What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

In regards to my post-what is a good replacement for that cheap plastic quick disconnect for the fuel line to the tank? It seemed to come off way too easy for my liking.
Rather than replacing it, just check, double check and triple check it is actually locked in BEFORE lowering the fuel tank and buttoning it all up.
i feel your pain, but consider what I have to go through on my old 99 model with NO quick connector, just push on fuel hoses, I spill fuel EVERY time I remove the hoses, can't be avoided ! ! Grrrrrr. . .

Rather than replacing it, just check, double check and triple check it is actually locked in BEFORE lowering the fuel tank and buttoning it all up.
i feel your pain, but consider what I have to go through on my old 99 model with NO quick connector, just push on fuel hoses, I spill fuel EVERY time I remove the hoses, can't be avoided ! ! Grrrrrr. . .
Good point, it just looked a bit flimsy and seemed like a weak point. The old Busa is like my old Bandit in that regard...push on fuel hoses and a buggar of a tank to get off..

The sad thing is I had it running after I put it all back together and it was fine, the connector must have just been not on all the way...

Thanks brother Kiwi.

Good point, it just looked a bit flimsy and seemed like a weak point. The old Busa is like my old Bandit in that regard...push on fuel hoses and a buggar of a tank to get off..

The sad thing is I had it running after I put it all back together and it was fine, the connector must have just been not on all the way...

Thanks brother Kiwi.
Anytime mate!

In regards to my post-what is a good replacement for that cheap plastic quick disconnect for the fuel line to the tank? It seemed to come off way too easy for my liking.
Those suckers usually hold pretty well, they are used on a lot of the gasser trucks for the fuel filters. What I find best to do is seat the white plastic clip in the black housing and press it as firmly as you can. If you hear a nice audible “click” you should be good.

Put my new oem nose fairing on. That nose is such a pain in the ass on the gen 1’s between the headlight pins, the mirror holes and the ram air tubes it’s like pulling damn teeth when your not a dentist.

502BEE9A-123A-4A21-98F4-9A0C68C821BF.jpeg

F6BB7B95-D9A4-4573-A874-415201D9E322.jpeg

Put my new oem nose fairing on. That nose is such a pain in the ass on the gen 1’s between the headlight pins, the mirror holes and the ram air tubes it’s like pulling damn teeth when your not a dentist.

View attachment 1597723

View attachment 1597724
Your bike looks amazing Steven, there aint't nuthin' like brand new OEM fairings to put a grin on yer chin! But the cost of doing that, wow, that shows your dedication to the Busa, and the love you have for your motorcycle, my hat is off to you Steven! :bowdown:
Just a wee tip for when you're fitting the nose cowl on your bike, remember to use rubber grease or silicone on the rubber grommets for the pins and also on the ram air tubes, then line up the air tubes first then the pins, then last push the top 'horns' over the mirror mounting lugs carefully while holding the lower part in place over the tubes and pins. . . . easy huh? lol.

Those suckers usually hold pretty well, they are used on a lot of the gasser trucks for the fuel filters. What I find best to do is seat the white plastic clip in the black housing and press it as firmly as you can. If you hear a nice audible “click” you should be good.
Sure looks like a cheap, flimsy connector...
When I did all the maintenance and had the tank up, I don't remember doing anything with the quick disconnect but maybe I did.

The white bit stayed on the nipple while the rest disconnected. I put them back together and gave a good test. I took the bike for a good ride and no fuel leaked thankfully.

Back