What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I better get a damn invite!!! Engine should be done this week. Then a week to get it all back together. Have to work out a time with Frank to bring it in for a tune. So I’ll be down there.
Heck YEAH Greg 3852 putting the beast back together. You are welcome any time on any ride. Did you take the engine to GIXERhp like you talked about? When you are planning to be at PH let us know. Maybe we can get our schedules to line up. Know Steve is down 4 it.

I’m down we can plan it out...if you want to get your bike done sooner and work our the kinks if any shoot me your address I will order you up a clutch cover gasket your choice of oil and a filter and you can just PayPal me back on 4/19.
Just have to wait few days order oil then wait on delivery. I have everything else but thanks anyways. Looks like Greg38 may be in your neighborhood soon & will ride with.

Drooled and drooled wishing i still had one. I have an m109r and i have been holding off on a busa to see if a gen 3 actually does come out. I will be done waiting in 2020 and will source a copper 99 if at that time no gen3. Then it will be heading to Frank :)

oooh, and 250hp!

I bought a Land Rover from WVa, as a 3rd vehicle and a toy, and it's still a project.
I bought it from a private seller, with a clean title, and carfax approved 121k original miles.
When I titled it in Va, the lady at the dmv said, "oh, we don't put the mileage on a Va title from WVa vehicles(even when the wva title shows correct mileage), because their state doesn't require mileage on the title(even though it was listed).
So my clean Va title has no mileage printed on it anywhere.
I thought maybe she just screwed up, but, after looking at Many bikes and cars from wva, dealer and private sellers, I always see their prices as significantly lower than identical vehicles in any other state.
I would *assume* the no mileage transferred to other state titles would lower an otherwise good vehicle's value.
Point being, check with your state's dmv before buying Anything from Wva, because if this holds true, the resale value is way down, and for nothing other than stupid laws.

oooh, and 250hp!

I bought a Land Rover from WVa, as a 3rd vehicle and a toy, and it's still a project.
I bought it from a private seller, with a clean title, and carfax approved 121k original miles.
When I titled it in Va, the lady at the dmv said, "oh, we don't put the mileage on a Va title from WVa vehicles(even when the wva title shows correct mileage), because their state doesn't require mileage on the title(even though it was listed).
So my clean Va title has no mileage printed on it anywhere.
I thought maybe she just screwed up, but, after looking at Many bikes and cars from wva, dealer and private sellers, I always see their prices as significantly lower than identical vehicles in any other state.
I would *assume* the no mileage transferred to other state titles would lower an otherwise good vehicle's value.
Point being, check with your state's dmv before buying Anything from Wva, because if this holds true, the resale value is way down, and for nothing other than stupid laws.

Not sure what was done if it does have 250HP. It looks really original except exhaust. I don't think KY titles have the mileage either. I would have to check but you have the Carfax and hopefully a notarized bill of sale with it.

Some guy from Georgia bought one of my old Harley's off eBay in 2004 and they used to use a persons SS for the drivers license number. If I sell a bike here in KY I am responsible until it is registered by the new owner. Now I no longer sell to out of state buyers. Weird state laws.

"1999 suzuki Aerio for sale in Frametown on Facebook Marketplace

One owner. First Hyabusa ever sold in WV. 1 of 1500. All maintenance records and receipts since new including gas mileage records on every tank of gas ran through it. Only model registered and factory capable of 220 mph. Bought and removed from crate at Castos Cycles. Immediately after removing from crate aftermarket parts were installed. I have all factory parts removed still in new condition. Stock 225 HP now 250 HP. K&N power commander and air induction. Less than 300 miles on new track rated tires. Serious inquiries only please. Posting for my uncle. He was 45 when he bought it so it's been immaculately adult maintained its entire life. "
\

That guy is full of sh1t. Stock 225 hp now 250? it has a stock painted header on it! I do not know of any aftermarket headers that have bolt on cans? Maybe im losing my mind but lmao i do not think 250 hp is accurate at all...and only 1500 miles ? Im a running the other way :)

"1999 suzuki Aerio for sale in Frametown on Facebook Marketplace

One owner. First Hyabusa ever sold in WV. 1 of 1500. All maintenance records and receipts since new including gas mileage records on every tank of gas ran through it. Only model registered and factory capable of 220 mph. Bought and removed from crate at Castos Cycles. Immediately after removing from crate aftermarket parts were installed. I have all factory parts removed still in new condition. Stock 225 HP now 250 HP. K&N power commander and air induction. Less than 300 miles on new track rated tires. Serious inquiries only please. Posting for my uncle. He was 45 when he bought it so it's been immaculately adult maintained its entire life. "
\

That guy is full of sh1t. Stock 225 hp now 250? it has a stock painted header on it! I do not know of any aftermarket headers that have bolt on cans? Maybe im losing my mind but lmao i do not think 250 hp is accurate at all...and only 1500 miles ? Im a running the other way :)

I guess his dad bought it so I don't know if he know jack about bikes. Maybe his dad died and he is selling it.

Not sure what was done if it does have 250HP. It looks really original except exhaust. I don't think KY titles have the mileage either. I would have to check but you have the Carfax and hopefully a notarized bill of sale with it.

Some guy from Georgia bought one of my old Harley's off eBay in 2004 and they used to use a persons SS for the drivers license number. If I sell a bike here in KY I am responsible until it is registered by the new owner. Now I no longer sell to out of state buyers. Weird state laws.

Yeah, the 250hp is bs...more like 160ish

As for my Land Rover, legally it's legit, and I'm not concerned, given what it is.
But, I'm also looking to buy an f-150 that's a year or 2 old in the near future(a newer truck is priority right now over another bike, unless the bike is cheap enough). No way I'de spend that kind of money only to have Va not put the mileage on the title, simply because what state it came from.
Too much extra future depreciation, and could be a deal breaker on any future sale.
I was just putting this out there as a heads up for any out of state buyers. Especially for a 99 copper that has potential future value.

Tough day at the office !

image.jpeg

Lovin' the tank prop :)
Ha!
yeah, the genuine steel rod tank prop was missing . . .
Had to do a full 24K service on that bad-boy, 2015 model, plugs, valve clearances, a/filter, coolant, brake and clutch fluids, oil and filter, throttle body synch, the list was extensive, took 5 hours, but was done to a high standard, including a wash and wax!
What a great way to spend the day!! :thumbsup::race::p

Last edited:
Got out for a first shakedown ride as it was such a beautiful day today.

-oil levels after oil change-check.
-bike started right up-check.
-had the fuel line pop off the quick connect and spill fuel all over my driveway-check.
-fixed quick connect-check.
-have to clean the driveway now-check.:banghead:
-
burned off all the oil I unknowingly got on the pipes-check.
-didn't drop it in the gravel and sand on the corners-check.
-new helmet worked great-check.:)

Back