What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Installed some fairing screens. Decided to remove the T-rex sliders, so I won’t be cutting these screens to get the sliders through.

D603075D-2093-42C1-A863-CB65AAB3504D.jpeg

3453A6E1-6EA2-4592-A6D0-632CDE66A599.jpeg

Looks so damn good!! It’s like a brand new bike!
I have been torn about fairing grills for a while I like them but I just don’t know if the flow with my bike.
Those you got are super nice though.
Thanks Steven! That’s exactly how I feel right now, as if I was getting a new busa. Lol! At $35 dollars, you could try the screens and just remove and toss if you don’t like how they look.

Miguel, Question, did you special order the fairings without the decals? Or did you remove them.
Bought 2 used ones and had a local busa owner/fan and painter paint them for me. Waaayyyyy cheaper than buying two new pieces from mama suki. This Oort metallic gray paint is the most expensive color I’ve seen suzuki use on a busa. Like I stated in another post somewhere else, some pieces that I bought new, were $100 more than the same piece in any other color.

I wished I went out for a blast today . . . but ended up doing stuff around home, oh and delivered the GW250 back to my brother's place after a major service.
I cleaned and checked my chain and sprockets, found that it has stretched a bit with a tight spot that makes a clunk noise as it goes around the front sprocket teeth . . . remedy? give it a little more slack to allow for the tight spot.
Better, much better.
That chain and sprocket set has done 20,497kms since June 2017, I lube it every 500kms and clean it and lube it every 1000kms.
It's a top grade DID 530 ZVMX
1552733851543.png

I bought it online from a UK supplier, $301NZD delivered to my door, I rang a few suppliers locally and they wanted $450-$496 ! ! !
It was a no-brainer to get it from the UK.

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

I wished I went out for a blast today . . . but ended up doing stuff around home, oh and delivered the GW250 back to my brother's place after a major service.
I cleaned and checked my chain and sprockets, found that it has stretched a bit with a tight spot that makes a clunk noise as it goes around the front sprocket teeth . . . remedy? give it a little more slack to allow for the tight spot.
Better, much better.
That chain and sprocket set has done 20,497kms since June 2017, I lube it every 500kms and clean it and lube it every 1000kms.
It's a top grade DID 530 ZVMX View attachment 1595993
I bought it online from a UK supplier, $301NZD delivered to my door, I rang a few suppliers locally and they wanted $450-$496 ! ! !
It was a no-brainer to get it from the UK.

View attachment 1595994

View attachment 1595995
same chain I bought.
total cost 153 USD with shipping. it is too early to evaluate it,but it is the top of the line,
and I expect to be able to withstand many kilometers.
Suzuki GSX1300 Hayabusa DID ZVM SUPER HEAVY DUTY GOLD X-Ring Chain 530 x 112 | eBay

same chain I bought.
total cost 153 USD with shipping. it is too early to evaluate it,but it is the top of the line,
and I expect to be able to withstand many kilometers.
Suzuki GSX1300 Hayabusa DID ZVM SUPER HEAVY DUTY GOLD X-Ring Chain 530 x 112 | eBay
The price I paid included both sprockets.
I had a look at your link to eBay, that is $258NZD delivered to NZ, for the chain only.
I paid an additional $43 to get the sprockets, as a kit.
I have long distance postage and the exchange rate to deal with so I pay quite a bit more for parts than you guys in the US unfortunately

I had a look at your link to eBay, that is $258NZD delivered to NZ, for the chain only.
I have long distance postage and the exchange rate to deal with so I pay quite a bit more for parts than you guys in the US unfortunately
Would you save money by having an .org brother purchase parts and then ship
To you kiwi? Or does it come out to about the same after all is said and done?

I think you had a very good deal my friend Kiwi!

Would you save money by having an .org brother purchase parts and then ship
To you kiwi? Or does it come out to about the same after all is said and done?
I've thought about this Miguel, and the postage from the US to NZ is thru the roof!
There may be some things that would be worthwhile getting through one of the Busa family members but overall, the postage kills the idea.
I did have a win when I saw a Power Commander 3 for sale on ebay by a US (CA) guy, he wasn't wanting to ship overseas but I contacted him and explained I just really really needed it and there are none available (used) in NZ. He was asking $100 USD so he agreed to post it, it came here in 10 days and the postage was about $15 USD from memory. So it really cost me $145 NZD with the exchange rate converted.
A new PC5 was $610 NZD so I was very happy indeed.
I searched and searched within NZ and there was no PC3's for sale at all!
He was a nice guy and we had a few good conversations, he had been to NZ with the US Navy years ago, and stayed here a few months. He loved NZ and the Kiwis, so I think that's why he was happy to go to the trouble of sending it to me.
Cool huh? Great outcome! :thumbsup:

Painted inner panels from RaceReady installed :banana: Also a cheap set of black frame plugs and caps for the seat allen bolts.

View attachment 1596086View attachment 1596087
Glad to see you got them back! Mine arrive on Monday and my bike will be officially done. What’s the exact mileage on your bike? I have a white gauge cluster setup with 26k miles indicated that would complete your setup and look great on your bike........................

Glad to see you got them back! Mine arrive on Monday and my bike will be officially done. What’s the exact mileage on your bike? I have a white gauge cluster setup with 26k miles indicated that would complete your setup and look great on your bike........................

Pretty close, mine is at 25,100 miles.

Back