What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Last night I got my first experience of the Busa making me poop my pants....my wife had the car and I needed a few groceries. The roads we wet so I took it nice and easy and put it on C mode.... On the way home I forgot to put it on C mode and got nice and sideways making a turn from a stop sign... I save it but it was enough to get the adrenaline pumping....

Exactly why the mode switch is useless, and dangerous.
A mode, all the time=no suprises.
Let all the control be in your right wrist.
You will be better off in the long run...and a better rider.

Last night I got my first experience of the Busa making me poop my pants....my wife had the car and I needed a few groceries. The roads we wet so I took it nice and easy and put it on C mode.... On the way home I forgot to put it on C mode and got nice and sideways making a turn from a stop sign... I save it but it was enough to get the adrenaline pumping....
I don’t remember ever messing with that button to switch modes. As soon as I read on this forum about the thing defaulting to A mode at every shutdown/restart, I lost interested to ever try it.

My new Z has similar modes but always starts on the lightest mode for TC but, it can be turned off.:D

Yea, my Q60 starts off normally, and goes all the way up to sport+

That being said, can anyone chime in on these for a 2018 Hayabusa? Or should I look for other options.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/asv-c5-sport-racing-clutch-lever-and-perch

Nvm, I see that its a racing one without kill switch. On the hunt for some ASV that'll work with the ABS gen 2s.

Last edited:
That one in particular won't work on the Busa, but, They do make ASV levers for them, and they are the best levers money can buy.

Yeah, I'm looking for some ASV levers. My bike is on stands and all the fairings are off right now just waiting on my wrap design to come in. I figured now would probably be the best time to do braided lines/replace levers + add cox guard.

Yeah, I'm looking for some ASV levers. My bike is on stands and all the fairings are off right now just waiting on my wrap design to come in. I figured now would probably be the best time to do braided lines/replace levers + add cox guard.

Put some EBC HH"Extreme Pro" ceramic embedded pads(different from standard HH pads) on the front while you're at it(Veshra makes an equivalent pad too).
You WILL stop shorter with them.
ASV levers are awesome too.

20181004_102620.jpg

These are the part numbers for Gen 2 ASV levers. Numbers may differ based on color options. Mine are short and black with red dials.

Yea, my Q60 starts off normally, and goes all the way up to sport+

That being said, can anyone chime in on these for a 2018 Hayabusa? Or should I look for other options.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/asv-c5-sport-racing-clutch-lever-and-perch

Nvm, I see that its a racing one without kill switch. On the hunt for some ASV that'll work with the ABS gen 2s.
@GAmedic has posted the specific part numbers on another thread for ASV levers. Shouldn’t matter if it’s abs or not.

Put some EBC HH"Extreme Pro" ceramic embedded pads(different from standard HH pads) on the front while you're at it(Veshra makes an equivalent pad too).

Do you know where I can get these? Can't find them online.

Here's my current list of stuff I want to get:
Cox racing guards
ASV levers
Braided lines ( not sure of brand)
Brake pads (since you mentioned it)

I'll probably ask c10 for the trunk mod + power box mod/cruise control prices come around spring.

Do you know where I can get these? Can't find them online.

Here's my current list of stuff I want to get:
Cox racing guards
ASV levers
Braided lines ( not sure of brand)
Brake pads (since you mentioned it)

I'll probably ask c10 for the trunk mod + power box mod/cruise control prices come around spring.

Pashnit has them

But, for street riding wouldn’t the drawback to these pads be the possibility that they might be tad grabby unless they’re warm? Track use is quite different from street use as (Extreme Pro denotes) as the brakes are exercised (heated up) over and over frequently, unlike normal street riding. I’d prefer not having any surprises when I hit the brakes and the standard HH pads work very very well. I know of an experiment where a small police department tried those type of pads on four of their cars and they did stop shorter but only when they had recently been used. When they were cold they grabbed to the point of locking up.

But, for street riding wouldn’t the drawback to these pads be the possibility that they might be tad grabby unless they’re warm? Track use is quite different from street use as the brakes are exercised (heated up) over and over frequently, unlike normal street riding. I’d prefer not having any surprises when I hit the brakes and the standard HH pads work very very well. I know of an experiment where a small police department tried those type of pads on four of their cars and they did stop shorter but only when they had recently been used. When they were cold they grabbed to the point of locking up.

Nope, not these.
They work great at any temperature, as they are Not "race" pads.
Race pads Must be kept warm to work correctly, no problem on a track, but hard to keep warm on the street.

Back