What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Shaved a lb of weight by changing the stock 40t rear sprocket to the 42t vortex I had laying around.

C28B90A9-5E0D-4969-BE4F-1FF21805E72A.jpeg

1DEB84D7-C9FC-44B7-8A33-EADD9A72A4BF.jpeg

8EBAE5CB-90CA-4309-927C-0A6E67354937.jpeg

AE4815EA-F6F5-44BF-A0F0-60473B358555.jpeg

Also trying to figure out why my brake hose is sweating. Going to change that this weekend

9F1DB9AD-486D-4790-95C4-19E21859821A.jpeg

Last edited:
How much higher is the foot peg position over stock ? Thanks
Going by the lsl website they are 2.5cm further back and 2cm higher. Sitting on the bike I noticed straight away they are further back but I didn't really notice the height as much. It's still a comfortable position and not cramped at all

Ordered mine though a German based company on eBay. Motokay was the name of the seller, he was offering the best price on them at the time!
Did you get your carbon airbox on yet?
I got mine through Jason @ JW Moto.

Unfortunately no real ETA when the air box will be fitted, was hoping this week but an unexpected surgery has put it on hold for a few weeks at least.

I've seen and particpated in this type of thread on other forums so just thought I'd give it a try here.

If you guys don't like the idea then feel free to ask the mods to delete it...But it gives you a chance to show off you daily work that sometimes goes unappreciated and may motivate others.

As for me, I replaced the chain and sprockets (+3 on rear) and adjusted the speedohealer accordingly on my busa. It was the first time I replaced a chain myself (usually have the shop do it) and frankly I was surprised how easy it was to break the old chain and rivet the new master link. The entire job took less than two hours. :bigsmile:
Hey I’ve been shopping for a chain breaker tool. What brand do you use?

I got mine through Jason @ JW Moto.

Unfortunately no real ETA when the air box will be fitted, was hoping this week but an unexpected surgery has put it on hold for a few weeks at least.
Hope your well buddy, and a speedy recovery! Looking forward to seeing your next update :super:

In the process of installing an aftermarket coil and CKP sensor after diagnosing a fault in that area (causing poor low RPM running and surging on cruise). Will update if this does actually solve the issue.

Put on my new PR5s and black SuperSprox sprocket with gold Ti nuts, did a little spring cleaning when I had the wheels and front fender off...as well as changed out my rear pads (the old ones were done like dinner).

Changing out these wheels were easy-peasy..only took me a half hr to reinstall front and back

Been asked for pictures.....

Will get some pictures of the new sprocket when it's decent outside...

As for the tires, who hasn't seen a picture of a Hayabusa with PR5s on it....

All I can say now is...…….COME ON SPRING...…!!!!!!!!

Back