What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Ready for the season!!!!! Both bikes fully serviced and ready to roll out. Finished oil changes and air filter cleanings etc this evening.

0404202340_HDR.jpg

What is a WOF??
It’s a safety check ( Warrant of Fitness) performed by a Government authorised inspector, a qualified automotive technician at a garage or testing station. I have that Authority and issue WoF’s on motorcycles and cars.
As an inspector I’m not allowed to issue a wof on my own vehicles, it’s classed as a conflict of interest.
I have to get one of my co workers that’s authorised to issue the wof on my bike.
The check takes around 30 minutes, we charge $55.00.
No WoF, no vehicle license and no insurance

Not in CA. Just a smog certification every two years on everything (but) motorcycles. How do you ‘certify’ a vehicle’s safety?
There is a checksheet with multiple items to check (tires,lights, brakes, suspension etc etc) with a pass or a fail check box to tick off.
each item is looked at and if the item is working correctly and in good condition, it's a 'pass', if it needs attention it's a fail.
All failed items must be rectified and the vehicle brought back to the workshop for a 'recheck' on that failed item.
If it's been fixed properly it gets a pass and the Warrant of Fitness is issued, it gets entered into the Govt website 'In Service Certification' as passed, and a label is printed out and fixed to the vehicle in a prominent position, cars...on the windshield, bikes anywhere you can readily see it displayed.
If it has not been fixed up to a good standard, it is failed again, and goes thru the process all over again.
That's how the vehicle's safety is 'certified'.
Simple huh?

There is a checksheet with multiple items to check (tires,lights, brakes, suspension etc etc) with a pass or a fail check box to tick off.
each item is looked at and if the item is working correctly and in good condition, it's a 'pass', if it needs attention it's a fail.
All failed items must be rectified and the vehicle brought back to the workshop for a 'recheck' on that failed item.
If it's been fixed properly it gets a pass and the Warrant of Fitness is issued, it gets entered into the Govt website 'In Service Certification' as passed, and a label is printed out and fixed to the vehicle in a prominent position, cars...on the windshield, bikes anywhere you can readily see it displayed.
If it has not been fixed up to a good standard, it is failed again, and goes thru the process all over again.
That's how the vehicle's safety is 'certified'.
Simple huh?

It’s a safety check ( Warrant of Fitness) performed by a Government authorised inspector, a qualified automotive technician at a garage or testing station. I have that Authority and issue WoF’s on motorcycles and cars.
As an inspector I’m not allowed to issue a wof on my own vehicles, it’s classed as a conflict of interest.
I have to get one of my co workers that’s authorised to issue the wof on my bike.
The check takes around 30 minutes, we charge $55.00.
No WoF, no vehicle license and no insurance
Here in Ontario Cda, we only have to get our vehicles safety checked when we buy them, in some other provinces you have to get them checked either yearly or every 2 yrs.

@WuzzaCBXRider , don’t you guys have a mandatory safety check on your vehicles to certify them as safe to use on the roads?

After watching some of the car building shows from over there, I'm guessing not. They all seem to cut, stretch, weld, and shove the biggest engine in possible, and then it's on the road.. it amazes me everytime

Reactions: kml
After watching some of the car building shows from over there, I'm guessing not. They all seem to cut, stretch, weld, and shove the biggest engine in possible, and then it's on the road.. it amazes me everytime
Here in Detroit if you were to see some of the cars driving around it'd blow your mind. It's completely regular to see a car that's been t- boned with plastic covering the broken windows and riding down the road. If they will drive we ride em around here.

Back