What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I know that you know it’s best to lube a warm chain vs a cold one but have you tried a chain wax? I’ve used Maxima chain wax for years and it seems the best lube to stay on the chain and not the wheel.

I'll try it next time. Gotta do an oil change this weekend sometime and will do it then. I'm getting ready to do a new chain and sprocket setup soon.

I'm at around 900 miles on my k18, I guess I should start lubing it every 200 miles or so after my initial cleaning right?

I'm at around 900 miles on my k18, I guess I should start lubing it every 200 miles or so after my initial cleaning right?

I lube mine every 500 miles or so, more often if ridden in dusty or wet conditions. On tour, at the motel at day’s end. Then it’s ready for travel the next morning. The lube keeps the O rings pliable and the rollers flexible.

I lube mine every 500 miles or so, more often if ridden in dusty or wet conditions. On tour, at the motel at day’s end. Then it’s ready for travel the next morning. The lube keeps the O rings pliable and the rollers flexible.

I'm right about once a week or so. I do a deep clean on it once a month. In between deep cleans, I just spray a little on the chain when I start to hear it.

Yoshimura fender delete
Added some fresh pit bull spools
Started putting the bike together so I can go get wiring work done tomorrow

AD1E70A9-E124-4DA6-8099-CC653F474482.jpeg

Wiped off some dust, and moved it to the other side of the garage. Tomorrow I will pack most of our house in a 26ft moving truck and try to pack the bike in as well. This should be fun

Reactions: c10
Saw a break in the weather and some sun so I took the bike to top up the tank in case I have to store it for the winter and to run some Stabilizer through it. The gas station is about 2 miles away and I rode home in wet snow....

Looking out the window right now, I see a mixture of sun and wet snow....

We normally don't get snow around here until Nov and sometimes not until Dec...this better had not be the sign of things to come....

Back