What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Cut the cross member on the frame and buffed it down.
Also removed a whole pile of stuff off the frame. I think I have a but of work ahead of me...

20191012_152841.jpg

20191012_174053.jpg

Please explain? Short neck and rake?
Essentially, short necking the frame allows you to drop the front end event further rather than just sliding the forks up the tubes. Done to get the front end down to extreme low height for drag racing. See the pic attached how a portion of the frame is cut out.
As for rake or offset, we offset or bring the tire in towards the engine, so we can put the rear tire out further. Puts that much more weight over the front tire. Again, for drag racing.
Hope that answers it for ya.

mmf-043b.jpg

all-about-geometry-3.jpg

Essentially, short necking the frame allows you to drop the front end event further rather than just sliding the forks up the tubes. Done to get the front end down to extreme low height for drag racing. See the pic attached how a portion of the frame is cut out.
As for rake or offset, we offset or bring the tire in towards the engine, so we can put the rear tire out further. Puts that much more weight over the front tire. Again, for drag racing.
Hope that answers it for ya.

View attachment 1606265

View attachment 1606266
Thank you sir. I guessed the rake part but you made it totally clear for me. Very cool!

I am not going to short neck it. But I am putting an offset to it.
Hi. What will the off set be? 5 degrees? I just saw a vid of 2.2 liter making 2200 HP at 110 lbs of boost. What is the max on the Busa? 42 to 44 on race gas maybe 58 on methanol. We.
Dang I was proud of myself for having the gumption to just wash it...lol. Y’all guys are on a whole other level. :bow down:

View attachment 1606272
Hi. I am going to order the CP pistons and Carrillo rods on Monday! A GIRL ran a stop light I totaled her 2015 SUV with my 1997 Ford F150. I will have money left over to buy a 2005 Chevy truck with only 76000 miles for $1000. I will drive the Chevy untill I get a used bumper for the Ford then sell the Chevy.

Hi. What will the off set be? 5 degrees? I just saw a vid of 2.2 liter making 2200 HP at 110 lbs of boost. What is the max on the Busa? 42 to 44 on race gas maybe 58 on methanol. We.

Hi. I am going to order the CP pistons and Carrillo rods on Monday! A GIRL ran a stop light I totaled her 2015 SUV with my 1997 Ford F150. I will have money left over to buy a 2005 Chevy truck with only 76000 miles for $1000. I will drive the Chevy untill I get a used bumper for the Ford then sell the Chevy.
Careful, I didn't say the stuff in the quote my name is on.

Back