What brand/Company name gas are you using and why? West or East coast

OB_WARBIRD

Registered
I use 93 in my busa [lack of knock sensor,hot summer days] and my S-10 pickup that I drive to work on less than perfect days. Without a doubt the gas milage is higher with 93 than 87 EVERY tank that my wife and I tested. By the time the first half tank in either vehicle is gone we can notice the difference in fuel milage, and with the S-10 performance also. Dennis see Sonic Boom's post above yours.

I've been using Union 76 gas since 1990 and very happy with that gas.I did switched octane from High"93" to "87" since yesterday and will update any changes in performance to the Busa. I used Shell gas until someone told me Shell gas was bad for the aluminum block type engine, and I used Chervron gas until they "gas station I use to go to", had their gas tank accidentlly filled with diesal fuel which caused my 89 GSXR 1100 to foul up big time and caused down time for my bike. For the Northern California riders around San Jose area,have you ever used ROTTEN Robbie's Gas? I notice that their gas is cheaper than most of the standard gas stations, I was told by a Gas/trucker hauler that all the gas that these aftermarket/non-standard gas operators come from the same place/refinearys.

Chevron or Amoco only. I did the 93 to 87 switch too, Cisco. Seems like bottom end torque is down. PC2 map was made on 93, maybe that's it. Havent had plugs out since 87 either. Does seem to be running cleaner, my map is pretty rich and on 93 pipe is sooty(plugs good tho).

Left coast. Shell or Texaco 92 octane. We don't have gasoline testing here in Oregon, and we also have alcohol in our gas.

Southern Indiana, using 87 grade, mostly Marathon. Also us an off brand from a Thornton station. May not be same gas, but have seen them loading at Marathon refinery? Pipes running clean & bike pulling strong on both brands.

Still experimenting. Interestingly, switching from Chevron 87 to Shell 92 I got better mileage +3mpg on first tank...same driving conditions (commute). Bay Area on the West Coast.

I'm in the same area as you "Cisco". I would never use Rotten Robbie (or any other off brand) gas in my bike for the very reason you mentioned. I use Chevron Supreme, but am going to try Chevron regular unleaded, 87 octane, and see how my bike runs. I am a bit skeptical due to the 11:1 C/R of our 1299cc engines, and absence of a knock sensor, but the owners manual seems to imply 87 pump octane is okay. Other than obvious cost advantages, I suspect on regular unleaded the bike's mpg will increase somewhat. Right now, I'd be happy if a change in gasoline would cure my slow speed stumble problem. I am going to be pissed if I ever find out the gas station I fill up is pumping "rotten" gas.

Back