What damper/stabilizer for 2018?

who is the expert?

a UK tuner does race bikes... he told me to take it off... busa rake is not steep enough to warrant a damper

Panigale YES , Busa No
i used to put 30 wt in my Stock damper.. i sure don't want stiff steering in the twisties now

ok i'll qualify it , i get an occasional 1 flick thats just re-alignment, holding bar too hard from max acceleraton

i have never ever heard a busa doing a full on tank slapper, however i;m always listening to others experiences

Argh I see

Hero :) Rider does high speed wheelie lands it off line ( not on busa ) to be expected

Busa Won’t get that on the road

Argh I see

Hero :) Rider does high speed wheelie lands it off line ( not on busa ) to be expected

Busa Won’t get that on the road
not everyone has an unnamed expert tuner for their hayabusa suspension... and steering dampers are adjustable.....

Yep, no tank slap, and not even head shake.
just some guys without skill trying to wheelie, and almost losing it when the front slams down.

Yep, no tank slap, and not even head shake.
just some guys without skill trying to wheelie, and almost losing it when the front slams down.
so u have never botched a landing? be careful...... ull wind up on ure ass lookin at the stars.... even the pros have their moments.... ask mike Tyson

so u have never botched a landing? be careful...... ull wind up on ure ass lookin at the stars.... even the pros have their moments.... ask mike Tyson

Ha! Ever?!
You better belive it!
Many.
I'm not knocking those guys, but you can tell they don't have the skill or control to be doing what they are doing.
Guys that can only power wheelie can't balance one, which means, when they run out of rpm, the front slams down hard.
And can easily result in a crash.

You've got me all wrong man.
No part of me thinks I can't crash, quite the opposite. I am a pro at crashing dirt bikes, and I am always the first one to laugh at my crashes and near misses.
I just call 'em like I see 'em.
Those guys are asking for it...and I hope they don't find it.

one thing the world learned that night.. the bookies/the hustlers /EVERYONE.. there is no such thing as a 50-1 favorite... at that time... people were saying that Tyson would BEAT joe Frasier and rocky Marciano and might go HEADS UP with a PRIME Cassious clay.... YEAH RIGHT!

I digress... but in my mind life is in one way or another relatable to boxing... win a round... lose a round... the hustle never ends.

FYI I emailed GPR last weekend and got a reply back today.

According to them the current GPR model that was listed up to 2016 WILL work on a 17,18 also, they just need to upgrade the site. So for those of you considering the GPR your good to go.

As an update. Got the GPR home and quickly realized that at least for the 2018 the supplied 70mm bolts are too short. I emailed them to let them know. It’s about 2.75” and the top bolts are longer than the bottom on factory. The bottom require around a 3.0” and the top more like 3.25.

Otherwise everything works and fits well.

In the process of removing the bolts I dropped a damn washer down in the plastics or engine somewhere so I get to spend the weekend trying to hunt that thing down. Should be fun. Hate for it to fly out and hit a fan or something and destroy it.

Just my luck.

I trust the stock damper is as good or better than anything I could buy.

I use a Hyper-Pro RSC damper on my ZX-14 and I can tell the difference if I ride a couple weeks without it. I do encounter a couple quick headshakes on bumpy roads but I feel almost nothing of the sort when the damper is installed. The stock busa damper seems to do as good of a job but I have never ridden without it being installed. I've never had anything close to a tank slapper with or without a damper so IDK how much a damper helps with that.

If you just want a damper, get a chinese one for $25 on Ebay. They make a Hyper-Pro copy and a Scotts or GPR copy. Use it a year and buy a new one instead of having an expensive original serviced. You are supposed to send it in and have it serviced periodically.

I like my GPR v4 stabilizer. Was very surprised to find out that I was able to use it because it came from my Gen 1 that I wrecked last year.

20180414_082906.jpg

I trust the stock damper is as good or better than anything I could buy.

I use a Hyper-Pro RSC damper on my ZX-14 and I can tell the difference if I ride a couple weeks without it. I do encounter a couple quick headshakes on bumpy roads but I feel almost nothing of the sort when the damper is installed. The stock busa damper seems to do as good of a job but I have never ridden without it being installed. I've never had anything close to a tank slapper with or without a damper so IDK how much a damper helps with that.

If you just want a damper, get a chinese one for $25 on Ebay. They make a Hyper-Pro copy and a Scotts or GPR copy. Use it a year and buy a new one instead of having an expensive original serviced. You are supposed to send it in and have it serviced periodically.
I don't think its ever a good idea to use cheap Chinese parts.

I don't think its ever a good idea to use cheap Chinese parts.
I have several cheap Asian parts and I'm totally satisfied. I also have several expensive name brand parts that I'm totally unimpressed with. I trust the less complicated cheap parts like mirrors and levers. A cheap damper probably isn't a good choice if you depend on it but for a stable bike like the busa, I'd try it. There's an electronic damper on there already. Keep that and an aftermarket damper's just an ornament.

Back