what brand parts for max power?

blubusa7056

Registered
ok fellas this is my first post so please bare with me.I have a 2001 bone stock busa.i have had the bike for several months now and have finally saved up the money to start with step one of gaining performance.i have already ordered a +3 rear sprocket and brocks pair valve block off kit.i also ordered a tre....none of wich are installed on the bike yet.im looking at doing everything at once as far as install.im interisted in what brand exhaust for most power along with power comander and wich tune do you recomend from who?i also was looking at velocity stacks also i might order them today long as i hear good reports from them lol.......like i said before im looking for power over anything thing else.i did do the airbox mod yesterday other than that it is stock....thanks in advance.also im in the tampa florida area who would you recomend to do the tuning?

Brocks exhaust with a power commander loaded with their map.
And/or upgrade the ecu to an 02-07 model and get ecu editor.

Here's what I recommend.
1) Your 2001 has a 16 bit ECU/Rotor. Find a used 32bit ECU and Rotor and do a swap. The ECU should plug right into the 2001's wiring harness without any modification.

2) Then you can use ECU Editor (or have someone do it for you) to remove rev and top speed restrictions AND remove the timing retard on the lower gears thereby eliminating the need for the TRE.

3) You can also then use a PowerCommander V if you want to go that route and have your busa dyno tuned (after you get your exhaust) or forget the PCV and have the bike dyno tuned using ECU Editor if you can find a tuner that uses it.

There goes Do3 with the smilies again. They should really stop counting your posts :laugh:

Oh you meant my emoticons, not all the smiles and chuckles I bring to oRgters

How's that I didn't use one

It was hard

Still haven't clicked on Post Quick Reply softkey

If the sprockets are beat up get new ones and a chain...as for the cpu / elec parts it may be a good starting point prior to buying a bunch of other parts...save up some money, decide what you goal is and then buy what you can to reach your build

Excuse me...

If the sprockets are beat up get new ones and a chain...as for the cpu / elec parts it may be a good starting point prior to buying a bunch of other parts...save up some money, decide what you goal is and then buy what you can to reach your build

Untitled.png

Last edited:
ooooo k so my original post said i have saved up the money and im asking for exhaust brands and so forth??????????????????????????

ooooo k so my original post said i have saved up the money and im asking for exhaust brands and so forth??????????????????????????

Get a Brock exhaust of tiforce. Upgrade the rotor and ecu. Send the upgrade ecu to Frank at powerhouse to have it flashed. Buy a PC V and have it tuned. Your bike will feel like an entirely new one.

for what it is worth...somebody here will have a used exh full system for sale /or just the slip ons...the main benefit over stock is a weight loss / moving more air volume. If you are considering a turbo in a year or two do not spend 1k on and exh system new...other looks are a cf can or Ti...single side or dual...the sound will increase because an oem system is choked down to meet epa /decibel requirements....just like any car or bike open headers are used for a reason...a dump pipe is recommended more power

IMG_2816.JPG

not looking at going to forced induction.......im gunna stay naturally aspirated.im just looking to make good power on motor only.thanks for all the replys and great info.

What are your goals my friend ? Looks, performance, sound, weight, cost, canyon carving, bike nights, drag racing.

I'm running a Brocks pipe. Performance, looks, weight, quality, sound, ground clearance were important to me. Lots of choices out there.

If I had put just a little more thought into it I would have probably gone with the Brocks Alien Head in black, but my bike and frame are black.

i love drag racing with stock hight and wheel base.....i love when i pull up to the 1000 cc bikes all lowered and strecthed and and have them talking crap about the busa then handing them their butt with a stock hight and wheel base bike.im trying to build more power everything else is just extra lol.

here is the thing bro if your looking to keep her N/A don't go or even think about turbo and leave the spray out also. now to beat up on those 1000's plan a good set-up. with all the name brands out there it is your choice most people here scream brocks and being in Florida talk to some of the off the strip builders. ok for a low budget build for your 01 get a 02 ecu and pc3 or pc5 or flashtune ( there is benefits to each). now since you have the pair block off mod do a short box mod with k@n filter you asked about velocity stacks they are no good if you don't do motor work to benefit. now if your going to do motor work keep it simple head work and a exhaust cam swap is really simple and will net you some really decent horsepower and it goes up from there.

Back