What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

It was just the right side fairing, I had a spare from years ago when I rubbed it along a high curb at a toll booth. I replaced the fairing and put my original in my attic. When the bike was wrecked there was not one usable fairing but I had that one still so I chose to have it fixed.

It cost me $102 for the paint from ColorRite
$200 for the labor of the prep prime paint and clear.
And $56 for a new decal just in case (but I wound up not needing)

I purchased all the other fairings piece by piece it cost me $1,425 combined for the nose, tail, left side and the tank was $325 as a NOS, take off (has one little chip right above the seat.

$2100 is not bad for everything. I did much the same thing when I had Midnight painted and it was around that price.

I have considered those for a while now, what do you feel is the advantage. I like the idea of a little paint protection lol. Also any draw backs like do they attract dirt and dust?
I have not had them long enough to give you a good review on them, Steven. I put them on the white tank and after a couple of hundred miles, switched fairings. I’m always paranoid about scratching my tank, so the bagster cover gave me peace of mind, but I was worried about the tank when I removed the bagster and figured these would be worth the money. I love how they “grab” onto your pants. It’s a crazy feeling, but when I hug the tank with my legs with these stormgrips, I feel like I’m glued to the bike and nothing can knock me off of it. For $48 shipped on eBay, is money well spent in my book.

t 30 evo.jpg

Bridgestone t30 evo 266$ US tax and shipping included.

Cheers
ken

Installed R1 wheel, set spacing on the caliper, oh and installed my engine. Yes!! It took me 15 min to bolt in by myself. I have become a pro at it. Next up, well a lot. Need to install the rear R1 wheel and set the caliper spacing. Need to hook up everything to the engine, stator cover gasket, oil change, brake fluid change, clutch fluid change, etc..etc. Happy with day 1 progress.

6E4CE2AF-54A9-4DEC-BDBD-F945202B826D.jpeg

Installed R1 wheel, set spacing on the caliper, oh and installed my engine. Yes!! It took me 15 min to bolt in by myself. I have become a pro at it. Next up, well a lot. Need to install the rear R1 wheel and set the caliper spacing. Need to hook up everything to the engine, stator cover gasket, oil change, brake fluid change, clutch fluid change, etc..etc. Happy with day 1 progress.

View attachment 1598028
Woooooohooooo!! Congrats Greg !
Like your light bulb there!
Looks so great can’t wait for you to rest ride it.

Fellow forum members, I need some help. What I did to my busa today I installed the right helibar and on the left Im catching hell might have stripped or screwed something out of alignment, that guy Murphy showed up reaping havoc probably costing me more money than my mechanic was going to charge me to do this
This is why I dont work on my busa because of Mr Murphy showing up I tried screwing in the bolts and it wasn't tightening the helibar and it setting up you guys can look at the pictures any suggestions welcomed please thank uou

20190424_235532.jpg

20190424_220328.jpg

20190424_235545.jpg

20190424_235535.jpg

20190424_235555.jpg

20190424_235549.jpg

I need some suggestions please I think I crossed threaded the screws
I assume you put the Heli bar back on the proper side.

Do you mean the clamp on the triple tree cover won't tighten? There are notches in the Heli bar for proper positioning of the bars, throttle, brake and clutch clamps.

If they are stripped you will have to tap and rethread or maybe someone on here has and old triple tree cover or you can buy and OEM or aftermarket one.

I put helibars on my 18 but put risers on my 19 and 08.

Back