters mufflers and it was a hell of a rumble that made things rattle inside my garage. Finally had enough of it (I’m sure my neighbors too) and found a pair of OEM mufflers and loving it. I can now hear the big V8 scream and don’t feel like I want to jump out of the car after an hour drive, due to noise. Some people love loud exhaust, but I rather have a quiet one.

Sounds like me with my mustang. Bought it with flowmasters mufflers and it was a hell of a rumble that made things rattle inside my garage. Finally had enough of it (I’m sure my neighbors too) and found a pair of OEM mufflers and loving it. I can now hear the big V8 scream and don’t feel like I want to jump out of the car after an hour drive, due to noise. Some people love loud exhaust, but I rather have a quiet one.
LOL , I wanted some what louder but this is really really loud and sounds irritating to me my Yoshumara can is mellow like a hi fi stereo system not like a guy with his bass so loud is making buzzing noise from his truck or his tag :mad:

The muffler sounded great while my friend was riding my busa , And I was on his busa , but it did have the iconic busa sound my Yoshumara can definitely sound quality is better, but that's too funny you almost jumped over your truck :lol:

It was the initial "blappp" start up. of course the ignoramus has to crank on the throttle...(I never get this with a fuel injected bike...). Normally I am very attune to my surroundings but on that particular day my mind was occupied in trying to fill the gas tank in a full sized truck.

I make a point of never crapping where I live. I idle my bike out of my neighbourhood and if I go into someone else's' neighbourhood, I respect those who live there. I like my Yosh for that very reason, it is quiet yet authoritative at low rpms and screams at high rpms.

After almost 40yrs of riding I consider myself to be an ambassador of the sport and if I act like an ass, what does that say to the others? That and as my bike is very distinctive, it would be to my detriment to be an idiot.

BTW-the only thing loud pipes do is piss off all those who have to listen to them.

It was the initial "blappp" start up. of course the ignoramus has to crank on the throttle...(I never get this with a fuel injected bike...). Normally I am very attune to my surroundings but on that particular day my mind was occupied in trying to fill the gas tank in a full sized truck.

I make a point of never crapping where I live. I idle my bike out of my neighbourhood and if I go into someone else's' neighbourhood, I respect those who live there. I like my Yosh for that very reason, it is quiet yet authoritative at low rpms and screams at high rpms.

After almost 40yrs of riding I consider myself to be an ambassador of the sport and if I act like an ass, what does that say to the others? That and as my bike is very distinctive, it would be to my detriment to be an idiot.

BTW-the only thing loud pipes do is piss off all those who have to listen to them.
Your so very right my friend when I was In my late twenties I was that guy you pulled up beside with the bass blasting 2 twelve inch woofers shaking the ground, I have a nice loud system in my Lexus 2 amps 2 tens I crank it a little while on I95 once in a while but very rarely if setting at a stop light or wall to wall traffic I dont want to disturb the cars around me like wise with the busa myself and my co worker was riding down A1A in Palm Beach County Florida the speed limit is 35 mph or 40 mph I had to ride my bike in 4th gear it was 4am people have multi million dollar homes there didnt want to wake up people with my busa sounding like a drag bike I'm 54 years old now and a whole lot more considerate of other around me not that kid anymore so I'm on the same page as you my friend
I bought the muffler off Ebay the seller is one hell of a person he is letting me return the muffler even after I installed it had it on the bike for 1day that's customer service right there making sure their customers is 100% happy

Back