What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Maybe the education was for me to get better prepared when twisting the wrist...

I hate those fart canned cars with a passion to begin with...

I'm in the process of slowly building a "fart can rice burner" Civic. Though mine will be in the 400hp ballpark and decently quiet.

Just back from a ride out on the country back roads it was really nice out there taking my time and enjoying the day until a couple young fellows in a Honda "tuner" came up on my back really fast and tailgated me, I could see them gesturing in my mirrors-one even gave me the bird.

I decided I had enough, waved, dropped two gears and pinned the "go fast handle" something I have never done before...the bike took off like nothing I have experienced before and I never saw that car again....I think I pulled something in my elbow trying to hang on.

If they only knew what kind of bike they were dealing with, they'd probably have backed off and acted like human beings. Hopefully they didn't think the car they were in was fast-now they have been educated in that regard.
These young high school kids will try to race you even on their mom’s Honda Odyssey. I had a group of them come out of the school parking lot on a 90s explorer and try to race me.

I'm in the process of slowly building a "fart can rice burner" Civic. Though mine will be in the 400hp ballpark and decently quiet.
If yours won't be a noisy fart can it will be in a different league than these noisy, rattily, pieces of crap running around annoying everyone they come in contact with.

My younger son had a Honda Civic with some sort of turbo'd Acura motor in it and he had duel fart cans on it....there were many a day where I pictured myself putting a pick axe into the hood...he sold it a few years ago thank goodness...

Last edited:
24 degrees Celsius today , beautiful day so went for a blast on the L2 .
IMG_20180910_114217.jpg

IMG_20180910_114250.jpg

24 degrees Celsius today , beautiful day so went for a blast on the L2 .View attachment 1585073

View attachment 1585071

24degC . . . stone the bleedin' crows mate, 6deg C here until midday, then warmed up to 10 deg at 3pm, got home at 5pm and lit the fire in the log burner :rolleyes:
How do you keep the bugs off it?? Mine gets covered in the bloody things!
Just curious, do you ever start it in the house and ride it out to the driveway? :race:

I have to sit on the bike and roll her out and same to get her back in , I got a permanent ramp . I used to have to fit mirrors before I rode , but have modded the mirrors and don't need to now . The bike is usually very light fuel wise when I return home , so light to enter and exit house . This bike feels like a 1000cc to move around , to me anyway .
No bro , don't start her in house , carport right there so not far to start , and to work on when most fluids need changing .
I use Meguiars Gold wax , which is fantastic to protect the paint and allows removal with damp micro fibre cloth or with more wax . Got to be careful not to use too much and not to get it in tight gaps in bodywork . Today it got fairly bug splatted on all front areas of top fairing and screen and guard and also my lid's visor . As soon as I get home , I clean the lid and then the bike , with the wheels done when I get her inside . Give it a go Kiwi , cost a bit though but worth it I reckon .
Sunday was a good weather day , about 20 C , but a little more windy , and more cops I bet . Today was perfect , I am constantly amazed at how well this bike handles now , and feel my Busa rewards me every ride with something special .

Last edited:
Just back from a ride out on the country back roads it was really nice out there taking my time and enjoying the day until a couple young fellows in a Honda "tuner" came up on my back really fast and tailgated me, I could see them gesturing in my mirrors-one even gave me the bird.

I decided I had enough, waved, dropped two gears and pinned the "go fast handle" something I have never done before...the bike took off like nothing I have experienced before and I never saw that car again....I think I pulled something in my elbow trying to hang on.

If they only knew what kind of bike they were dealing with, they'd probably have backed off and acted like human beings. Hopefully they didn't think the car they were in was fast-now they have been educated in that regard.
Sounds like immature kids! Your elbow gonna be alright?

Back