What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Today I popped the chain, pulled the rear wheel, swapped out the old sprocket for a supersprox sprocket. Only went up 1.
got the old rear spring off the shock and installed a heavier 16.1kg Hyperco spring.
my buddy that said “no man don’t order that dumb ass tool for the swing arm removal I already have one that Igot for my bike” bright the tool over and when o pointed out it didn’t fit the damn nut he said “ohhhh yeaaaa THATS right i got mine off and on with a screwdriver and a hammer”.......
So tomorrow I’ll go find that tool at a local shop hopefully. Wish I hadn’t tossed my old headers now. I could have used those to fashion one of those tools I think.

B8EC4890-3E3C-4597-A9E8-A48485B2731A.jpeg

442F94FA-36B0-4B23-80E4-6E3BF21DC7FE.jpeg

E864D5B2-AE21-4178-BF34-C323EFACE2A0.jpeg

Just some levers to add to my Goth theme.
I like 'em,take a bit to get used to the feel.Same throw,just different under the fingers.
First thing I noticed is that it felt uncomfortable to do 1 fingered clutch and braking because of the pistol grip/combat knife feel of the levers.
A bad habit I've had for years.So that's a good thing.The engraved Pazzo shorty levers will go in the spare parts bin instead of being given away for free on here like I usually do. "No levers for you.Come back,one year." (soup notzie):laugh:
You have to eat your before's before you get dessert.
Rubb.

Just some levers to add to my Goth theme.
I like 'em,take a bit to get used to the feel.Same throw,just different under the fingers.
First thing I noticed is that it felt uncomfortable to do 1 fingered clutch and braking because of the pistol grip/combat knife feel of the levers.
A bad habit I've had for years.So that's a good thing.The engraved Pazzo shorty levers will go in the spare parts bin instead of being given away for free on here like I usually do. "No levers for you.Come back,one year." (soup notzie):laugh:
You have to eat your before's before you get dessert.
Rubb.
View attachment 1621830

View attachment 1621826

View attachment 1621828

View attachment 1621827

View attachment 1621829
Dibs on your Pazzo’s 1 yr from now. Setting the date in my calendar.

Scored a near new brembo m/c for an awesome price. Been waiting forever as it came from the UK. Fitted it up today, plus a rear brake lever/pedal thingy..

Be interesting to see the diff between the R1 Brembo and this one..
Monday off to get the forks rebuilt & upgraded and while there head bearings.

View attachment 1621847

View attachment 1621848

View attachment 1621849

View attachment 1621850
Very tasty setup ta goin there mate, I like your reservoir bracket . . . Haven't seen one like that before.
Forks and head set bearings next huh?
Show us some pics of the old shells nice and close up wllya please?

Scored a near new brembo m/c for an awesome price. Been waiting forever as it came from the UK. Fitted it up today, plus a rear brake lever/pedal thingy..

View attachment 1621847

View attachment 1621848

View attachment 1621849

View attachment 1621850

What are you using for the clutch MC...I know it's Brembo but is it off a particular application or specific for the Hayabusa?

You replaced the Yamaha R1 Brembo with this one? Hopefully you feel a difference.

What are you using for the clutch MC...I know it's Brembo but is it off a particular application or specific for the Hayabusa?

You replaced the Yamaha R1 Brembo with this one? Hopefully you feel a difference.

The clutch is a Brembo rcs16. I managed to talk Dai into selling it to me a few months ago. It was one of those right time, right place things.
Yes, I've had the Yam R1 Brembo for close to a year. I wasn't looking to replace, but this one was too good to pass up..

Very tasty setup ta goin there mate, I like your reservoir bracket . . . Haven't seen one like that before.
Forks and head set bearings next huh?
Show us some pics of the old shells nice and close up wllya please?

I'm at 1/4 turn from max preload on the forks, & winding compression up to help, so decided it was time. Plus 35k on a 2013 so probably time for new oil. Their doing ohlins springs and new valves. And while it's in bits, perfect time for head bearings I guess.. I bought the kit last winter, but never got around to doing them. (Did every other bearing tho).

Oh and I bought one of them vacuum bleeder wizard things.. omg, why didn't I buy one years ago..

View attachment 1621847

View attachment 1621848

View attachment 1621849

View attachment 1621850
Im with kiwi I've seen a lot of master cylinders on here but never seen a reservoir mount like that. Is that the same setup you were using for the r1 mc?

After seeing Otta's maintenance and upgrades , makes mine look miniscule lol.

Here's what I did today . .
Checked my charging system output at the stator and the voltage regulator, all appears pretty good for a 20 year old bike!
Fitted a near new rear rotor, fitted a straight used RH footpeg bracket, and a new tyres front and rear.
Also fitted a helicoil to a stripped thread in the rear alloy subframe, the grab rail mounting threads were all in poor condition so cleaned 3 of them up with a tap and helicoiled the worst one.
Next project is to fit a small 5 fuse block next to the tool kit under the hump, to tidy up all the separate accessory wiring going to the battery terminals, all individually fused but very messy.

104753D4-7ADD-4AF7-A865-27FC7BA8E699.jpeg

D9360D99-0C4B-4861-BEDA-2F46AA083EF7.jpeg

9A72D336-9237-455F-A67B-64A28B40EC39.jpeg

Last edited:
Im with kiwi I've seen a lot of master cylinders on here but never seen a reservoir mount like that. Is that the same setup you were using for the r1 mc?

Same setup, yes. But slightly in a different position due to the input and bleeder nipple. The reservoir is the same tho, I had a new spare so I used that. The one that was with the R1 is still attached, just without a mount.. I think I may have a spare mount kicking around too

Back