What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Couple of parts came in. Still waiting for my new sprockets.

Not really my Busa , but @MillertheFitter rode two hours to get here for service work on his 2019 bird.
Chris had the rear sprocket ( 45 tooth ) , and a set of Pilot road 5's shipped to me last week . Today I dismounted the old stock tires , and mounted up the fresh stuff . Balanced them , and cleaned the chain up .
We talked shop / mods . Chris sat on RJ to feel the weight difference. When he got off I opened the fuel cap to show him it was completely full to the top . I should of got a photo of his surprise.
Chris left behind some real nice green stuff for RJ mods lol .

Bryan @c10 88 lbs makes a night and day difference, plus I learned alot about my bird today along with gettin to test out the new tires in a small shower @80ish, now just gotta work some O/T and get the new fender and mirrors ordered. And save up for one of those 205Hp titanium exhausts
Stock tire to new tire.

View attachment 1601919

View attachment 1601920

View attachment 1601921
You got your money's worth out of those tires...down to the cords.

Your bike is at least lighter than stock with those big cans off...

Hi Bryan, I note you will have the stock rear passenger peg holders on....have you ever considered removing them and perhaps fabricating an exhaust holder out of some exotic material?

I am seriously thinking about doing this as I will never carry a passenger and the passenger foot peg without an exhaust bolted to it looks out of place.

I was also wondering if the Gen 2 tail will bolt onto a Gen 1 aluminum sub frame?

Bill I need my pegs for the wife when we run into to on a tour for dinner as she leaves her bike at camp , also in case of a break down for her or a friend , and I carry bags/gear . Just don't trust a alum sub frame for my application .

Bill I need my pegs for the wife when we run into to on a tour for dinner as she leaves her bike at camp , also in case of a break down for her or a friend , and I carry bags/gear . Just don't trust a alum sub frame for my application .
Cool, just wondering for myself actually...

These things are something I will be looking into in the future I reckon...

A quick little test fit revealed this:

View attachment 1601882
View attachment 1601883

I'm gonna like this titanium bug that bit me.
@GAmedic , Those sprocket nuts don't look seated correctly , the thread is not sufficiently through the nut for proper strength . Have you got washers under them , because you do not need washers , those ti nuts are flanged . Just torque up the ti nuts to standard torque , the tread should be ideally flush or so with the top of nut .

Back