What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Hi. WHY WHY WHY use heavy Ti sprocket nuts? You can get aluminium drilled for safty wire if needed they are lighter than Ti! Steel, Ti, aluminium, plastic. Yes I use plastic bolts and nuts where I can save weight.
Because I love titanium fasteners the best bro , I could also have used aluminum on a lot of areas , but DLC ti bodywork fasteners for example look so nice and neat . Having said that , I am currently using aluminum on my Kwaka , because I have so many l took off the Busa !!:)

Evening everybody. I put brand new shinko 005 on my machine today. I'm shopping around for a cush drive now notice mines bad also cleaned and oiled the chain. Gave it a good bath. All fluids have been changed including brake fluid, oil, radiator fluid, and clutch fluid. Took her for her first real ride since I got it. Boy was it refreshing being on a busa again.

Finally got my lower radiator bracket bolt back in... this thing no poop took me 3 hours... it has to go in straight and my wrench wouldn’t fit because of the angle and the socket put it off canter so I had to drop the oil cooler and buy a $400 lift from harbor freight which also needed a new rolling stool... but I digress...
THE SCREW IS IN!

Also removed the stock dogbones and put in a set of roaring toyz adjustable ones.
***Public service announcement***
If you’re taking your stick dogbones off for the first time... plan on using a cheater bar for the lower bolt and possibly the upper one.

Finally got my lower radiator bracket bolt back in... this thing no poop took me 3 hours... it has to go in straight and my wrench wouldn’t fit because of the angle and the socket put it off canter so I had to drop the oil cooler and buy a $400 lift from harbor freight which also needed a new rolling stool... but I digress...
THE SCREW IS IN!

Also removed the stock dogbones and put in a set of roaring toyz adjustable ones.
If you’re taking your stick dogbones off for the first time... plan on using a cheater bar for the lower bolt and possibly the upper one.
As said in the public service announcement ,
Always have a cheater bar (we call them Power Bars here in NZ) handy and be ready to use it, remember. . . “Leverage is your friend”
:thumbsup:

Matched all the fairing bolts to the panel colors, added some red aluminum bolts where i could & chain guard thanks to Greg3852 who came through, big props.

20190826_105217.jpg

20190904_130854.jpg

THE SCREW IS IN!

That lower radiator mount had me frustrated as well. It’s been years since I messed with it and still remember the PITA that little sucker was. Ended up cross threading it and had to chase the threads and clean them up and finally got it back on. I used the long handle off my hydraulic jack as a cheater bar the first time I did the dog bones.

Is ceramic much more expensive than, let’s say, getting a piece powder coated or about the same?
It’s can literally be done using the same process. When we fabricated generator exhaust pipes I will powder coat them in ceramic if they are exposed so they stay cooler to the touch. It does make a good difference. I usually charge $75 - $90 per piece depending on prep and such.

41F800C7-EA9E-4872-9EC6-A0D308FB4137.jpeg

B917DA79-05CC-4AE3-96D2-C02239DD23C4.jpeg

DEAA5F14-26E2-4338-B9FC-D709ECB9EB80.jpeg

72D9236A-CC56-4EC2-ABB1-748857182799.jpeg

Hi. WHY WHY WHY use heavy Ti sprocket nuts? You can get aluminium drilled for safty wire if needed they are lighter than Ti! Steel, Ti, aluminium, plastic. Yes I use plastic bolts and nuts where I can save weight.
I have a hatred of aluminum hardware. I don’t like how your while tightening them you are one burp or fart away from thread failure. Ti is much more forgiving I have found.

Evening everybody. I put brand new shinko 005 on my machine today. I'm shopping around for a cush drive now notice mines bad also cleaned and oiled the chain. Gave it a good bath. All fluids have been changed including brake fluid, oil, radiator fluid, and clutch fluid. Took her for her first real ride since I got it. Boy was it refreshing being on a busa again.
You gen 1 or gen 2 I have a gen 1 Cush

Nice I see you got your R77’s !
The cf wrap looks awesome !! You seem to hate shining chrome accents as much as I do.
I sure do! I would love to powder coat all silver parts on my concours black. Not sure why they did black frame with silver swing arm, footpegs, etc. Looks like a lot of work to disassemble all that crap on that bike, though.

Last edited:
I painted my bike white, added two more cylinders, back seat, trunk, and two more wheels.....

View attachment 1604554

Niiice. I had a surprising experience with an Acura a few years back when I had my Corvette. I was following a friend on his R6 and we were (semi honking it) but not full out racing. We were going up and over a two lane overpass to the left and then down onto the freeway. It was a really great looong corner. We were running above 75 probably in the inside lane, me behind him a couple car lengths and to our surprise we got passed on the outside by a four door Acura with a female driver in her late 20s! Scared hell outta my buddy as he wasn’t in his mirrors all leaned over and didn’t expect me to come around, much less a four door sedan! :eek::laugh:

Back