What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Fitted up some fasteners today , some metric aluminum self tappers , and used some aluminum threaded sleeves combined with washer and ti bolts to replace some large steel shafted / reduced thread bolts . I have replaced non load fasteners with aluminum and have also used carbon fiber washers for detailing areas . It's been raining on and off with strong winds and generally threatening crap weather all week . I am starting to get cabin fever ... need to get out and ride !!
Here are a small sample of some of the fasteners left over etc.
DSCF1814.JPG

Fitted up some fasteners today , some metric aluminum self tappers , and used some aluminum threaded sleeves combined with washer and ti bolts to replace some large steel shafted / reduced thread bolts . I have replaced non load fasteners with aluminum and have also used carbon fiber washers for detailing areas . It's been raining on and off with strong winds and generally threatening crap weather all week . I am starting to get cabin fever ... need to get out and ride !!
Here are a small sample of some of the fasteners left over etc. View attachment 1584375
Hi
Here are a small sample of some of the fasteners left over etc. View attachment 1584375
Hi ROADTOAD1340. Who has the carbon fiber washers? You can drill holes down the sides of the spacers to save even more weight! I have done it to all of mine.

I put the buel pegs on. I had to file them down some and the diameter of the hole is bigger. Oh well they seem to work fine. I will keep my old ones on hand.
View attachment 1584380

That’s what I have on my 06 but w/o the feelers. The edge of my boots are my feelers. It took quite a few miles of off/on the pegs to get rid of my foot ‘memory’ but now it’s much nicer to my ol crash knee especially in the cold.

u need a girlfriend

Why would you want new paint on her.? Here I am wishing my bike was black and you are talking about changing to something else.

I'll happily trade you for the white fairings.

I'm doing a fresh coat of black for a new theme I'm doing with it.

Hi

Hi ROADTOAD1340. Who has the carbon fiber washers? You can drill holes down the sides of the spacers to save even more weight! I have done it to all of mine.
Hi Mike , the carbon washers are from a German ebay store https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unterle...silber-/282310311769?var=&hash=item875e273b3d
They have 5 / 6 / 8mm in colors left , not plain at moment , last look .
Mike you would of noticed the ti spacers next to the aluminum in pic , I had been using them , but swapped them out for lighter aluminum . As Mike ( Pro bolt official seller ) will be able to confirm , all the pictured pieces and more available from Pro bolt .

I hooked up my GoPro battery charger and USB input under the rear hump, and changed the oil and filter.
Here's the charger, I'll never run out of batteries for the GoPro again!
View attachment 1584339

RH side fairing removed, oil changed and filter replaced.
View attachment 1584340

That's my vintage 1987 Suzuki Swift in the background, 3 cyl 993cc 52hp 56ftlb 775kg NA carbureted , I call it the Rocket for obvious reasons.
I figure that when Nuclear war breaks out and the EMP takes out all computer controlled cars, I will be able to fire her up and head down to the store for milk and bread as per normal. . . cool huh?
View attachment 1584341
hahaha-ha... Indeed you will! LOL :thumbsup: Great Busa too!

That’s what I have on my 06 but w/o the feelers. The edge of my boots are my feelers. It took quite a few miles of off/on the pegs to get rid of my foot ‘memory’ but now it’s much nicer to my ol crash knee especially in the cold.

I'll have to see if I scrape the feelers too easy, if so I will take them off or wear them down. I have not taken a ride on it yet (rain)

Back