What channel is motogp on on DirecTV?

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I did a search and didn't find anything.

Apparently speed was bought out by fox sports. And because of the channel change I missed the Indy race.

But for Brno's race, I went in and manual set the recorder to channel 618. It didn't specify which race, but there were 3, so I set the recorder for all 3.

Today I found out only 1 of the 3 recorded and its the Moto3 race. No idea why the other 2 didn't record.

Looking at this weekend, there is only a moto3 race to record in Silverstone.

Called Directv, they can't do anything more than the smart search and the guide. They say its all in Fox Sport's hands.

Is anybody else watching MotoGP on Directv? What channel? are you getting all the races?

Ok thanks! I was searching for MotoGP and all that came up was 618 for Moto3.

Moto2 and MotoGP are on 219. Under "motorcycle Racing". A search for MotoGP fails to show this channel.

Funny how DirecTV was completely incapable of helping me. And just one post here and I get the answer quickly!

Now I just need to find free or cheap race videos for Indy and Brno. MotoGP.com wants 25euro for this. Anyone know of cheaper way to watch those 2 races?

Direct TV is only 19.99 a month for a limited time, includes free movie channels for 3 months, free sunday ticket, and free installation / no activation

855-972-2764 for Direct TV, Get set up today! Free installation and movies for 3 months!

Direct TV is only 19.99 a month for a limited time, includes free movie channels for 3 months, free sunday ticket, and free installation / no activation

855-972-2764 for Direct TV, Get set up today! Free installation and movies for 3 months!

Only to raked over the coals after the low initial trial period....no thank you.

I've heard half of the world installs BitTorrent client on their machines, so people share with each other races, qualifyings, FP4, movies, music... you name it. Not sure how it's done exactly, but I've heard that once you install the client, all you have to do is to do a search for a race/movie/music torrent or a magnetic link, click on it, and it downloads anything in minutes. I've also heard that if you put that content on a flash drive (in one of popular formats, e.g. MP4), stick it in your Roku box, then you can watch it right on your TV in HD quality, pause/rewind, etc. Not sure how all this technology works, but I'v heard it was amazing.

I've also heard that all these cable/satellite/phone companies want to charge people using 20th Century pricing while still deploying an outdated technology where subscribers have to switch channels, which are like gazillion years old, and are absolutely unwilling to adapt to the changing world of technology. I've also heard that some people completely do away with cable/satellite as well as replace their phones with internet phones (like MagicJack), and I've heard this trend picks up speed. I've heard that cable/satellite/phone companies' pricing/policies push people to find better alternatives, and will ultimately bring down the cable/satellite/phone companies, who of course don't want to see it this way... until the very end.

...so, I've heard.

I've heard half of the world installs BitTorrent client on their machines, so people share with each other races, qualifyings, FP4, movies, music... you name it. Not sure how it's done exactly, but I've heard that once you install the client, all you have to do is to do a search for a race/movie/music torrent or a magnetic link, click on it, and it downloads anything in minutes. I've also heard that if you put that content on a flash drive (in one of popular formats, e.g. MP4), stick it in your Roku box, then you can watch it right on your TV in HD quality, pause/rewind, etc. Not sure how all this technology works, but I'v heard it was amazing.

I've also heard that all these cable/satellite/phone companies want to charge people using 20th Century pricing while still deploying an outdated technology where subscribers have to switch channels, which are like gazillion years old, and are absolutely unwilling to adapt to the changing world of technology. I've also heard that some people completely do away with cable/satellite as well as replace their phones with internet phones (like MagicJack), and I've heard this trend picks up speed. I've heard that cable/satellite/phone companies' pricing/policies push people to find better alternatives, and will ultimately bring down the cable/satellite/phone companies, who of course don't want to see it this way... until the very end.

...so, I've heard.

I dumped Verizon - tired of getting raped for the few minutes a month I was using. Dumped Cable TV too for the same reason. Bought a Digital Antenna and get about 30 channels
for free most in HD quality.

When will they learn that they can't keep raping us forever and that sooner or later they are going to have to fold if they don't cut their price in half or more.
Oh well they have been warned. :whistle:

LOL... Companies are driven by humans... who never want to change, and never learn... Heard about RadioShack? Pretty sad. Where am I gonna buy a resistor if I need one?

Same here. We were paying $125/month for the triple play with Optimum, and would've stayed, but no, they upped it to $150. I said we would cancel, they said there was nothing they could do. So, we got a good antenna and getting a bunch of channels, got Internet only from Verizon for $30/month promotion with 25/25 speed, got 4 Roku boxes (one time expense of around $400), and signed up for unlimited Netflix for $12/month and HuluPlus for $7/month. Magic Jack which we had laying around since Sandy, signed up and now it's our primary house phone for $37/year. So, now we are paying about $60/month and having a lot more than we had before, gazillion of movies, news on demand. The only thing is it's a bit more involved with a bit more clicking, but then you realize that the only reason we watched a lot of stuff because it was on TV, and we had no choice. Now, we see the headline we don't like, we don't even watch it. The only thing we miss are CNN and Fox News, but we can still watch bits and pieces of Fox News, and will learn to live without CNN - with so many free news available through Roku.

All-in-all, it's a different experience, there are some tweaks, but we figured for saving $90/month (now, and probably more in the future) we can live with that. I crossed out my last bill and wrote on it: "NO MORE!"

Oh, we used to have 5 cable boxes, each consuming about 20 Watt of electricity, which was adding about $15-$20/month to our electric bill. I measured the Roku box, and it takes only 2-3 Watt. So, we are really saving about $100/month.

Even our cat enjoys movies... They have animal channel which has movies for pets. For instance, there is a 15 min clip where birds are feeding on some seeds. The cat is watching like glued, and even tries to get the birds, looks confused when she can't get one, looks behind the TV, and can't comprehend where the birds are.

Now, every time any TV is ON, the cat is passing by, stops and watching, waiting for some birds to show up. This is so funny... A cat sitting in front of a TV screen...

I told the guy at Optimum who was trying to convince me to stay while I was cancelling account: "You don't understand. You could've kept the price and I would stay with you. Now, you pushed me to find a better alternative. I did, and I will never come back for cable/phone service. You shot yourself in the foot." He still wouldn't budge and was offering some ridiculous "deals".

I read IG's post and kept picturing this
7ki0U3I.png

I haven't been too long in this country, and the image doesn't ring a bell. Could you please tell me what the image refers to?

Back