What brand of brake pads and when to replace rotors?

W

Why lightweight? Lightweight = less life?
Yep I think I'll go with these pro-lite rotors. The front and back look the same.

913-587_A.jpg

Brembo Street Radial Calipers
The .484 and GP4-RX both use the 32/32 piston setup and are bridged across the top of body . These are both the same calipers ( nickle coated or black anodized ) , they are the top street Brembo caliper , but are really level with the radial P4 2 piece billet ( nickle or gold anodized ) ( not bridged over top of body ) with the offset piston size 30/34 (off the top of my head) , a caliper often used by racers in fact . All these calipers are available in various finishes , but are all billet , and are all 2 piece .
The other street calipers from Brembo , are the 1 piece cast items , currently fitted to many top line sport motorcycle . These caliper work good , I am not sure of the piston configuration , and represent very good value . The M4 Brembo is fitted to the '13+ Busa for example , and the M50 , which is I'm told fitted to the Ducati Panigale . The M50 maybe 100mm mounting option only .
But most of these calipers mentioned come in 2 mount sizes , 108mm ( Japanese ) and 100mm ( European ) . Best to search out a caliper you like and see if it lists either your choice of bike or the compatible mounting spacing your bike requires . Also ,as example , the pads available for say the 108mm GP4-RX , is the same pad for the 100mm GP4-RX . The M4 cast monobloc also uses the same pad range as those of the billet mentioned .
Now every Brembo beyond the mentioned calipers are from then on the race items , in monobloc , in full billet aluminum , starting out from the first trick GP4-RR monobloc caliper to 3 or 4 further up scale and scary $ choices .
The street variants are a great choice , but must have a corresponding master cylinder for full effect .
they have p4 that are 32/36... no dust seals... listed as racing caliper..... what do u think about running a caliper on the street without dust seals? this would probably necessitate quick disconnect lines... for cleaning purposes? I obviously know I need adapter for axial mount to radial... spacers... trex rotors.... and master cylinder.... at a minimum... nothing about adapting these brakes to the bike is gonna be easy I don't think.... also.... can I use zo4 pads with the 484s?

Last edited:
Brembo Street Radial Calipers
The .484 and GP4-RX both use the 32/32 piston setup and are bridged across the top of body . These are both the same calipers ( nickle coated or black anodized ) , they are the top street Brembo caliper , but are really level with the radial P4 2 piece billet ( nickle or gold anodized ) ( not bridged over top of body ) with the offset piston size 30/34 (off the top of my head) , a caliper often used by racers in fact . All these calipers are available in various finishes , but are all billet , and are all 2 piece .
The other street calipers from Brembo , are the 1 piece cast items , currently fitted to many top line sport motorcycle . These caliper work good , I am not sure of the piston configuration , and represent very good value . The M4 Brembo is fitted to the '13+ Busa for example , and the M50 , which is I'm told fitted to the Ducati Panigale . The M50 maybe 100mm mounting option only .
But most of these calipers mentioned come in 2 mount sizes , 108mm ( Japanese ) and 100mm ( European ) . Best to search out a caliper you like and see if it lists either your choice of bike or the compatible mounting spacing your bike requires . Also ,as example , the pads available for say the 108mm GP4-RX , is the same pad for the 100mm GP4-RX . The M4 cast monobloc also uses the same pad range as those of the billet mentioned .
Now every Brembo beyond the mentioned calipers are from then on the race items , in monobloc , in full billet aluminum , starting out from the first trick GP4-RR monobloc caliper to 3 or 4 further up scale and scary $ choices .
The street variants are a great choice , but must have a corresponding master cylinder for full effect .
p4s that are 32/36..... cheapest way out for the most stopping power I believe..... no?https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brembo-Rac....m570.l1311.R2.TR3.TRC0.A0.H1.Xbrembo+p4.TRS0

they have p4 that are 32/36... no dust seals... listed as racing caliper..... what do u think about running a caliper on the street without dust seals? this would probably necessitate quick disconnect lines... for cleaning purposes? I obviously know I need adapter for axial mount to radial... spacers... trex rotors.... and master cylinder.... at a minimum... nothing about adapting these brakes to the bike is gonna be easy I don't think.... also.... can I use zo4 pads with the 484s?

Well , they would be fine , until you need to replace the seals . Then you have to take them to a authorized Brembo technician and have them re sealed . The worldwide insurance liability scare of a few years ago , changed the way Brembo handled this , instead of just locating someone stocking the correct seal replacement , you had to get the official qualified fellow to fit it for you .
The street Brembo calipers ( with dust seals ) are going to be far and away better than the 6 piston tokicos axials on Gen 1 and radials 4 piston tokicos on Gen 2 . You will have made a great upgrade to your machine .

That is for right only caliper , going by the listed item number . This would be a great caliper choice in dual caliper purchase . But probably cheaper off evilbay . The 32/36 staggered pistons is because when a multi piston caliper presses the pad to bite the disc , it bites from the back piston first then to front , of course in micro seconds of brake activation . I know that Brembo used independant pads for each piston for some of their calipers at one stage , may well still do for the full race monoblocs . Now the even piston setup of say the .484 calipers I run would still bite from the back piston first , the pad being one piece would still bite from the back edge first , then the full pad contacting . The bigger rear piston may initiate stronger initial braking power , the even piston approach may promote more feel ?
I have had the rear wheel lift under braking from slowing down from over 150mph down to 40mph , it was a pretty wild feeling , the Phatt Busa was matching or out braking most everything at the track that day .

Well , they would be fine , until you need to replace the seals . Then you have to take them to a authorized Brembo technician and have them re sealed . The worldwide insurance liability scare of a few years ago , changed the way Brembo handled this , instead of just locating someone stocking the correct seal replacement , you had to get the official qualified fellow to fit it for you .
The street Brembo calipers ( with dust seals ) are going to be far and away better than the 6 piston tokicos axials on Gen 1 and radials 4 piston tokicos on Gen 2 . You will have made a great upgrade to your machine .
toad... I know the p4 32/36 would be 900 bucks apiece.... but the 484s are around 1400 for both.... and the gp4rx are around the same..... which ones should I get? how often would the p4s have to be serviced? i wanna start ordering stuff at least.... I need calipers/spacers/rotors/master cylinder... I worked 5 overtime shifts last 2 weeks and I gotta spend trhis money before the misses realizes how bonkers I went.... this isn't cheap for me....

Back under the thumb again eh bro ... hahahaha , good one bro .
Now , go GP4-RX , cheaper , work great , pads are easy to install , the money saved go towards mounting brackets . Be sure to look at the availability of those first , and what spacing mount made to adapt to your Gen 1 forks , 100MM or 108mm caliper , the GP4-RX is made in either size . Webike Japan is honest / safe , you can request a availability time estimate , good range I think .

Home page drop down menu , Hayabusa , then look for brakes , caliper mounts or adapters . But get your calipers elsewhere , for best price .
Good hunting .

Back under the thumb again eh bro ... hahahaha , good one bro .
Now , go GP4-RX , cheaper , work great , pads are easy to install , the money saved go towards mounting brackets . Be sure to look at the availability of those first , and what spacing mount made to adapt to your Gen 1 forks , 100MM or 108mm caliper , the GP4-RX is made in either size . Webike Japan is honest / safe , you can request a availability time estimate , good range I think .

Home page drop down menu , Hayabusa , then look for brakes , caliper mounts or adapters . But get your calipers elsewhere , for best price .
Good hunting .
u think so?? they are eye candy but I really think the p4s would stop harder with the bigger pistons, no??? NOBODY compares these brakes and gives any objective stopping distances... which would be REALLY helpful.... I don't wanna buy the calipers just because they look beautiful... I don't wanna be that guy.... on a side note... this is turning out to be quite the project.... I was gonna bring the bike to frank and have him do this stuff... but I cant ask him to go through all this BS.... the search for adapters and spacers alone is crazy... part of me feels like breaking out the credit card and just ordering the ohlins forks... but the bike feels great to me and the forks already had springs/internals replaced and are internally lowered... I don't wanna mess with it ya know... the bike is set up to haul ass in a straight line...and it does this well.

Last edited:
I have tested them , my mate had the P4 's also on the track day , my thing has bigger rotors , both brake good . My brakes are very strong , spit you off if you wanted I guess . Never heard they are just eye candy , but could be bonus parked up at the donuts joint bro . Choose either , spend ya $ before your better half finds out !! hahahahaha
My old mates set up before I bought his Ohlins forks and BST wheels for spares , and the L2 , both used in anger on corner rich environment .
DSCF1699.JPG

13041242_10156864106905445_120012942113684300_o.jpg

I have tested them , my mate had the P4 's also on the track day , my thing has bigger rotors , both brake good . My brakes are very strong , spit you off if you wanted I guess . Never heard they are just eye candy , but could be bonus parked up at the donuts joint bro . Choose either , spend ya $ before your better half finds out !! hahahahaha
My old mates set up before I bought his Ohlins forks and BST wheels for spares , and the L2 , both used in anger on corner rich environment .
View attachment 1583861

View attachment 1583859
nice... well.. I say eye candy because those calipers are nickel coated.. they almost look chrome to me... and as good as they look... I don't wanna draw attention to the bike unnecessarily... I worry about thieves even now... the p4s are more my style I think... and the bonus is the bigger pistons.... what do u think about the Brembo trex rotors?

T-drive Brembo or something , yes I like them , for stainless steel full floating rotor , I would consider them for next Busa myself , just forgot their official name . They chatter , said to even more than my Braketecks . By chatter , I refer to the rattle they make when not getting bit by cliper , it's a well known race bike noise , but is harmless but loud in between cars lane splitting . But who cares about that , they have extra reason to know your there . Those rotors pictured on my old mates parted Busa , are 310 ductile iron Braketechs instead of my 330mm same iron , and this combined with Ferodo ceramic pads with our caliper choices is outrageously good fun .
I got to go , I am in the middle of fitting up my chain , and the sky is blue like in my mates bike pic ... wrong day for this job , I should be out riding !!

I geek on stuff like this. This is the front brake setup on Honda's Factory HRC racebike for the just finished Suzuka 8 hours. No they didnt win (Honda seems cursed on their own track for whatever reason!) but just the sheer trick factor made me look over this picture for an extended time. There are bits on here that I don't even know what they do! For instance the coil spring adjacent to the fork lower, the 3 blue ano nuts under the caliper, what do they do? Appears to be a Nissin variant of the T-drive Brembo rotors too. Cool stuff. Lots of other cool pics of this bike HERE.
Red-Bull-Honda-CBR1000RR-SP2-Suzuka-8-Hours-race-bike-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I geek on stuff like this. This is the front brake setup on Honda's Factory HRC racebike for the just finished Suzuka 8 hours. No they didnt win (Honda seems cursed on their own track for whatever reason!) but just the sheer trick factor made me look over this picture for an extended time. There are bits on here that I don't even know what they do! For instance the coil spring adjacent to the fork lower, the 3 blue ano nuts under the caliper, what do they do? Appears to be a Nissin variant of the T-drive Brembo rotors too. Cool stuff. Lots of other cool pics of this bike HERE.
Red-Bull-Honda-CBR1000RR-SP2-Suzuka-8-Hours-race-bike-03.jpg
Hi. The Beringers are a direct fit on your bike alt123. Your cost would be $2250.
00 + banjos and brake lines + dot 4 fluid. Frank could do it in a day I bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. The Beringers are a direct fit on your bike alt123. Your cost would be $2250.
00 + banjos and brake lines + dot 4 fluid. Frank could do it in a day I bet.
i looked… I dunno yet... I really like the radial setup... but ure right it is complicated... it burns me up that I gotta spend money on BRAKES... I never thought I would mature to this level.... I worked 3 sixteen hour shifts in the last 4 days... all forced OT.... its getting crazy..... this whole summer almost... thousands of dollars in overtime coming my way since I get paid every 2 weeks.... I pray I get some time off soon.

Back