What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

All of you DIY are better guys than me ... I just do cosmetic work on mine.

I didn't do any of the cosmetic work this time; for the facelift. My mechanic had to take everything off to do his thing, so I just had him put on the new cosmetic parts too.

Boy, I can't wait to get home !!

Weather is cold but I want to pick it up and just look at it !

She was almost done here:
View attachment 1594103

More odds and ends were done after this.

I stare at this picture for hours everyday !!! (since I can't look at the bike in person)

Before:
View attachment 1594104
Woohoooo brake rotors on!
Damn man hellll of a face lift looking amazing! I used to only do cosmetic on mine too. It took my bike getting practically totaled (honestly if it was put through insurance I’m sure they would have) and losing it for 2 years for me to grow the balls to tear into it. I figured if anyone was going to rebuild it and bring it back it was gonna be me.

... rebuild it and bring it back ...

Totally understand !!

I feel the same way toward mine, even though I haven't seen her "new face" in person.

She's my baby ... if something happens to her ... it should be me to nurse her back to health (if possible)

Some of you DIY'ers have home "shops" !!!

Can't remember the member right now, (there is more than 200 of you hardcore DIY'ers); one picture of a member "garage" has a hydraulic lift, air compressor, drop from ceiling air lines for air tools, walls of tools, chest high drawers of tools and absolutely outstanding attention to detail.

All you guys are amazing to me !!

:bowdown:

There's a joke I tell but it's true: "All the tools at my house belong to my wife !" View attachment 1594105

Mounted rear rim,triple clamp and HeliBars
Need to put my aluminum axle nut on once I measure the adjusters to make sure wheel is centered.
Have an issue, the HeliBars and bar clamp combined hit the upper fairing on the left side. Hoping I can tweak everything and make it clear. If not HeliBars will wind up on here in classifieds.

0DAEA1BC-CD95-45FA-9DE7-409A333C535A.jpeg

DD8A7A68-990F-4FF6-B369-E9C70B47EFF5.jpeg

77B92CD2-7925-4F0F-9B99-236B73840C0D.jpeg

E90DD352-877F-4D91-80C6-377DFAA6A078.jpeg

478AE4BA-0177-4504-A45C-D646ED8AD6B7.jpeg

84F91186-85D6-4F99-81A2-C10C7F114F54.jpeg

8AD629AF-B0F2-4646-9B42-D3055A572C58.jpeg

Need to put my aluminum axle nut on once I measure the adjusters to make sure wheel is centered.
Have an issue, the HeliBars and bar clamp combined hit the upper fairing on the left side. Hoping I can tweak everything and make it clear. If not HeliBars will wind up on here in classifieds.

View attachment 1594116

View attachment 1594117

View attachment 1594118

View attachment 1594119

View attachment 1594120

View attachment 1594121

View attachment 1594122

You don't like blue do you? :lol:

View attachment 1594116

View attachment 1594117

View attachment 1594118

View attachment 1594119

View attachment 1594120

View attachment 1594121

View attachment 1594122
Is the gear indicator velcro'd up there? Haven't mounted mine yet

She's looking great man!!
The blue is completely over the top . . . but I like it!!!!!

So I've decided to only reply to you in BLUE Steven, it's just so appropriate lol!!

Is the gear indicator velcro'd up there? Haven't mounted mine yet
Double sided tape. I actually have a bracket made for additional support.
I can’t decide where the hell I want it.
I figure the flow will be okay there because I will be having my gauges done in blue with red LCD’s so the gear indicator will match.
I originally had my PC3 LCD mounted in the stem hole with the gear indicator on the side but the onlins damper will be taking that spot now.

EF4680FE-B398-4A90-A29A-62BC525ADFC2.jpeg

She's looking great man!!
The blue is completely over the top . . . but I like it!!!!!

So I've decided to only reply to you in BLUE Steven, it's just so appropriate lol!!
Lol yea I tried to add as much blue but still be subtle and tasteful.
That is why the chain is black as will be all the brake lines.
The silver was added to the rims to subdue the blue a tad.
My stem bolt will be black.
I have a GSXR 1k front fender in carbon coming soon so that will ditch a bit of the blue that the fender adds up front.
The engine covers are less apparent when the bike has its side fairings on. A lot of people who see the bike at the shop don’t even realize it is missing side fairings so I guess that is good on my part it means the bike looks good naked so wait till it’s fully dressed!!

@jeffgordons24 gear indicator had me curious, again; about putting one on my Gen I.

Was reading this old thread about derestricting to get a better idea of what I would like.

For me, I want a gear indicator that shows "n" for neutral (not "0") AND 6th gear.

Any suggestions ?
There is a company in the UK, Geartronics. If memory serves me correctly their GPI4 model uses the N for neutral. Let me see if I can dig up some info for you.

Also there is a member here that developed a fantastic interface into the factory gauges using the tach “1-6” numbers to indicate gear position. Amazingly refined and stealthy.

The original posting on here

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/how-i-added-a-gpi-behind-the-tech.186122/

http://www.modmygauges.com/gear-indicator.html

Try loosen the left MC clamp & angel downward. Leave loose while checking for clearance.
Thank you Nastee, believe it or not it’s my left side control that’s is hitting. I think my right side may hit when the dash panels are on fully but I am not certain of that yet.
It’s looking more and more like I may need to go with stop clip on’s. The triple clamp I am happy with and I need to keep in order to lower the front the inch that I want.
I don’t know the whole thing just kind of sucks, I knew the new triple clamp had the bar positions re-indexed but I just assumed that I could still accommodate the HeliBars.
I still haven’t even gotten down to remounting the GPS and the PC3 LCD screen so who knows where I will be with those as well. It’s always something...just when I start to see the light, it comes back apart lol.
I could always widen the key way on the HeliBars and try to spin them downward so rather than having so much of a rise it would be more of a pullback. Then I run the risk of clearance issues with the ohlins damper.

Thank you Nastee, believe it or not it’s my left side control that’s is hitting. I think my right side may hit when the dash panels are on fully but I am not certain of that yet.
It’s looking more and more like I may need to go with stop clip on’s. The triple clamp I am happy with and I need to keep in order to lower the front the inch that I want.
I don’t know the whole thing just kind of sucks, I knew the new triple clamp had the bar positions re-indexed but I just assumed that I could still accommodate the HeliBars.
I still haven’t even gotten down to remounting the GPS and the PC3 LCD screen so who knows where I will be with those as well. It’s always something...just when I start to see the light, it comes back apart lol.
I could always widen the key way on the HeliBars and try to spin them downward so rather than having so much of a rise it would be more of a pullback. Then I run the risk of clearance issues with the ohlins damper.
Don't give up to quickly may have to play with it. I don't know how that particular brand is compared to others mine didn't require much tilt & may be slid up or down handle bar some as well to get what u need.

20180930_160944.jpg

20180930_161000.jpg

Back