What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I think that the panels are my favorite mod that I’ve done. Even more than the wheels, believe it or not. IMHO those panels in stock form look like poop on a white bike.
Totally agree. I think it was a cheaper way of manufacturing for Suzuki because it sure as hell wasnt for looks. But if you think about it, they make them barbecue black and as long as they produce the bike they can keep using them on any color scheme. If they color matched it would require making them over for every scheme.

Rear tire mounted by @POWERHOUSE and I cheated and had Frank seat my Cush drive because no matter how much I stared at it, I just couldn’t see the damn thing ever fitting in. Frank bailed me out and went over my bearings because I was concerned for them being seated correctly.

0EBB4C12-9DEC-478D-9288-C670218C8E44.jpeg

5BAFA537-0BDC-46EA-8C3E-A7992A15E811.jpeg

Totally agree. I think it was a cheaper way of manufacturing for Suzuki because it sure as hell wasnt for looks. But if you think about it, they make them barbecue black and as long as they produce the bike they can keep using them on any color scheme. If they color matched it would require making them over for every scheme.
You are right and they look good on dark color bike, but white ones........... not so much.

I really liked the look of the PFR’s but I already had the BraKing Rear.
I also ordered new brake lines and throttle cables from AS3, I was really impressed with their coolant hoses and clamps.
https://www.as3performance.co.uk/su...enhill-braided-front-brake-lines-hoses-black/

https://www.as3performance.co.uk/su...3-venhill-featherlight-throttle-cables-black/

Oh and also a black stem nut from them.
https://www.as3performance.co.uk/su...0-01-07-as3-top-yoke-steering-stem-nut-black/

I wish I found out about them before I ordered my rear Galfer but eh it is what it is. I’ll have one mismatched brake line. (For now....) They actually offered to custom make me a rear in any size I want so I may take them up on that offer so I match all around.

Yeah, those look great. I’ve got to get that done at some point.
It will hurt when you make that payment, but it will be worth it. I did a set myself and it’s a ton of work and the base paint that ColorRite sent me wasn’t even close. Ended up spending even more money. Smh!

Can you buy a full set of Ti fasteners for the Busa? How much weight would that save?
You can now buy practically every bolt on your Busa , excluding motor internals . You will have to hunt around to do this , but it can now be done . Back a couple of years ago , you could not , the engine mount bolts especially because of length were difficult , but now you can buy them from DME and some others . Now , you can buy full axles and suspension bolts in ti , from multiple companies , but back in 2012 /13 , you could not .
Having said that , some ti was available for the Gen 1 from Yoyodyneti.com , and perhaps by Beta for Yoshimura , but very hard to get hold of .
Anyway , I know you can get it all for your Busa in ti , because my L2 has it all done in ti now , completely finished with all fasteners and axles engine mounts , bar actual engine , but some of that in aluminum for engine covers and radiator mountings etc. . Don't know what it saved , but just bought another swingarm pivot axle in ti , from a new bloke and might go front and rear ti for another spare set from him too ..

Last edited:
Started loosening up my top clamp bolts to move everything over to new top champ and HeliBars.
Took a few pics for @Kiwi Rider since he likes seeing my paperwork support the Busa.

View attachment 1594077

View attachment 1594078

View attachment 1594079

View attachment 1594080
I don’t know how you northerners do it. If I had my bike in pieces for that long, I wouldn’t remember how to put it together. :laugh:!! I would ziplock bags labeled with info of where hardware belongs to all over the place.

Polished up my plastics. Couple good coats of wax. Love my 1397 decals. View attachment 1594086
View attachment 1594087
GREG! You friggen killed it man! That paint job looks mint. Nicely done. I can’t believe how good that came out.....And the 1397 decals are killer too.
When you put the tail back on don’t forget to hook in the key release cable. I did that a few weeks back....oh boy did that suck.

I don’t know how you northerners do it. If I had my bike in pieces for that long, I wouldn’t remember how to put it together. :laugh:!! I would ziplock bags labeled with info of where hardware belongs to all over the place.
Trust me, I take tons of pictures because by the time I reassemble so much time has passed, not to mention I have ordered so many replacement bolts I can’t remember crap.
My poor bike has been together and apart so many times in the past few months.
Hopefully on Monday when my manifold tubes arrive from yosh I can get my exhaust all installed and start fitting up the gen 2 radiator.
Also got a decorative radiator guard coming from Czech Republic

C99C44D7-6542-4937-8FAC-44945F3703DD.jpeg

2809D01E-1A34-4174-ACC4-253CB1C1165C.jpeg

... apart so many times ...
... Been there. Done that ...

All of you DIY are better guys than me ... I just do cosmetic work on mine.

I didn't do any of the cosmetic work this time; for the facelift. My mechanic had to take everything off to do his thing, so I just had him put on the new cosmetic parts too.

Boy, I can't wait to get home !!

Weather is cold but I want to pick it up and just look at it !

She was almost done here:
After - 1.jpeg

More odds and ends were done after this.

I stare at this picture for hours everyday !!! (since I can't look at the bike in person)

Before:
Hayabusa - 4.JPG

Last edited:
Back