What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

If the thread damage isn't too bad, it's possible to use a tap and die to clean them up a bit. I have done this several times before. I always tighten the bolt as far as possible with my fingers, this makes sure it's seated properly. Other than that I agree with 08BusaKy. I actually got mine on backwards too, works on the clutch side but creates a mess on the throttle side if I remember correctly. That also doesn't look like a stock bar mount?

Yep, if it's stripped, it's going to need drilled and tapped to the next size. You'll probably not be able to tap to the same size, as aluminum is very soft, and the threads are either already gone, or there won't be enough material left for the bolt to get a good bite. You don't want the bar pulling out.
The recess hole for the allen head of the bolt may need drilled a little larger to accommodate the next size's bolt head.
Not a big deal or a hard fix.

Yep, if it's stripped, it's going to need drilled and tapped to the next size. You'll probably not be able to tap to the same size, as aluminum is very soft, and the threads are either already gone, or there won't be enough material left for the bolt to get a good bite. You don't want the bar pulling out.
The recess hole for the allen head of the bolt may need drilled a little larger to accommodate the next size's bolt head.
Not a big deal or a hard fix.
Will a gen 2 after market triple tree upper fit a gen 1

If the thread damage isn't too bad, it's possible to use a tap and die to clean them up a bit. I have done this several times before. I always tighten the bolt as far as possible with my fingers, this makes sure it's seated properly. Other than that I agree with 08BusaKy. I actually got mine on backwards too, works on the clutch side but creates a mess on the throttle side if I remember correctly. That also doesn't look like a stock bar mount?

Its not stock , throttle side went on good clutch side gave me pure hell thats when Murphy decided to show up :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks 6Pack, Fallenarch, and Yellow 09 so after wasting money and costing myself more money and more money dur to trying to save $125 ,the price I should have paid my mechanic for the install, so it cost me $90 for a used triple tree upper mount worst case scenario it will cost me $320 with towing best case $200 and at least I really love this triple tree upper mount so another valuable lesson learned Im not working on my bike period every time I do Murphy showing up can someone fire that guy I will clean my bike and do simple things that dont involve turning a wrench or cross threading anything It all boils down to being careful and not getting into a hurry so its its official I will pay the money, I try to do it and save money cost me more money

Screenshot_20190425-171837_eBay.jpg

Thanks 6Pack, Fallenarch, and Yellow 09 so after wasting money and costing myself more money and more money dur to trying to save $125 ,the price I should have paid my mechanic for the install, so it cost me $90 for a used triple tree upper mount worst case scenario it will cost me $320 with towing best case $200 and at least I really love this triple tree upper mount so another valuable lesson learned Im not working on my bike period every time I do Murphy showing up can someone fire that guy I will clean my bike and do simple things that dont involve turning a wrench or cross threading anything It all boils down to being careful and not getting into a hurry so its its official I will pay the money, I try to do it and save money cost me more money

View attachment 1598142
Looks good to boot....

Well I hear you but the Busa will cost you a fortune if you can't do some of the labor. It's all about thinking through what you need to do, take your time and take photos constantly while working.

Your right , I had to start working on my r/c trucks my self do to them breaking all the time but I wasn't easy on them either until I upgraded parts and they didnt break had some wicked bad to the bone r/c trucks had over 2 grand in them almost 3

Back