What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Bike getting close to being done have to figure out why its not wanting to idle when its cold but will sort that out in due time, did get it outside to day to see how the few appearance mods i did look , like everything except the gold nuts on rear sprocket, what you all think? no grips yet havent decided on which ones to get View attachment 1596241
View attachment 1596242

View attachment 1596243

View attachment 1596244
Have some real nice red ones that could work on Let those parts GO

I added some extra bits tonight, tank grips and wheel rim stripes, I'm pretty happy with the result . . .:D
I have those tank grips exactly where my knees sit, I sat on the bike and got the placement just right.
They have this gooey 3M adhesive on themm real sticky $h*t :rolleyes:
They look a bit small for the tank, but they work so that's what matters.
Anyone else use these?
I saw them online for $22 so thought I'd gie 'em a go! :thumbsup:

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

I added some extra bits tonight, tank grips and wheel rim stripes, I'm pretty happy with the result . . .:D
I have those tank grips exactly where my knees sit, I sat on the bike and got the placement just right.
Anyone else use these?

View attachment 1596249

View attachment 1596250
Give us a full bike look at the stripes will ya Kiwi , I like it already though . Was thinking about real skinny type for BST 's , you might help sway me bro !! Those pads are purfect , they will help your knock knee grip better bro !! Hahaha :):thumbsup:

Give us a full bike look at the stripes will ya Kiwi , I like it already though . Was thinking about real skinny type for BST 's , you might help sway me bro !! Those pads are purfect , they will help your knock knee grip better bro !! Hahaha :):thumbsup:
Ha! Bloody cheeky ocker! Knock knees . . . well . . maybe a little lol, at least I don't have a clubb foot lmao :moon: :poke:
Yeah, I haven't done the front wheel yet mate, got so excited about the rear wheel I had to rush inside and post up the picks lol.
I reckon some skinny rim tapes will really set the BST's off nicely, just a matter of getting the width and the colour right.
What do you think for colour?
Ya gotta get one of these lifts for your bike Toad, just soooo easy to do things like wheels and brakes and fairing removals etc etc.
I really mean it mate, you will never look back once you have one!

Bike getting close to being done have to figure out why its not wanting to idle when its cold but will sort that out in due time, did get it outside to day to see how the few appearance mods i did look , like everything except the gold nuts on rear sprocket, what you all think? no grips yet havent decided on which ones to get View attachment 1596241
View attachment 1596242

View attachment 1596243

View attachment 1596244
Holy crap that is one stunning bike!

Anyone else use these?

View attachment 1596249

View attachment 1596250
Were the wheel stripes difficult to apply? I was looking at them myself but didn't want something I'd screw up putting on......

Ha! Bloody cheeky ocker! Knock knees . . . well . . maybe a little lol, at least I don't have a clubb foot lmao :moon: :poke:
Yeah, I haven't done the front wheel yet mate, got so excited about the rear wheel I had to rush inside and post up the picks lol.
I reckon some skinny rim tapes will really set the BST's off nicely, just a matter of getting the width and the colour right.
What do you think for colour?
Ya gotta get one of these lifts for your bike Toad, just soooo easy to do things like wheels and brakes and fairing removals etc etc.
I really mean it mate, you will never look back once you have one!
Hahaha , yes that foot , it is a club patron for sure !!
I was thinking of around 7mm thickness , and thought I would try a red so as not to introduce anymore colour , or , try out an orange that matches the BST logo for middle ground on colour introduction . I am not 100 percent sure of even trying it out , could always see how it looks on my spare set I guess , and yes not too much $ outlay , so that is good .

Hahaha , yes that foot , it is a club patron for sure !!
I was thinking of around 7mm thickness , and thought I would try a red so as not to introduce anymore colour , or , try out an orange that matches the BST logo for middle ground on colour introduction . I am not 100 percent sure of even trying it out , could always see how it looks on my spare set I guess , and yes not too much $ outlay , so that is good .
If you can find the shade of red that's in your stickers in the front I think that may look good. Your bike is so subtle, almost everything is changed, but you have to really look at it to see what's been done.

I’ve had delays on every damn thing I’ve ordered for my fairing swap. The mail was running behind today, so I left to take care of some things and when I got back, there was a package at the front door and a note on my door. The company I ordered the decals from, sent them with signature required and I didn’t know :banghead:! The mailman left the custom dash panels from race ready, but took the decals back to the post office. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick them up. I did put all fairings on, but she looks naked without decals.

View attachment 1596225

View attachment 1596226

View attachment 1596227

View attachment 1596228

View attachment 1596229

View attachment 1596230

View attachment 1596231
Looking amazing Miguel! Nice blue key!!
Did you change your grips? They look like foam ones kinda interesting :beerchug:
Can’t wait to see it with the decals!

View attachment 1596242

View attachment 1596243

View attachment 1596244
Are those Ti nuts ? If so you could send them to me and I can change the color. Can’t do red though there is not really a red hue in the Ti anodization spectrum.

I’ve had delays on every damn thing I’ve ordered for my fairing swap. The mail was running behind today, so I left to take care of some things and when I got back, there was a package at the front door and a note on my door. The company I ordered the decals from, sent them with signature required and I didn’t know :banghead:! The mailman left the custom dash panels from race ready, but took the decals back to the post office. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick them up. I did put all fairings on, but she looks naked without decals.

View attachment 1596225

View attachment 1596226

View attachment 1596227

View attachment 1596228

View attachment 1596229

View attachment 1596230

View attachment 1596231
As you know I'm looking at a color change nd this is really making me think of returning to the original 09 silver! Great looking bike man, love it! A lot of us built Busas that were better Busas than stock bikes but some of you guys (ROAD, C10, you, etc.) are elevating these bikes to where they are almost a new model and have the refinement and attention to detail of a factory bike. Well done sir!

Looking amazing Miguel! Nice blue key!!
Did you change your grips? They look like foam ones kinda interesting :beerchug:
Can’t wait to see it with the decals!
Thanks Steven! I went back to stock grips with grip puppies over them, just like I did on my concours14. I’m finishing the decals right now. More to come on that........

As you know I'm looking at a color change nd this is really making me think of returning to the original 09 silver! Great looking bike man, love it! A lot of us built Busas that were better Busas than stock bikes but some of you guys (ROAD, C10, you, etc.) are elevating these bikes to where they are almost a new model and have the refinement and attention to detail of a factory bike. Well done sir!
Thanks for the kind words Willie! I personally think your busa is above mine and many others on the forum, by a long shot, so yours is in the group of top bikes on the site. I would go for a new fairing set to refresh that awesome 2009 you have. They pop up on eBay sometimes for $1k to $2k depending on condition. It would be cheaper than getting a new bike and save you from having to transfer all your mods to the new one, even though, I know you love tinkering in the garage like me. I’m still undecided on what to do with my white fairing set. Not sure if should try to sell it, trade GAmedic for his black set, or .............?!

Thanks Steven! I went back to stock grips with grip puppies over them, just like I did on my concours14. I’m finishing the decals right now. More to come on that........

You should try Pro Grip 761, gel grips.
Not squishy or rock hard, and a larger diameter in the middle, tapering smaller to each end.
I've put them on 2 bikes and 1 4wheeler, and will put them on every bike from now on.
I wear XL gloves, and find stock grips too narrow, but the grip puppies too bulky, as well as their foam not feeling secure enough on the grips, as if they want to twist.
The Pro-Grip 761 were the perfect compromise. @BigE posted years ago that he was using them, I tried them, and have been hooked ever since.
Just an fyi to guys with xl or bigger hands:beerchug:

Back