What bothers you the most when riding in groups?

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Riding in groups what really irratates you?

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074541827 -->

Always leading. It's fun to follow and SEE other bikers on occasion, and leave the route to someone else. Nothing other than that. Interesting question.

Anyone who thinks they can share my lane, particularly passing me in my lane really irritates me. I think this is a very dangerous practise and I won't put up with it.

I typically ride with the same 4-5 guys, so we know each other vey well and usually have no problems.
The one issue is that the guy who usually leads is a "get from point A to point B" type of rider, but the rest of us just stop and "smell the roses" when we want, and he usually comes back, so not a big problem.
I have ridden with guys who do not keep their position, they are either way back or so close you can not see them in your mirror, that I do not like.

Ride safe
eyes.gif

The worst is following folks in the twisties that have developed a rather passive riding style and do not use their brakes, just engine braking... Makes it nearly impossible to predict what is coming up corner wise. Next thing you know you are all the ass end of the guy in front, then you have to brake harder, later than you intended, sorta screws up your line, and timing.

OH OH and when following, all the road grime that gets fed to your bike...

I have ridden with guys who do not keep their position, they are either way back or so close you can not see them in your mirror, that I do not like.
Kind on my same thought...I like to look good when riding in a group...Most of the guys I ride with will break out of the group and ride in the other lane or they will not stay side by side or staggered...I think that requires a lot of discipline which apparently they don't have...I refer they to the style of formations that the Harley guys use (shat they look good when they ride)...But to no avail...
evil.gif

My biggest gripe is riding positions. I always prefer stagger and when the guy in front decides to ride the middle or come over on you gets pretty frustrating.

I like the group thing, and there a lot of guys who ride in my group who like to go find a nice quiet stretch in the country so we can lock em' up, but the other half are just simply thrilled to death to own a motorcycle and refuse to do anything with it but cruise or occasionally get it to a hundred. I like for everyone to have the same agenda, and that makes it fun. I know one time there was only about 6-7 that showed up to ride and we all wanted to race, that was a great day...
cool.gif

1. Guys who don't know how to keep to their lane
2. guys who don't realize their are signals on the bike for a reason
3. Guys who idea of riding is to get to the hangout in 20 min, want to hang out there for 2 hours and talk about how great a rider they are
4. Guys who think that every run or ride, even from stop light to stoplight is a race.

But hey I usually ride with the same couple of guys, and we know each others ability.. When I ride with an unknown pack I hang out in the back till i figure out who the idiots are and know to stay away from them.

I with WWJD, I am always on point and I really get sick off it .
You could help us out there NE and let us chase you for awhile.

I HATE when people stunt from the back of the pack. Because almost every year some assclown loses it and not only takes themself out they take out an unsuspecting rider from behind.

Hint: If you want to stunt, do it in front of every one. So if you bust your ass. We can all stop in time and make sure your straight!

The biggest thing that iritates me is waiting on everyone to show up for the ride. If you can't make it on time don't come. Another thing I hate is having to ride everywhere in town to meet up with the other riders in the group. Make one meeting place and one time and if you are not there too bad so sad for you.

ya i kept up well enough even with a passenger
if i remember correctly your gps said we did 250 miles at an average speed of 120

1. When you take new riders out with the pack to get them use to riding with the group and people want to take off and leave them!
cussing.gif

2. I don't mind the same lane riding, passing, side by side, but pay attention people. You can't do this all the time. Esp. when the traffic isn't the best and you come up on road debris. You end up trying to out break/accel. someone and cause a cluster fu*@ for people riding behind you.

3. If you mess around always do it in front of the pack! If you wreck behind us we can't see you and you might take someone else out with you.
director.gif

4. Decide ahead of time what the plan is. That way if some people want to cruise they can and others race they can to.

5. Not staying together or organized and pretty much holding up traffic because some dumb A** wants to show of his CHROME in the fast lane. They wonder why cars don't like them!?!? Hmm....
iamwithstupid.gif

6. Learn to take turns in a group. You can't be hitting the apex in town and cutting people off. Keep your distance and ride smart people!
idea.gif

The list goes on and on and on...........

Anyone else want to add some?

I agree with most of what's been said already and:

When I ride with the cruiser guys - going too slow.

When I ride with some of the sportbike guys - going too fast.

The cruisers I can forgive.. but cruising the 40 miles to hooters with the speedo in the triple digits is nuts. The road has blind intersections, traffic lights complete with cell-phone using left-turners, minivans with moms turned around seeing how cute the bay looks asleep in the car seat, and is *well* patrolled by the police.  It's just too risky.  Don't ge me wrong.. I love to hit the twisties and roll on the throttle.. but in the right spot.  Cruise fast - yes.  Stupid-fast?  No.  A RIDE is not a RACE.  And besides.. I got away with zipping by a speed trap at well over 100mph last year.. I'm still recovering from that.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Dangerously
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074554561 -->

Really don't like when others use compression braking as mentioned above.When I do this I always tap the brakes to warn others. Also can't stand the guy that rides stagerred, but in your blind spot. The rider that chooses to drop two gears when he's  right behind you and does a fly-by @ 140 just a few feet away from you when you're doing 70. The guy that weaves in and out of traffic (hollywood style) at 160 but gets real scared and calm in the twisties or straights. AND THE ABSOLUTE WORST... The guy on the 1000 or below that eggs you on to no end all day long without setting a real race, and when you finally have enough, you put a few miles in between you and him his best response is..... "oh yea I just decided to back off and chill out a bit" really  really gets me bent....  
AAAssjani.gif
         also would like to add guys that do stoppies as there coming up behind you. The bottom line is, friend or not if you hit my bike we're swingin'. Stunt all you want, just away from me. Finally guys that grab a handfull of the "go stick" only to jam on their brakes. very squidish

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "can't stop writing...."|1074555356 -->

Back