What can improve the Hayabus?

Jasper

Registered
While i am more of the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" sort of guy. I was wondering if there is anything I could add to improve the handling of the mighty busa. Don't get me wrong i think it is pretty sweet as it is for a big bike. Just thought i would throw it out there. I tend to do more 2 up riding with wife, so any suggestions would have to take that in to consideration. Phot attached, apologies for the poor shot. It was close to dusk and the sun was in the wrong place. That's my excuse anyway. But as you can see it is blank canvas to work on. The only change i have made is ditching the BT015 (awful endurance good grip) fitted as standard and fitting Michelin Pilot Road 2 (So far so good)

Thanks in anticipation. ???

DSC00077.JPG

Last edited:
Make sure you have good tires and your suspension is tuned and you should be fine. 2-up riding is a blast!

Attachments

• dragon.bmp
    706.3 KB · Views: 2,979
aftermarket single can exhaust
Suspension reconditioning and tune
brake lines and pads
wheels
correct tire pressure
more riding experience (track days)

Fit the 09' GSX-R 1000 brakes calipers, mono block, and Radial master cylinder in place of the crappy Busa stuff. Add SS lines and HH pads and your in good shape.

Steel braided brake lines and better pads for sure.

Since you do a lot of two up riding, you may want to consider upgrading your seats. And looking into a higher windscreen. A tourer type or a double bubble of some type.

Ride on & enjoy! :thumbsup:

Since you left us to work with an unlimited budget, I'd recommend some carbon fiber wheels.

:laugh:

Depends on what you want from the bike, for example, I'm a long distance tourer, so I put on a lot of comfort mods... but one thing is for sure, replace that ugly stock exhaust!

For 2 riding....H.I.Ds, Best fior being seen and to see! I have a puig double bubble windscreen, Better rider protection. A r77 Yosh full system. Weigh loss. A tune to smooth out the bike and its new exhaust. I 2 or 3 up rear sprocket, to help give the bike a little more pull with the added weight! SS brake lines and better pads. Track time and lots of regular riding! And your good too go! A least thats what I tell her... because I enjoy modding the bike! But seriously this helps make the bike for me and others here perform better then stock!:rulez::rulez::beerchug::thumbsup:

If your combined weight is over 250 pounds, I'd change springs, especially on the front. This will greatly reduce excessive dive when slowing. Agree with others on exhaust, better seat. Simply changing front brake lines to SS and using H pads will completely transform the brake feel. I like helibars. Sitting a little more upright makes your passenger feel more comfortable, too. 1" raising links really seem to quickin the steering, but will also have your passenger sliding forward every time you slow. A 190/55 tire on the rear will help a little. Changing to a 17 tooth front sprocket will ease the amount of clutch slipping on take-offs and lengthen the wheelbase slightly which can reduce the wheelie tendancy a bit. Enjoy the company and don't scare her!

Cross-plane crank like the nu R1, improved cam chain & tensioner. and all the above

I would say that a turbo is needed so not to lug the engine with the added weight of your passenger! :laugh:

1. For sure a set of performance springs.

2. The muffler might be a change just for mileage/weight/2-up. But she might not like the extra noise and that loud stuff makes one fatigue more on the drone.

3. Brakes might be left alone. You skid into a car all locked up either way with better brakes and hoses just as much as stock. A split second will not help, you did not think a few seconds before the situation.

4. Seat comfort might improve if you find the better cushion out there. And no, not this type of cushion http://www.thewhoopeecushion.com/grafx/whoopee_encore_red.jpg

5. Harder tires last a little longer for 2-up riding.

6. A fuel cutter like a PC is going to drop mileage where stock might have the best mpg average.

7. Not too much is broken on the bike, but for handling? I'd change springs only and ignore most of the other suggestions mentioned above.

Back