What did you do to get your Hayabusa ?

Lifetime supply of Costco hot dogs to eat ~ or a brand new Gen 1 Hayabusa •

6186F854-C55A-41A5-BD16-2F8DD17B4751.jpeg

Was leading Pro E / T points with my ZX11 . . .

Tossed the question to a few friends •

Brand new Hayabusa or ZX12 ?

Made a pass on both •

Red, *<(;{)-

Last edited:
Were you able to get a good 'test' ride on the BMW since it was sorted out?
Yeah, it's really like a different bike. Pretty amazing how a 750 pound bike can move like this. The ECU flash did the trick. It's unbelievable that throttle response could make a complicated bike like this un-rideable. But the BMW only works when you push it, that is keep throttle on the bike at all times. With the weird throttle it was very hard to manage the bike. Now, you can keep that little bit of throttle on it that keeps it going where you want and resolves the high CG issues with stability. Very happy with it now.

It was a tough bike to figure out, frustrating and expensive.

C10 there’s a Kawi here in Denver just like that! Stretched, and runs 9s... but if you ask what I did for mine, well.... met her in sturgis and honestly, she bought it. Title to her to prove it lol

Had a 97 GSXR 1100 bought this bike in Cork Superbikes in August 99 called into Meskell Motorcycles outside Limerick 2nd of November 99 there she was a second hand 99 black and charcoal busa with 500 miles on it love at first sight traded the 1100 there and then drove this machine back to cork 80 miles in contuines driving rain but I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat that got the cream A love affair that has contuined to this day I have my seventh hayabusa at the moment never let me down very reliable machines would have anything else

Had a 97 GSXR 1100 bought this bike in Cork Superbikes in August 99 called into Meskell Motorcycles outside Limerick 2nd of November 99 there she was a second hand 99 black and charcoal busa with 500 miles on it love at first sight traded the 1100 there and then drove this machine back to cork 80 miles in contuines driving rain but I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat that got the cream A love affair that has contuined to this day I have my seventh hayabusa at the moment never let me down very reliable machines would have anything else
7 Busas...? That has to be a record somewhere...well done you.

To Mr Highlander hold onto that lovely Wife of yours She made an exellent choice on a smashing bike Ask my second squeeze (the other half) the sane question she would just scowl and squack don't like bikes Methinks there will be a big break up in the new year can feel it in my bones A lady like your lovely Wife is like gold dust here Mr Highlander

Was haunting the local ads site, there was one a couple of hours away that read terribly, poor pics etc. Made a very rude bid, that he accepted at 3am. Went up the next day, lad was moving back to Eastern Europe, and was a gent. As well as the bike gave me a load of spares, accessories and even oils etc that he was leaving behind, wouldn't take anything extra for them. Took it for a test run around Dublins ring road and just knew that this was a bargain.

To Mr Highlander hold onto that lovely Wife of yours She made an exellent choice on a smashing bike Ask my second squeeze (the other half) the sane question she would just scowl and squack don't like bikes Methinks there will be a big break up in the new year can feel it in my bones A lady like your lovely Wife is like gold dust here Mr Highlander
That happened 11 years ago! Still have both, and they're both in great shape. Yeah, first wife didn't like my motorcycles either, so I upgraded to wife 2.0, who has enjoyed 90k miles of riding since 2001. Best decision I ever made. Do what you gotta do to be happy, and Thank You!

Well honestly I just told the wife I wasnt sure if I was gonna buy a busa, Duc1299, or double R. She just rolled her eyes. About six months of turmoil going back and forth deciding I told her its gonna be a busa. She says, of course it is. Got a smokin deal on a leftover and got zukes 0%...a no brainer there.
Oh, and she rolls her eyes alot over the last 22 years! Lol
She asked me one time recently, "Why do u need so many motorcycles, u only have 1 ass?!" I just pointed to 1 of her walk in closets. Haha
Troy

Well honestly I just told the wife I wasnt sure if I was gonna buy a busa, Duc1299, or double R. She just rolled her eyes. About six months of turmoil going back and forth deciding I told her its gonna be a busa. She says, of course it is. Got a smokin deal on a leftover and got zukes 0%...a no brainer there.
Oh, and she rolls her eyes alot over the last 22 years! Lol
She asked me one time recently, "Why do u need so many motorcycles, u only have 1 ass?!" I just pointed to 1 of her walk in closets. Haha
Troy
Good choice Troy , will be expecting pics when she rolls up home !!

Saw those sorry excuses for legs and immediately thought of this Python skit . .
@1:59 "ahh! you have a woman's legs my lord!!"
yeah, it's late, it's new years eve and I'm SOBER!!
Good times! *
Hahahahaha , that's why I'm running all that Ohlins on the bike Kiwi , might not have good legs myself , but I blessed my L2 with very good legs . Have a good new years , hope you get out and about tonight in your small town , and find one of them single hairy legged women to kiss , and not the one you've already blown it with from your church , hahahaha !!

finally broke the motor of my ZRX and was choosing between finding and building a monster motor or starting all over with a different new to me ZRX when my wife suggested and new bike would be a better idea
There were few bikes currently on the market that appealled to me but the Busa was one of them
Sold the zrx
and so here I am

fullsizeoutput_9f.jpeg

Back