What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I still have one red Maple Leaf left, might put it on my car. The new bike seems to clean to put it on. I still have to remove all the factory stickers first :laugh:
How 'bout these...
View attachment 1622036

hey Dave,Amazon has 'em. Punisher I ordered 2 of 'em. One went on my Acura,the other given away. Different sizes available. Might not work on the side,but might cool cool on the tail.maybe on the hump. I would have done it but didn't want to lose my "Bragging rights" sticker.
Rubb.
View attachment 1622041

View attachment 1622044

View attachment 1622043

I did not do anything to my bike today however, I did receive the fork stem mount (from a UK company). I ordered it from Amazon on April 26th and received it on June 29th. Amazon had long since sent messages that the package was lost, that it "may still arrive" and that I can request a refund. Nothing like ambiguity to make life interesting. I just presumed that all items arriving by port would move slower due to COVID and maintained patience. No problem, it was still in the pipeline.

Thanks for this recommendation:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/fork-stem-mount-in-mm-for-a-mobile-phone.198633/post-3331946

Note that as the fork stem attachment is screwed down the two parts of the cylinder slip past each other smoothly and easily, exerting outward pressure to hold it secure. How cool is that?

This cell phone holder will actually be the first bike upgrade I have performed myself. So for clarity, I need to remove all of the fairing first, slip this in, then put it back together?

fork stem cell phone holder.jpg

I did not do anything to my bike today however, I did receive the fork stem mount (from a UK company). I ordered it from Amazon on April 26th and received it on June 29th. Amazon had long since sent messages that the package was lost, that it "may still arrive" and that I can request a refund. Nothing like ambiguity to make life interesting. I just presumed that all items arriving by port would move slower due to COVID and maintained patience. No problem, it was still in the pipeline.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/fork-stem-mount-in-mm-for-a-mobile-phone.198633/post-3331946

Note that as the fork stem attachment is screwed down the two parts of the cylinder slip past each other smoothly and easily, exerting outward pressure to hold it secure. How cool is that?

This cell phone holder will actually be the first bike upgrade I have performed myself. So for clarity, I need to remove all of the fairing first, slip this in, then put it back together?

View attachment 1622079
So a long time ago I was told by a MSF instructor that your phone should be on your body in case you get separated from the bike. I actually had it happen to me too. Bike slid across the road and into a ditch and I was probably 25 yards away from it. Luckily I was not too bad off but my Bandit was totaled. Now I ride with the phone in my chest pocked zipped up.

So a long time ago I was told by a MSF instructor that your phone should be on your body in case you get separated from the bike. I actually had it happen to me too. Bike slid across the road and into a ditch and I was probably 25 yards away from it. Luckily I was not too bad off but my Bandit was totaled. Now I ride with the phone in my chest pocked zipped up.
Good point.

View attachment 1622079
Good score. Looks solid. :thumbsup:
Re: Amazon. I hope they put Epay outa business. Ever try and return anything on there?
They want pictures
blood/urine/stool samples,your info from Ancestory.Com,a criminal records background check....
Pictures...why do they need a picture of the fuggin' thing they just sent ME? I truely believe they try to get folks to just give up on a return and just eat the loss. With Amazon you get an' email generated by them and 3 mouse clics later yer wallet is thick again. Then yer shi7 shows up and they don't care if you keep it and the refund.
PeeBay...make some policy changes or die.

Rubb.

I told my students the same thing when I was instructing...Mine goes in my ballistic pant pocket.

Only issue I have with that is my Sena acts up when I look over my left shoulder. Sena is on left side of helmet, phone is in right front pocket.

So a long time ago I was told by a MSF instructor that your phone should be on your body in case you get separated from the bike.

I am interested in realtime mapping, compass, possibly radar, filming the ride, speedometer, and likely applications that I have not even heard of yet, all of which require the phone to not be in my pocket.

Granted that I will have a phone with me, just not as you recommend in my jacket: Fifteen to twenty years ago when cell phones were already ubiquitous I made the decision to stop being concerned with having one explicitly for emergency purposes as there is always someone near with one. I do not understand nor operate in the mode of preparing for the worst-case scenario for everything. I know I am in the minority in this country. I would love a refund for much of the safety equipment in my car. Recently a relative told the doctor to shove it after finding out that a very serious daily life discomfort was to protect for a 1% scenario. I do not understand this aspect of this civilization. There is "prepared" and "cautious" and "careful" and there is "preparing to win the worst lottery ever." No thanks, I opt out.

Last edited:
I am interested in realtime mapping, compass, possibly radar, filming the ride, speedometer, and likely applications that I have not even heard of yet, all of which require the phone to not be in my pocket.

Granted that I will have a phone with me, just not as you recommend in my jacket: Fifteen to twenty years ago when cell phones were already ubiquitous I made the decision to stop being concerned with having one explicitly for emergency purposes as there is always someone near with one. I do not understand nor operate in the mode of preparing for the worst-case scenario for everything. I know I am in the minority in this country. I would love a refund for much of the safety equipment in my car. Recently a relative told the doctor to shove it after finding out that a very serious daily life discomfort was to protect for a 1% scenario. I do not understand this aspect of this civilization. There is "prepared" and "cautious" and "careful" and there is "preparing to win the worst lottery ever." No thanks, I opt out.
I guess the worst case scenario would be if you lost control and went off the road out of site of traffic and your bike was too far away. If you were not in shape to crawl back to the road you may be able to use your phone if it was on you. Maybe an unlikely case.

I guess the worst case scenario would be if you lost control and went off the road out of site of traffic and your bike was too far away. If you were not in shape to crawl back to the road you may be able to use your phone if it was on you. Maybe an unlikely case.

Then we must break it down further. Unconscious? Not making a call. Extreme pain/injury, hands and arms are badly hurting - That means unable to reach into the jacket for the phone. So I have to go off a cliff far from the bike, so hurt that I cannot get back to the bike but easily able to reach into the jacket, lift the helmet to speak, and no humans drive by and notice the scene.

Let me say that I have been thinking about buying the Poor Man's Tax of a Lottery Ticket lately. This conversation has sealed it, I am going to get a lottery ticket this week :laugh:

You're whats called a darwin genius, lol! You lose nothing with the phone in your pocket if you have the right setup. Why take any risk to gain nothing?

Then we must break it down further. Unconscious? Not making a call. Extreme pain/injury, hands and arms are badly hurting - That means unable to reach into the jacket for the phone. So I have to go off a cliff far from the bike, so hurt that I cannot get back to the bike but easily able to reach into the jacket, lift the helmet to speak, and no humans drive by and notice the scene.

Let me say that I have been thinking about buying the Poor Man's Tax of a Lottery Ticket lately. This conversation has sealed it, I am going to get a lottery ticket this week :laugh:
I guess I can't preach to you too much since I don't wear much protective clothing in the hot weather.

I guess I can't preach to you too much since I don't wear much protective clothing in the hot weather.

@08BusaKY yes I wear all the gear. Been there at 95°F with a heat index of 106°F. It is totally a mental thing and I made the decision to accept the heat as part of the hobby. Mediocre skills aside I am a very careful driver and rider. So yes, very few in this society could preach to me about safety.

Someone steals your bike while your in the john. The bike does cartwheels and slings the phone into never never land, so youre stranded. Lots of good reasons to keep it on your body. But you do you brother.

You ever looked at Rever? I use a gps (garmin) in conjunction with that to record routes.

Same as all things, you don't need it until you do...

I have an "el cheapo" flip phone and it's all I need...it's small and easy to use. If something happens (bike breaks down, etc) I am able to contact someone to assist and not rely on the clemency of others.

I took her out for the first time in like 2 1/2 weeks. Started right up, no hesitation. I was absolutely thrilled about that. Its funny how owning an unreliable bike, can make you fear the worst when you get a good quality bike. It felt so good to get out today, plus it was the first time I got to take her out with my recently installed grab bar.

She was looking spiffy!

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG

I took her out for the first time in like 2 1/2 weeks. Started right up, no hesitation. I was absolutely thrilled about that. Its funny how owning an unreliable bike, can make you fear the worst when you get a good quality bike. It felt so good to get out today, plus it was the first time I got to take her out with my recently installed grab bar.

She was looking spiffy!

View attachment 1622198

View attachment 1622197
Can we get a couple pics out in the sun and how about those reflectors?

She was looking spiffy!

View attachment 1622198

View attachment 1622197

Think about using your disc lock on the rear disc (and) running a cord up to a Frankenstein bolt or somewhere you can see it before flight.

Back