What damper/stabilizer for 2018?

FYI I emailed GPR last weekend and got a reply back today.

According to them the current GPR model that was listed up to 2016 WILL work on a 17,18 also, they just need to upgrade the site. So for those of you considering the GPR your good to go.

There are a lot of opinions in this thread, a lot of science and a lot of experience. I have had this discussion on the forum, in person sitting around the fire at the Phillips, at the paddock at the track and on the road when I was on cross country trips... I suck at math and flunked out of science but I can tell you my experience. I ran a GPR on my 08 Busa for years and it was by far one of the best additions I had. Having the ability to reach up and adjust on the fly for the road conditions, city vs hwy or track vs touring was awesome. If I wanted to feel more feedback I turned it down but on the hwy with cruise set all the way up it would go. Easy to install, easy to use and tens of thousand of miles all over this country without an issue... Something has to be said for not having an issue right?

And that's all I have to say about that......

cap

Good point. Something to think about. I might just pull the trigger and try it. Can always sell it if I feel the need.

Assuming you take the factory off correct? When using the GPR.

Good point. Something to think about. I might just pull the trigger and try it. Can always sell it if I feel the need.

Assuming you take the factory off correct? When using the GPR.
Leave the factory on.

Alrighty. If it works for you it should work for me. Figured the two of them would make it harder to fine tune or play on one another somehow.

Thanks!

They work well, and make the bars feel however You the rider prefer.
All I said is that they won't prevent a tank slap

why do most racers use them

Because, they help calm the bar movement, headshake. And/or give the bars the "feel" or resistance the rider prefers.
They are useful...but they do Not prevent a tank slapper.
Which is what I have said throughout this thread.
Which was and is my only point.
Just because there is a steering dampner, stock or aftermarket, do not think that they will prevent a tank slap.
They do not.
Do I use them, and would I prefer a dampner over none? Absolutely.

Because, they help calm the bar movement, headshake. And/or give the bars the "feel" or resistance the rider prefers.
They are useful...but they do Not prevent a tank slapper.
Which is what I have said throughout this thread.
Which was and is my only point.
Just because there is a steering dampner, stock or aftermarket, do not think that they will prevent a tank slap.
They do not.
Do I use them, and would I prefer a dampner over none? Absolutely.
have u ever went down as a result of a slapper

have u ever went down as a result of a slapper

Very close.
120+mph, 6th gear, 750 Ninja, cresting a hill.
Front tire rose about 6", set down...and the experince of a lifetime.
Bar to frame on both sides, and I could feel the rear wheel was bouncing up and down, about 6".
The engine stopped and I thought it blew, that's what slowed me enough and eventually helped me regain control.
There really is no grab the brakes in those moments, it's just hang on for dear life to the bull trying to buck you.
I had traveled close to a 1/4 mile before regaining control, coasted under a street light, to see the run switch had flipped and killed the engine.
Good to go and thank you God.
I wear full leathers most of the time...I had on a helmet, tank top and shorts.
It was an awesome experience, and I would do it again...assuming I knew I wouldn't crash, which is very rare.
Another reason that I say, yes, dampners are good, but don't think they will prevent a tank slap.
And, a tank slap is back and forth, bar to frame, repeatedly. Headshake is just bar wobble.

Very close.
120+mph, 6th gear, 750 Ninja, cresting a hill.
Front tire rose about 6", set down...and the experince of a lifetime.
Bar to frame on both sides, and I could feel the rear wheel was bouncing up and down, about 6".
The engine stopped and I thought it blew, that's what slowed me enough and eventually helped me regain control.
There really is no grab the brakes in those moments, it's just hang on for dear life to the bull trying to buck you.
I had traveled close to a 1/4 mile before regaining control, coasted under a street light, to see the run switch had flipped and killed the engine.
Good to go and thank you God.
I wear full leathers most of the time...I had on a helmet, tank top and shorts.
It was an awesome experience, and I would do it again...assuming I knew I wouldn't crash, which is very rare.
Another reason that I say, yes, dampners are good, but don't think they will prevent a tank slap.
And, a tank slap is back and forth, bar to frame, repeatedly. Headshake is just bar wobble.
good thing u had that damper on there,

Check how many of the pro's who had tank slappers also had dampners...I'll bet it's 100%
That’s why said that sixpack. If they prevented them, you would never see those poor guys holding on for dear life as their bikes turn in to a wild horse underneath them.

steering angle and chassis setup has a lot to do with how nervous a bike is.... I know u hate em six.... but lowered and stretched bikes aren't as jumpy..... much easier to lay down power without the front getting light.

steering angle and chassis setup has a lot to do with how nervous a bike is.... I know u hate em six.... but lowered and stretched bikes aren't as jumpy..... much easier to lay down power without the front getting light.

No doubt
That's the way to go in a straight line.
I don't actually hate them either, I just like corners better.
I love watchin you guys throw huge money at ridiculously quick bikes.
One day, I might even ride one of those monsters, lol.
Until then, I'll hoon on a cheapo 1k.

i took mine off , why..

i took my bike to a suspension tuner and he said with right suspension set up the busa does not need a stabiliser. :poke:
since i had my TTX36 ohlins and rebuilt front end with improved valving and including carbon wheels

i ride fast through curves and street, never had a head shake.. one thing to remember don't grip the bars , stay loose and the front will stay solid

i love my super fast turning characteristics :D

i took mine off , why..

i took my bike to a suspension tuner and he said with right suspension set up the busa does not need a stabiliser. :poke:
since i had my TTX36 ohlins and rebuilt front end with improved valving and including carbon wheels

i ride fast through curves and street, never had a head shake.. one thing to remember don't grip the bars , stay loose and the front will stay solid

i love my super fast turning characteristics :D
u ride hard and NEVER had any headshake??

Suspension setup can and does make all the difference.
However, it doesn't prevent headshake or tank slap either.
I think you've just been fortunate so far.

Back