What brake levers do you run?

simanio872

Registered
Hi guys,
Just wondering what everybody's preference is on brake levers. Im personally partial to vortex but theres apparently fitment issues with the 18+ and the idea of a folding set is appealing (since i cant seem to keep the rubber on the road:laugh:). The CRG levers look pretty nice but not sure if they would satisfy my vanity. The handful of other brands i’ve seen i know almost nothing about. Any input or opinions are welcome and appreciated!

ASV shorties.

@simanio872

generally i wanna say
that you can use more or less all levers - depends on your "taste".
if
they are produced in usa or europe (best would be the street legalized german levers - certificated)

but you should fear these chinese levers like the devil the holy water !

this levers seem to be so bad in material and quality
that our police here in germany confiscates at minimum this levers themselves or if you have very bad luck the whole bike.
police´s argument - the chinese levers may break in normal use - tests at a special german technical organization has apparently / allegedly shown this very often very clearly.
caused by that horrible results they never got / will get an official certificate for legal use here in germany.

@simanio872

generally i wanna say
that you can use more or less all levers - depends on your "taste".
if
they are produced in usa or europe (best would be the street legalized german levers - certificated)

but you should fear these chinese levers like the devil the holy water !

this levers seem to be so bad in material and quality
that our police here in germany confiscates at minimum this levers themselves or if you have very bad luck the whole bike.
police´s argument - the chinese levers may break in normal use - tests at a special german technical organization has apparently / allegedly shown this very often very clearly.
caused by that horrible results they never got / will get an official certificate for legal use here in germany.

Cops around here don’t confiscate our brake levers. We have something called probable cause, unlawful search and seizure and due process.

Back